• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say on the pokewalker, a pokemon took 4000 steps to appear. I catch that pokemon and immediatly send it to my SS. Then, right after, I send another pokemon on a stroll. Would I have to take another 4000 steps for it to appear again?

If I get rid of Surf, can the Pokémon be released or sent to My Pokémon Ranch with no problem?

Stupid thing won't leave me. :|
The move deleter won't make it forget Surf if it's your last Pokemon with the move. Just catch a Tentacool or something, teach that Surf, and then release whatever you're trying to release.
Lets say on the pokewalker, a pokemon took 4000 steps to appear. I catch that pokemon and immediatly send it to my SS. Then, right after, I send another pokemon on a stroll. Would I have to take another 4000 steps for it to appear again?

No. The step counter only starts over at midnight. Those 4000 steps will count for the rest of the day.

Hey Guys
Gotta Level 15 Nincada just wonderin when it comes to getin Shedinja is the prerequisite poke imperative or can it be any ball?
cheers in anticipation :)

Hey Guys
Gotta Level 15 Nincada just wonderin when it comes to getin Shedinja is the prerequisite poke imperative or can it be any ball?

I can't understand your question..

I think it is big words for, for Shedninja, does it have to an ordinary poke ball or any ball?

Hey Guys

Shedinja will always be in a normal Pokeball.

I hope this hasn't been asked, but are you able to get multiple of the same event Legendary by legitimate means? In other words, say I download Jirachi [assuming it comes to America], delete the Wondercard, and box or trade it away. Can I then download another one?

And if so, are there stipulations? Like, if I trade him away I can get a new one, but not if I just box him? Or maybe I can only do this with ones from a store, such as Toys R' Us, but not those I get over wifi... or vice versa?

Any information is very appreciated. I have some friends who can't make it to events, so before I offer to give away my Legendaries I want to know I can get one for myself too.

Oh, on a related note, can you trade if you have no wifi? Namely, if you're in the same room with someone, can you trade him something just from DS-to-DS? Or do you have to involve Nintendo's servers during the trade?

I hope this hasn't been asked, but are you able to get multiple of the same event Legendary by legitimate means? In other words, say I download Jirachi [assuming it comes to America], delete the Wondercard, and box or trade it away. Can I then download another one?

And if so, are there stipulations? Like, if I trade him away I can get a new one, but not if I just box him? Or maybe I can only do this with ones from a store, such as Toys R' Us, but not those I get over wifi... or vice versa?

Any information is very appreciated. I have some friends who can't make it to events, so before I offer to give away my Legendaries I want to know I can get one for myself too.
You would have to erase your save file (after trading out the event, of course) and get to a point where you could access Mystery Gift again (DPPt is Jubilife and HGSS is Cherrygrove I think). Wonder Cards will leave a flag behind to prevent you from getting the event on the same save twice.
Oh, on a related note, can you trade if you have no wifi? Namely, if you're in the same room with someone, can you trade him something just from DS-to-DS? Or do you have to involve Nintendo's servers during the trade?
Yes, you can trade on local wireless in the Union Room.

You would have to erase your save file (after trading out the event, of course) and get to a point where you could access Mystery Gift again (DPPt is Jubilife and HGSS is Cherrygrove I think). Wonder Cards will leave a flag behind to prevent you from getting the event on the same save twice.

Yes, you can trade on local wireless in the Union Room.

Thank you very much for both of those answers. Was hoping that wouldn't be the case, with the Mystery Gift, but I suppose I'll have to live with just the one :\ Maybe I'll take up cloning ^_~

Last question for now, why is it the forum seems unable to distinguish between pages 614, 615 and 616 on this thread? It simultaneously thinks your post is the most recent and that there are two more pages of posts. Methinks this thread has gotten too long :)

Weird question; if you have the hold item Metronome attached to your Pokémon using metronome, will the moves you use in metronome increase in power?

Weird question; if you have the hold item Metronome attached to your Pokémon using metronome, will the moves you use in metronome increase in power?

No. It wouldn't because the move Metronome itself has no power.

Question the second: Will Metal Powder/Quick Powder increase Dittos defenses/speed respectively even after they transform, or are they just their to buffer damage/get the initiative for transformation? Also, if you get a stat move up/down against Ditto [for example, a Gyrados intimidates Ditto], will transforming reset all changes?

EDIT: Also, what happens if you use a choice item on Ditto? Will it be able to choose an attack after it transforms, or will it be struggling due to transform no longer being available?

Question the second: Will Metal Powder/Quick Powder increase Dittos defenses/speed respectively even after they transform, or are they just their to buffer damage/get the initiative for transformation? Also, if you get a stat move up/down against Ditto [for example, a Gyrados intimidates Ditto], will transforming reset all changes?
no, the stat change will remain, cause your pokémon didn't leave the battle.

Metal/Quick Poweder will not increase Defense/Speed after transformation because the Pokémon is no longer treated as Ditto. I believe that transforming will not negate any stat decreases.

Also, what happens if you use a choice item on Ditto? Will it be able to choose an attack after it transforms, or will it be struggling due to transform no longer being available?
I assume that it would allow you to choose another attack. However, I'm not exactly sure.
EDIT: Yes it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom