• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, cool. I do absolutely ZERO online playing, so I was just hoping that IVs EVs and Natures wouldn't cripple me too much since I've been ignoring them. If they don't have much bearing on the 'inside' gameplay, then I'm good. Thanks.
Nah.. If you don't online battle.. You can ignore all of it and you can even pass the game easily.. You might have some problem in Battle Frontier though..

All it means is that you'll need to be a couple of levels stronger in game to get past the league etc. But I don't think many people EV train until after the main story is done anyway.

Lol guys, I've been playing Diamond for just under 300 hours. My main team is Lv 100. I beat the game long ago (without any trouble at all actually) it was just bothering me that I might have been hindered by poor EVs/IVs without knowing it.

I don't have the patience to EV train anyway.

Thanks for all the input, though. You guys rock my virtual socks.

I don't know if this question belongs here...
How do you evolve a Pokemon with an evolution stone in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series?

How do you evolve a Pokemon with an evolution stone in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series?

In Blue/Red, you take yourself to Luminous Cave and when you wish to proceed with evolution (if possible), it will ask if you want/need to use an item as well, and that's when, if you need to, answer "Yes", and you will be taken to your bag to choose the item that's necessary.

Since I've only played only Red and Blue, this question will probably require more than one contributor.

I was under the impression that you could find evolutionary stones like regular items in certain dungeons. I believe that you give it to the Pokemon that evolves with it and take them to the area where evolution happens.

This may not be correct though. I am an Infernape in Explorers of Time, so this issue never came up for me.

EDIT: Basically right, but beaten to the punch. Lol.

Oh, okay. Thank you, Hikaru and Kayde for answering my question!
^3^ Now, I can get that Poliwhirl to evolve...

UPDATED ANSWER:

Here's where you can find the stones (this is only true for Red & Blue though.)

Fire Stone - Fiery Field
Leaf Stone - Wish Cave & the Kecleon Shops
Moon Stone - Solar Cave
Sun Stone - Solar Cave
Thunder Stone - Lightening Field
Water Stone - Northwind Field

Thanks for answering, I've got some other questions which are bothering me...

1. Do you need your SID in order to RNG the perfect Pokemon?

2. When calibrating, why do we need to catch a high leveled(in Smogon it suggests >50) Pokemon? Does different/low/near 50 leveled Pokemon affect the result?

3. Does the ashes in Route 227 count as a weather condition, so in other words, can I do my calibration with the Pokemon I caught there?

Last edited:
Thanks for answering, I've got some other questions which are bothering me...

1. Do you need your SID in order to RNG the perfect Pokemon?

Only if you want them to be shiny.
2. When calibrating, why do we need to catch a high leveled(in Smogon it suggests >50) Pokemon? Does different/low/near 50 leveled Pokemon affect the result?

So you can plug it's stats into RNG reporter and it can figure out it's IVs(which is actually all it needs). If you have AR(unlike me) you can use the IV checker code and plug in the IVs rather than the stats. In which case you can catch any level Pokemon.

If you have Platinum, the best place to go is the resort area where you fish until you encounter a 50+ Magikarp. If you get "not even a nibble" or the Magikarp's level is too low, don't worry about it, just keep trying until what you're looking for shows up.

3. Does the ashes in Route 227 count as a weather condition, so in other words, can I do my calibration with the Pokemon I caught there?

I highly doubt it's considered a weather condition, but I'm not positive.

Thanks a lot for answering
So I'll have to do my calibration again with the Magikarps (I'm doing it in Platinum)
I might PM you with more questions, so if you have time, please answer them

It doesn't have any effect on the battle, nor does it notify you in battle that it is happening. I guarantee you it has nothing to do with the battle mechanics and is only an overworld graphics thing.

What determines how much self-inflicted damage your Pokemon receives when it's confused?

EDIT: Post 666. Awesomesauce.

Last edited:
pokemon with confusion attacks itself with an attack power of 40

Your Attack and Defense stats.

Self-inflicted confusion damage is calculated as though it was a physical 40BP typeless attack. That's why Swagger sharply raises the target's Attack - so your enemy hurts itself more when it's confused.

Last edited:
i was trying to use metal kids iv calculator i understood everything but the effort point part i was just wondering what they are and how to find them (im new to iv's and such)

got a small question... I've acquired a shaymin in my platinum game and want to obtain the gracida flower (not sure if my spelling is right)

it says on bulbapedia to go to flamora and I did but it doesn't say who to talk to or what house to go into... does anyone know where it is in flamora?

^It's one of the people in the house near the center of town, iirc. But I'm not sure you can use a caught Shaymin to get the Gracidea... I thought it was that you can only get it with a TRU Shaymin, but it would work on all Shaymin... =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom