• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
points for the bug catching contest depend on how much HP the pokemon has when caught, and what pokemon it is. A healthy scyther will always beat anything. a weak scyther will lose to a wurmple.

points for the bug catching contest depend on how much HP the pokemon has when caught, and what pokemon it is. A healthy scyther will always beat anything. a weak scyther will lose to a wurmple.

wow...that makes getting evolution stones practically impossible barring pokewalker...
Never thought that there would be a downside to using my False Swiping lv99 Crawdaunt to do all of my catching work...

wow...that makes getting evolution stones practically impossible barring pokewalker...
Never thought that there would be a downside to using my False Swiping lv99 Crawdaunt to do all of my catching work...

Just keep throwing balls at the full health bug pokemon, eventually you should catch it.

But, this is people on the GTS we're talking about. I'm sure at least 90% of the people there that have "seen" an event Pokemon or something have cheated. How do you explain the cherish ball Pokemon that they seem to have been traded or traded away (if they want another one) then? =p

pretty sure some (well, most) event only legends on there are hacked or at least cloned - i just think saying they're all hacks is quite a sweeping statement with little truth & no evidence...

i've got legit shaymin, mew & jirachi myself - the mew & jirachi are pretty easy to get (pokemon ranch & pokemon channel respectively) so when i get time i throw them out for trade on the GTS

although 87% of statistics are made up on the spot - i concur with your "90% are hacks" statement! :p

Stupid Question

what happen if a Egg form a game in one language is transfer and hatch in a game in a different language?

Does the pokemon hatch with the the language of the original game or the language of the game it is in now?

1. How do you "drill" in the underground?
2. Is it true that male Pokemon have higher attacks and females have higher defenses?

2. Is it true that male Pokemon have higher attacks and females have higher defenses?

To drill, you have to barter with the salespeople down there. A drill only has one use though, so use it wisely.

No, that's certainly not true.

Stupid Question

what happen if a Egg form a game in one language is transfer and hatch in a game in a different language?

Does the pokemon hatch with the the language of the original game or the language of the game it is in now?
The nickname will be in the language of the game it's hatched in.
1. There's an item called [bp]Digger Drill[/bp] that lets you drill into the wall to make a Secret Base. I guess that's what you mean.
2. Currently, there is no difference between the stats based on gender. In Gen. 2, Gender was determined by applying the Attack IV to the gender ratio. Female Pokémon couldn't have a max Attack IV unless they were in an all-female species (like Chansey).

EDIT: semi-ninja'd

PMD WiiWare

I don't know if this is answered elsewhere, but will there be an English release for the WiiWare Mystery Dungeon games?

Okay, so Unown are modeled after the English Alphabet.
Then how is their story handled in the Japanese version? Is everything still written in Unown-English?

In Japanese, Romanji (ie the Latin Alphabet) is used for certain words, so Unown were based off Romanji in Japan.

In gen.2 the Attack stat determined if the Pokemon was male or female, high attack=male, low attack=female. This ofc. does nothing if the Pokemon has a 100% chance of either gender, and genderless are not effected either, but the defense stat does nothing whit this.

OK, my friend told me that about Crystal. Thanks. And I meant how to dig for fossils/spheres/stones.

OK, my friend told me that about Crystal. Thanks. And I meant how to dig for fossils/spheres/stones.
You just go up to a wall that sparkles when you tap the touch screen. You can use the top screen to find the places that the treasure might be.

The actual excavating is kinda hard to explain. You get two tools, one which hits one space at a time and one which hits several spots. You don't want to hit the hard spots too much because the walls will crumble.

Hey.
I've been playing pokemon for awhile now(since Red), but I'm just starting now to EV train.

All I want to know is, in Gen4, do wild pokemon start with 0 EV's or do they have randomized EV's & you have to use berries to reset them?

Hey.
I've been playing pokemon for awhile now(since Red), but I'm just starting now to EV train.

All I want to know is, in Gen4, do wild pokemon start with 0 EV's or do they have randomized EV's & you have to use berries to reset them?

Wild Pokemon have 0 EV.

Hey all, long time no see. I need some opinions from people slightly more experienced then myself in the field of competitive battling.

I've decided to raise a Togekiss using Smogon's Nasty Plot Sweeper build. After an obscene amount of breeding, I've ended up with only two Togepi that have the suggested nature and ability, and have inherited Nasty Plot as an egg move. After checking their IVs, I can't decide which one to use. >_< Here are the IVs:

31|0|2|31|31|21
23|15|14|31|29|31

According to Smogon, the key to the selling point for this set is Togekiss's ability to take hits, so it seems like the first Togepi would be the best bet. On the other hand, my original goal in this little project was to raise a decent special sweeper, for which a higher Speed stat is always better. In that regard, Togepi #2 looks like it would be alright. It won't be able to tank as well as the first one, but it's HP IV isn't that bad and it's SpDef IV is great.

I'm completely stuck on this, so I turn to you all. What's better here, being faster or being able to take more hits?

Hey all, long time no see. I need some opinions from people slightly more experienced then myself in the field of competitive battling.

I've decided to raise a Togekiss using Smogon's Nasty Plot Sweeper build. After an obscene amount of breeding, I've ended up with only two Togepi that have the suggested nature and ability, and have inherited Nasty Plot as an egg move. After checking their IVs, I can't decide which one to use. >_< Here are the IVs:

31|0|2|31|31|21
23|15|14|31|29|31

According to Smogon, the key to the selling point for this set is Togekiss's ability to take hits, so it seems like the first Togepi would be the best bet. On the other hand, my original goal in this little project was to raise a decent special sweeper, for which a higher Speed stat is always better. In that regard, Togepi #2 looks like it would be alright. It won't be able to tank as well as the first one, but it's HP IV isn't that bad and it's SpDef IV is great.

I'm completely stuck on this, so I turn to you all. What's better here, being faster or being able to take more hits?

IMO, the second one will last longer while the first will probably hit them before they hit you, your best bet is to test them out in a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom