• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't exactly plan to use this with pros or anything, I was thinking of using it maybe on PBR or against some casual battler friends of mine. Will it still work, if I use the suggested Phanpy at level 50 /w/ Ice Shard?

Yes, it will. But after thinking about it, I realized that Swinub is a better choice, as it is immune to both Sandstorm and Hail. If you're not using it competitively, then don't worry about the attack IVs at all; just breed a few and take the weakest defensively. It doesn't matter if it's not perfect. Swinub is not going to take a hit anyway.

Alternatively, Scrappy Kangaskhan can hit Ghosts with Endeavor, but relies on Sucker Punch for its increased priority, is more bulky, and isn't immune to weather.

Is the only requirement for Pal Park and the Poke Radar the completion of the National Dex, or do you need to take down the E4 as well?

Is the only requirement for Pal Park and the Poke Radar the completion of the National Dex, or do you need to take down the E4 as well?

You only need to complete the REGIONAL Dex, not the National one. And since you need to beat the E4 to do that, I'm going to call those requirements one in the same.

You only need to complete the REGIONAL Dex, not the National one. And since you need to beat the E4 to do that, I'm going to call those requirements one in the same.

Sorry, slip of the tongue. And you don't need to defeat the E4 to complete the Regional Dex. You could always just trade for whatever Pokemon you're still missing.

Another question.. Why can't I get a Ralts with Hypnosis when I breed it with male Spiritomb (with Hypnosis) with female Ralts?

Another question.. Why can't I get a Ralts with Hypnosis when I breed it with male Spiritomb (with Hypnosis) with female Ralts?

Because Hypnosis is a level-up move for Ralts, which means both parents need to know Hypnosis for the baby to hatch knowing it.

In Emerald where are good places to EV trian in Attack and Special Attack?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Tough one...

Attack: Route 102 (Poochyena), Route 103 (Poochyena), Route 104 (Poochyena), Route 110 (Poochyena), Route 111 desert (Trapinch), Route 116/117 (Poochyena) Petalburg Woods (Poochyena) Route 116/117 (Poochyena), Routes 118/119 (Carvanha, must fish with Good Rod or Super Rod) Route 120 (Mightyena, Absol), Route 121 (Mightyena)

Special Attack: Route 110 (Oddish), Route 112 (Numel), Route 113 (Spinda, Slugma).

Hope this helps. Sorry if it's a bit hard to read.

Last edited:
Thanks in advance.

I usually go to Route 120 for attack EVs...(as Platinumdude said
but for SA EVs, I go to the Power Plant south of Mauville(on Route 110, needs to surf), there are Magnemites(+1) and Magnetons(+2) there, and if you put a fainted Pokemon with the ability Magnet Pull, it would be easier for you to meet them

Thanks to everyone who replied it will be a big help. :thumbup:

Does anyone know if they are repeating the Shaymin wifi event? Like they did in Japan? Wait.....did they?

Does anyone know if they are repeating the Shaymin wifi event? Like they did in Japan? Wait.....did they?

They didn't make available the Oak's Letter Wonder Card twice; only the Secret Key was distributed in two different dates, each one with a specific duration.

I really need someone who understands RNG breeding
Here are my information:

I met a shiny Graveler by random in my Diamond, and with this Graveler I can figure out what my PID is, the IV of this Golem(I evolved it) is (from HP)25, 22, 17, 7, 4, 16
I've got my PID, which is CF6EF191,
In binary numbers, CF6E: 1100111101101110, F191:1111000110010001
as for my ID, it's 13625:0011010100111001
so together, they add up to be 0000101111000000(Smogon said that the last three binaries can be disregarded)
and in decimals, it's 03008, AND Smogon also said that because of the disregardation(is this even a word..?) of the last three binaries, it has a range of 7, that means it's range is from 03008 to 03015

My question is, are my calculations correct?
I need someone to proof-read/calculate for me
It would be GREATLY appreciated and so very kind if someone can do it^^
Please!!!

What is the Nature of your Golem?

I did the step-by-step calculation and got the same result. So yes, your SID would be between 03008 to 03015, assuming that the PID is correct.

What is the Nature of your Golem?

I did the step-by-step calculation and got the same result. So yes, your SID would be between 03008 to 03015, assuming that the PID is correct.

Thank you so very much for proof-calculating
I may add that the nature of the Golem is Jolly^^

Code:
Shiny Graveler's Personality Value:  CF6EF191
First 2-bytes:  [color=yellow]CF6E[/color]
Last 2-bytes:   [color=white]F191[/color]
ID No.: [color=#00FF00]13625[/color]

1.  [color=yellow]1100111101101110[/color]
2.  [color=white]1111000110010001[/color]
3.  [color=#00FF00]11010100111001[/color]

4.  1100111101101|110
5.  1111000110010|001
6.  0011010100111|001
    -------------|---
7.  0000101111000|000

Final result:  [color=orange]0000101111000000[/color] = 3008.
Secret ID No. ~[color=orange][03008, 03015][/color].

Your calculation is right, metalleg.

Thankyou RudolphMilotic
May I ask is it for sure that my SID is 03008
or do I have to try from 03008 to 03015?

It doesn't matter which one of the possible eight values is your actual Secret ID No.; you can use any of them in RNGReporter (I guess that's the reason you wanted to find out your SID in the first place) and the results will be the same, because the formula can create a shiny correlation with merely the first 13 bits of the SID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom