• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the minimum Happiness rating a Dragon Pokemon needs before Wilma will teach it Draco Meteor?

The minimum required is actually the highest possible value, 255. In other words, once your Dragon-type Pokémon is completely happy, Grandma Wilma will then teach it Draco Meteor.

Is there a faster way for 2 pokemon in daycare to lay an egg is its by time or by how many steps u take.

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question. If it isn't, please let me know :).

Anyway, I recently jumped into the pokemon series by purchasing heart gold after not playing since the first generation. I'm kind of confused about a lot of things, but I only have one question.

I live in Canada and I know there's a new area being released in April for the pokewalker. I just have no idea how to get it .. Can I use local wireless? Or do I have to be near a nintendo wireless connection or something? Because I don't think there are any where I live.

Any information would be helpful!

You need a Wi-Fi spot, anywhere will work as long as you can get on Wi-Fi.

Is there a faster way for 2 pokemon in daycare to lay an egg is its by time or by how many steps u take.
It's by steps. Every 256 steps, the game checks the compatibility between the two Pokémon. The best compatibilty is different OT, same species I think.
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question. If it isn't, please let me know :).

Anyway, I recently jumped into the pokemon series by purchasing heart gold after not playing since the first generation. I'm kind of confused about a lot of things, but I only have one question.

I live in Canada and I know there's a new area being released in April for the pokewalker. I just have no idea how to get it .. Can I use local wireless? Or do I have to be near a nintendo wireless connection or something? Because I don't think there are any where I live.

Any information would be helpful!
You'll need to get it from Wi-Fi. If you don't have a wireless router at home, try to find a Wi-Fi hotspot nearby.

What's Wi-Fi?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob. We have a wireless router at our house. Would that be considered Wi-Fi?

What's Wi-Fi?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob. We have a wireless router at our house. Would that be considered Wi-Fi?

Yes. In order to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, go to NWC settings in the main menu, select a connection and search for a compatible access point. You may need to enter a WEP key. Then, your connection settings will be tested. If it says ''connection successful'', you're ready to play online.

Thanks everyone :).

I appreciate the help .. now I know I'll be getting at least one event on my game :D!

Hi folks.

I have a few questions RE: the tag battle with your rival:

1) When can you do this (I guess after all 16 gyms and/or defeat Red)?
2) Is it a one-time-only thing?
3) If you can do this battle multiple times, what are the conditions to have a rematch?

On Number 1 I can say that it's after you beat your Rival at Mt. Moon. If there are any requirements beyond that I don't know.

I'd assume it's a one shot thing, but I myself have wondered this since Bulbapedia says occasionally.

What's the deal with IV breeding using the Power Items in HG/SS? The 'pedia says that it only has a 50% chance of passing down the selected IV, but no other website makes any kind of mention like that, and instead imply that the pass-down is 100% guaranteed.

So what's the verdict here? And please, only answer if you know what you're talking about. Don't simply quote some fan-site or something.

Simple Question about Trading

Ok. so i have some pokemon that i want to trade from Diamond to HG. but only temporarily. My question: If i trade it to HG. then back to Diamond, will they still level up the same way? since I am the OT. Will it still gain experience the same way as they do without trading? Will he still obey me?

Mmmkay, could someone check my math? I haven't got a graphing calculator on me and I'm feeling masochistic. I'm trying to figure out the odds of getting a near-perfect shiny.

Odds of being shiny: 1/8192
Odds of having any specific nature: 1/25
Odds of having 5 perfect IVs, with the non-perfect one in any specific stat: ((1/31)^5)1/6

So (1/8192)X(1/25)X((1/31)^5)X(1/6) = odds of getting a shiny pokemon with a desired nature and perfect IVs everywhere but the undesirable stat? What does that work out to?

Re: Simple Question about Trading

Ok. so i have some pokemon that i want to trade from Diamond to HG. but only temporarily. My question: If i trade it to HG. then back to Diamond, will they still level up the same way? since I am the OT. Will it still gain experience the same way as they do without trading? Will he still obey me?

While it's on your HG card, it'll be treated as an Outsider. When you return it to Diamond, assuming the save file hasn't been reset, it'll lost it's Outsider status, and all the pros and cons that come with it.

While it's on your HG card, it'll be treated as an Outsider. When you return it to Diamond, assuming the save file hasn't been reset, it'll lost it's Outsider status, and all the pros and cons that come with it.

Ok. so it will no longer have the double exp boost. fantastic.

another question, can one trade to themself from two different games using only one DS?

Nope. You need a second DS system for the other game.

Well...Theoretically, you could probably use the GTS to do something like that, but you'd stand the risk of someone grabbing the Pokemon you're trying to move between carts. Your best bet would be to simply get someone that you know and trust to work as a go-between.

I have a male Misdreavus that I like a lot, I don't want it to evolve because Mismagius shape looks a lot a female and I don't like so much it's back sprite...
So I was thinking: "My Misdreavus will be weaker than itself as a Mismagius :s", but I came to Bulbapedia and I saw that Mismagius HP, Atk and Def base stats are equal to the Misdreavus ones, and the Mismagius Sp. Atk, Sp. Def are just between 22 and 30 points higher than Misdreavus ones.

If I don't evolve my Misdreavus it will be stronger as a medium-ivs' Mismagius and I don't care about the moves it could learn as Mismagius if any.

What do you think? Is that evolution really necessary?

I have a male Misdreavus that I like a lot, I don't want it to evolve because Mismagius shape looks a lot a female and I don't like so much it's back sprite...
So I was thinking: "My Misdreavus will be weaker than itself as a Mismagius :s", but I came to Bulbapedia and I saw that Mismagius HP, Atk and Def base stats are equal to the Misdreavus ones, and the Mismagius Sp. Atk, Sp. Def are just between 22 and 30 points higher than Misdreavus ones.

If I don't evolve my Misdreavus it will be stronger as a medium-ivs' Mismagius and I don't care about the moves it could learn as Mismagius if any.

What do you think? Is that evolution really necessary?

Misdreavus got along just fine for two generations without an Evo. If you don't want to evolve it, then don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom