• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
and this might be the most amateur question ever but I can't seem to find an item storage box in this game. Is there anywhere to store items?

Sorry to say but as of Platinum, every item goes in your new bottomless bag; there is no item storage on the computer anymore.

Nevermind, ninjas win again.

Sorry to say but as of Platinum, every item goes in your new bottomless bag; there is no item storage on the computer anymore.

Nevermind, ninjas win again.

Thanks that's what I assumed. I don't understand why they did that it's pretty frustrating to go through all of my crap to get to one thing

Sorry, probably asked before but how do you update you pokedex to 'see' pokemon eg: legendarys such as deoxys, shaymin, celebi etc and therefore be able to request trades for them?

Sorry, probably asked before but how do you update you pokedex to 'see' pokemon eg: legendarys such as deoxys, shaymin, celebi etc and therefore be able to request trades for them?

You have to actually see them in the game. You don't update your pokedex or anything. People on the GTS see them through illegal methods :3

Metal/Quick Poweder will not increase Defense/Speed after transformation because the Pokémon is no longer treated as Ditto. I believe that transforming will not negate any stat decreases.

Of course it negates the decrease in the Attack stat for the aforementioned example (Gyarados with a stat level stage of 0 in Attack intimidates a Ditto -it has now a stat level stage of -1-, then the Ditto transforms into Gyarados -its Attack returns to a stat level stage of 0 again-), because when a Pokémon uses Transform, it copies also the stat level stages of the target Pokémon.

You would have to erase your save file (after trading out the event, of course) and get to a point where you could access Mystery Gift again (DPPt is Jubilife and HGSS is Cherrygrove I think). Wonder Cards will leave a flag behind to prevent you from getting the event on the same save twice.

Moreover, in the case of local wireless Mystery Gift events you don't have to activate the Mystery Gift option first for your cart to be able to receive the Wonder Card signal: you only need to have gotten the Pokédex and nothing else.

For the record, the save file doesn't store Wonder Card flags (that would mean the name of the event is stored aside from a True/False statement, which isn't the case) but rather WC ID numbers to check if a Wonder Card has been previously downloaded to the game or not. This behavior makes impossible to get two different events if they share the same WC ID number, however.

Last edited:
i saw that nincada can learn dig so, i am now wondering if i would let it evolve when it knows dig will shedinja also know dig ? Will the wonder guard work when he's is underground? just wondering

i saw that nincada can learn dig so, i am now wondering if i would let it evolve when it knows dig will shedinja also know dig ? Will the wonder guard work when he's is underground? just wondering

Correct. Shedinja would know Dig. Wonder Guard still works. There's no reason why it shouldn't.

Hey im attempting Ev Training My Absol 1st Ev :D Is he a good physical sweeper? I think he would be but he has shitty defence

Hey im attempting Ev Training My Absol 1st Ev :D Is he a good physical sweeper? I think he would be but he has shitty defence

Smogon said:
Absol's amazing base 130 Attack stat coupled with Swords Dance and the strongest priority move in the game makes it a devastating sweeper against those who aren't prepared.

According to Smogon, if used correctly, Absol can be a great sweeper. Mainly it's a matter of opinion, though.

On the 'pedia, the page for Honchcrow says it evolves via Dusk Stone only in Diamond, not Pearl or Pt. The opposite goes for Mismagius, which it says can only evolve in Pearl and not D or Pt. Is this true? Or does it just say this because Murkrow is available only in D and Misdreavous only in P?
In other words, if I trade a Murkrow to Pearl and try to evolve it, will it evolve?

On the 'pedia, the page for Honchcrow says it evolves via Dusk Stone only in Diamond, not Pearl or Pt. The opposite goes for Mismagius, which it says can only evolve in Pearl and not D or Pt. Is this true? Or does it just say this because Murkrow is available only in D and Misdreavous only in P?
In other words, if I trade a Murkrow to Pearl and try to evolve it, will it evolve?
You can evolve in either version. I think it just means that the Pokémon it evolves from is exclusive to that version.

So for EV training, say i got a pokemon who i want to train it's attack stat. It has PKRS and is holding the Power Bracer. I defeat a pokemon that gives 1 effort point to Attack. How many points do i earn for my pokemon, 6, 9, or 10?

So for EV training, say i got a pokemon who i want to train it's attack stat. It has PKRS and is holding the Power Bracer. I defeat a pokemon that gives 1 effort point to Attack. How many points do i earn for my pokemon, 6, 9, or 10?
1 EV (for beating the Pokémon) plus 4 EVs (from the Power Bracer) times 2 (from Pokérus), which is 10.

What about consumable items in the Battle Frontier, like Focus Sash or berries. When they get used, do they go away forever? Or can I keep them?

Like, for example, I have an Absol with a focus sash in the battle frontier. He gets hit down to the sash, and it consequently gos away. Does it reappear next battle, or not?

What about consumable items in the Battle Frontier, like Focus Sash or berries. When they get used, do they go away forever? Or can I keep them?

Like, for example, I have an Absol with a focus sash in the battle frontier. He gets hit down to the sash, and it consequently gos away. Does it reappear next battle, or not?

It reappears only in the BF, outside it goes away.

Yes it does. This also applies to multiplayer battles.

General rule of thumb is, after battles where your Pokémon can't earn any experience, everything goes back to the way it was before the battle started.

OK, thanks. Now, how will happiness be affected in the Daycare?

I want an Espeon, so I threw my Eevee into the Daycare with a soothe bell, will this work?

Also, how much do the "in a pinch" berries raise stats?

Last edited:
OK, thanks. Now, how will happiness be affected in the Daycare?

I want an Espeon, so I threw my Eevee into the Daycare with a soothe bell, will this work?

Also, how much do the "in a pinch" berries raise stats?

u get espeon by raising ur eevee's happiness to max and then lvl it up outside the daycare. "in a pinch" means less than 33$ of ur pokemon's health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom