• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about EVs
Say I want 252 EVs in Special Attack

1. I give it 10 Calcium for the 100 initial EVs
2. I kill 15 ghastlys while holding power lens with pokerus infection to gain 10 EVs per ghastly correct?
(1+4)*2 = 10 as originally calculated

But here is the question to get the 2 more EVs
do I have to take off power lens to get it?
or can I just take equip Power Lens and still get it.

This is under assumption that:
HP has 4 EVs already and Speed has 252 EVs already
so the remaining EVs are 252, so there is no way I can get 255 EVs in Special Attack

I have a question about EVs
Say I want 252 EVs in Special Attack

1. I give it 10 Calcium for the 100 initial EVs
2. I kill 15 ghastlys while holding power lens with pokerus infection to gain 10 EVs per ghastly correct?
(1+4)*2 = 10 as originally calculated

But here is the question to get the 2 more EVs
do I have to take off power lens to get it?
or can I just take equip Power Lens and still get it.

This is under assumption that:
HP has 4 EVs already and Speed has 252 EVs already
so the remaining EVs are 252, so there is no way I can get 255 EVs in Special Attack
Just take off the Power Lens, that way you'll get 1 EV for a Gastly which is multiplied by 2 thanks to PokéRus, so you get 2 EV's for defeating one Gastly with PokéRus and without Power Lens.

Well, at your question Nanoka, you can just use the Power Lens to get the rest of your EVs.
You'll have 254 Special Attack EVs in the end, since you already have 4 HP and 252 Speed. If you did Special Attack first though, you'd need to unequip the Power Lens first.

EDIT: Darn, ninja'd

Just take off the Power Lens, that way you'll get 1 EV for a Gastly which is multiplied by 2 thanks to PokéRus, so you get 2 EV's for defeating one Gastly with PokéRus and without Power Lens.

You are missing the point as usual learn to read before posting, I already killed 16 ghastlys with power and pokerus I was wondering if I should start over or not

You are missing the point as usual learn to read before posting, I already killed 16 ghastlys with power and pokerus I was wondering if I should start over or not

You said you beat 15, not 16.
Anyway, you can either beat another Gastly with or without the Power Lens, it doesn't matter.

If you've already done it (which you just said you have), it doesn't matter if you already have 4 HP / 252 Speed EVs.

THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR ARGUING! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE THIS PETTY NONSENSE, PRIVATE/VISITOR MESSAGE BACK AND FORTH TO EACH OTHER!!

Does Bug Bite's/Pluck's Berry-stealing effect hit through Subs?

I know it's possible, albeit difficult to breed pokemon with perfect IV's. Could someone please explain the process to me?

If you're patient enough, have parents with your desired IVs (get those from the trade forums) and actually know your SID, that is. I can't explain better than this article can. It's an entirely legitimate way of obtaining your perfect Pokemon too.

Last edited:
Does Bug Bite's/Pluck's Berry-stealing effect hit through Subs?

If you're patient enough, have parents with your desired IVs (get those from the trade forums) and actually know your SID, that is. I can't explain better than this article can. It's an entirely legitimate way of obtaining your perfect Pokemon too.

that's really sick. Too bad I haven't caught any shinies to find my PID yet.

that's really sick. Too bad I haven't caught any shinies to find my PID yet.

Use the trade forums to find someone who can find out your SID (via AR or save editing) for you if you don't mind.

You don't need to know your Secret ID No. in order to manipulate the PRNG and getting a desired IV spread, using RNGReporter for example. You only need that number if you want to catch or breed shiny Pokémon.

Now that you mention it... I must have missed the part about TIDs and SIDs under that section.

I think you can do it if you have 4 or 5 chained shinies. I'm not sure of the process though.

Or you can use an AR.

Usually I just ignore the roamers when they first appear, since it'll be almost impossible to find them. Just carry on with what you would do until you (hopefully) run into it. Also, I might try checking route 118 every once in a while. The two or three times I've played through Sapphire, I always found Latias on route 121. On Ruby, I found Latios on route 118, so I can only assume that route 118 for Latios is a somewhat common area, maybe. There's a large chance that I'm wrong, but it can't hurt to try.

Overall, don't put too much effort in tracking/catching him yet.

How can I find Latios(in Ruby)?
I searching him a month but not finding.

I used to do it by going in and out of Mt. Pyre and checking the pokedex's map until Lati@s would show up in the water around Mt. Pyre. It took only about 20 minutes for me to find Latias in Sapphire this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom