• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so this is an important questions how? I can tell you they are weak and any intended use will require a lot of training.

I'm trying to write an impromptu "Max Stats at Lowest Available Levels" guide. It's intended for personal usage, but I may eventually post it somewhere for public viewing.

are the effects of lockon transfered by baton pass?
are OHKO moves affected by Lock-on?
is there a mon who lears Lock-on and baton pass?

I'm trying to write an impromptu "Max Stats at Lowest Available Levels" guide. It's intended for personal usage, but I may eventually post it somewhere for public viewing.
The lowest available level for any breedable Pokemon is 1.
are the effects of lockon transfered by baton pass?
are OHKO moves affected by Lock-on?
is there a mon who lears Lock-on and baton pass?
Baton Pass can pass Lock-On as well as Mind Reader.
Lock-On and Mind Reader will make OHKO moves always hit.
Smeargle can Sketch Lock-On and Baton Pass.

Is it possible to breed a Pokemon to know two moves it can only learn via breeding?

eg. Teddiursa with crunch and close combat.

Is it possible to breed a Pokemon to know two moves it can only learn via breeding?

Yes, as long as the male parent has both of the moves. If the Male has a combianation of TM / HM / Egg Moves / Moves the baby will learn by level up (and the mother has these too) you can pass all 4 moves to a baby!

Well, if there is a parent that can have those moves then yes, it can have more than one egg move. Everything in the Ground egg group can have any combination of egg moves because of Smeargle.
How many steps/long does it take for a Pokemon to level up on the Pokewalker?
The amount of experience it needs to level up is the amount of steps it'll take in the Pokéwalker to get it to level up. If it only needs 20 more Exp., 20 sreps will level it up.

Yes, as long as the male parent has both of the moves. If the Male has a combianation of TM / HM / Egg Moves / Moves the baby will learn by level up (and the mother has these too) you can pass all 4 moves to a baby!

Ah ha. I see what I did wrong. I should've used a Snubull. I was seeing if there was a way to get a male Teddiursa knowing crunch and a male Teddiursa knowing close combat to somehow produce an offspring through some multi-generation breeding that would know both moves. I do believe it can't be done but I'd love to be corrected.

Also, inb4 suggesting the two males attempt to breed with each other...

hey, just to make sure I have the Yellow forest wifi thing understood, anyone want to explain how that works?

hey, just to make sure I have the Yellow forest wifi thing understood, anyone want to explain how that works?

I'm kinda curious about that too. Speaking of, can you give Pokemon you catch/find on the Pokewalker nicknames? I'd like to give my Yellow Forest Pikachu a nickname, but so far the two Sentret I caught kept the name SENTRET.

First, (once it starts) go on Wi-Fi and download the Yellow Forest event. Then connect to the Pokéwalker and send one of your Pokémon to the course. Simple as that.
I'm kinda curious about that too. Speaking of, can you give Pokemon you catch/find on the Pokewalker nicknames? I'd like to give my Yellow Forest Pikachu a nickname, but so far the two Sentret I caught kept the name SENTRET.
I think you can change their nickname using the Name Rater in Goldenrod/Lavender

I thought so, but I have to do in secret (grounded and all) so I wanted to be sure.

IS there a compettitive double battle tourny?
How do i check my Mon's IVs?
Where is a list of all the pokemon and moves banned in competition?
What weak pokemon supply what EV? i know gastly is good for SP atk (or def, idk) but thats it

Got this from a guy on yahoo answers. You could also check serebii (they have a list).

HP: turn the game to night and fight hoothoots near cherrygrove.
Attack: Mt. Mortar (has to be the entrance where you walk in and to the left and right of you is water and forward is ladder) goldeens the occasional seaking +2 atk
Defense: I haven't trained on defense, but just find a cave and fight geodudes
Sp. Atk: Near the lake of rage in the grass should be mostly flaaffys and girafirig which both give +2 sp. atk.
Sp. Def: Outside of goldenrod you will find drowzee's. you might not find them that often.
Speed: Near the start (like near newbark or cherrygrove) fight pidgeys and rattatas. Or slowpoke well because zubats show up often.
Kanto (when you get there. i'll list the good kanto spots)
HP: in celadon theres a small pond surf in there and you will find grimer and the occasional muk
Sp. Def: To the right of vermillion city there is a higher chance of finding drowzees and the occasional hypno +2 sp. def. IDK if its just me but i find more drowzees and hypnos in the middle next to the apricorn tree. (expect trainers walking)

thank you

also

How do i enter a competitive tourny?
can it be done over wi-fi or does it have to be in person?

is there a guide on the forum for effort value training? if not can someone give me a good pokemon to get effort values for attack off of?

Ah ha. I see what I did wrong. I should've used a Snubull. I was seeing if there was a way to get a male Teddiursa knowing crunch and a male Teddiursa knowing close combat to somehow produce an offspring through some multi-generation breeding that would know both moves. I do believe it can't be done but I'd love to be corrected.

Also, inb4 suggesting the two males attempt to breed with each other...

Can't do it by generation breeding, breed the Teddiursa with close combat with a female Snubull to get a male Snubull with CC, then level up the male Snubull until it learns Crunch and breed it with a female Teddiursa to get a male Teddiursa that knows both moves. either that or get a male Riolu with Crunch as an egg move and level it up to learn Close Combat and evolve to Lucario, then breed that with a female Teddiursa. Quite time consuming as levelling up needs to be done manually as egg moves can be forgotten if you level up in Daycare.

First, (once it starts) go on Wi-Fi and download the Yellow Forest event. Then connect to the Pokéwalker and send one of your Pokémon to the course. Simple as that.

Download event, pick up package from delivery man at the shop and then transfer a pokemon to the pokewalker course.

is there a guide on the forum for effort value training? if not can someone give me a good pokemon to get effort values for attack off of?

Which game are you playing? Do you have access to every area? Gyarados and Seaking spring to mind and in Pt there's an area near the resort area where you're guaranteed to run into them by fishing. With a Power Brace and Pokerus you can get 12 Attack EV's from those two pokemon.

4 Ev's add up to one stat point at Lvl 100, and each stat can have a maximum of 255 EV's, with an overall total of 510 EV's for all the stats.

So I want to catch a shiny Rayquaza in HeartGold. Do I have to initiate the battle to tell if it's shiny, or will the overworld sprite be shiny?

You must battle it, at least you have to in all other games, so I believe it's still so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom