• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

My Pseudo-Simple Question:
I want to breed an Oddish that knows both Synthesis and Teeter Dance. I know I can chain breed the Oddish to know Teeter Dance through Cacnea (The Cacnea learning though Spinda), but I'm not sure about Synthesis.

Cancnea can learn Synthesis from a move tutor, but it's not listed as a possible father for Oddish to also learn Synthesis (who can learn it from several other Pokémon). So if he knows it, and is the father to an Oddish, will it be passed down?

Will a pokemon in training receive EVs through an EXP share item as oppose to battling pokemon directly?

Also, is there a way to calculate how many EVs your pokemon has?

No, you have to keep track of that while training.

This is not true. Using tools such as this and a few others circling round the interwebz, you can insert your Pokemon, it's level, nature and then its stats, which, by calculating its base stats and taking nature etc into account, will determine how many EV's have been used, etcetera.
Etcetera.

Hello!

My Pseudo-Simple Question:
I want to breed an Oddish that knows both Synthesis and Teeter Dance. I know I can chain breed the Oddish to know Teeter Dance through Cacnea (The Cacnea learning though Spinda), but I'm not sure about Synthesis.

Cancnea can learn Synthesis from a move tutor, but it's not listed as a possible father for Oddish to also learn Synthesis (who can learn it from several other Pokémon). So if he knows it, and is the father to an Oddish, will it be passed down?
Yes it will work.
This is not true. Using tools such as this and a few others circling round the interwebz, you can insert your Pokemon, it's level, nature and then its stats, which, by calculating its base stats and taking nature etc into account, will determine how many EV's have been used, etcetera.
Etcetera.

Still, whiteout the exact IV it not possible to determine the exact amount of EV the Pokemon has, unless ofc. the Pokemon have 0 IV and EV or max IV and EV in the same stat.

What would be the best nature for an electrode?

According to Smogon Hasty is best, it increase speed and decrease def, the reason for this is that most Electrodes will want to Explode, but for a secondary damaging move Thunder(bolt) is the best choice, so you don't want to decrease either attack stats and Electrode wont take a physical attack anyway (Earthquake destroys it no matter what you do) so keeping the Sp.Def stat as high as possible whiteout sacrificing anything is the best choice.

Tldr; Hasty.

According to Smogon Hasty is best, it increase speed and decrease def, the reason for this is that most Electrodes will want to Explode, but for a secondary damaging move Thunder(bolt) is the best choice, so you don't want to decrease either attack stats and Electrode wont take a physical attack anyway (Earthquake destroys it no matter what you do) so keeping the Sp.Def stat as high as possible whiteout sacrificing anything is the best choice.

Tldr; Hasty.

Which is why there are rather useful tools like Serebii's Individual Value Calculator. PsyPoke and MetalKids have one as well.

Last edited:
I got another question. Why can i not find my munchlax trees in diamond? I have put honey on every friggin tree in the game >:O

ty but is there a purpose to knowing your number if you dont have pokesav or AR?? I was just wondering cause i see alot of ppl talking about it.

The Secret ID is used for RNG manipulation to get Shinies.

That means that if you have an AR and/or PokeSav, you really don't even need to bother with the Secret ID, since you could just make Shinies using those. (Though, admittedly, RNG manipulation is usually considered to be a much more accepted practice.) I think your confusion is from the fact that it's possible to use ARs and PokeSav to determine your own Secret ID.

I have a simple question.

I'm doing a Nuzlocke challenge with my Sapphire, and my Lombre just died. When I went to release it, it would get really small and disappear like normal, then I would get a caption that said "... ... ... ..." and she would reappear, and it would say something like "Jannette came back! Was it worried about you?" This is not the exact quote, but it was along those lines.

I didn't know that this could happen. My question is, what are the criteria for a pokemon to refuse to be released?

I have a simple question.

I'm doing a Nuzlocke challenge with my Sapphire, and my Lombre just died. When I went to release it, it would get really small and disappear like normal, then I would get a caption that said "... ... ... ..." and she would reappear, and it would say something like "Jannette came back! Was it worried about you?" This is not the exact quote, but it was along those lines.

I didn't know that this could happen. My question is, what are the criteria for a pokemon to refuse to be released?

Does your Lombre know an HM? If you have one Pokemon that knows an HM it cannot be released. It's to prevent from trapping yourself.

Re: Online Gaming Questions (Battle Revolution)

2.- Anyone knows which parameters PBR has for considering a pokemon hacked? (I think it turns them into bad eggs), You know, cuz movesets sometimes change according to some events (Surfing Pikachu, Wish Blissey, Draco Meteor Jirachi, etc.) and are still illegal, but idk, wondertomb is supposed to turn into bad egg.

3.- How can I know if my online opponent has hacked pokemon aside from shinies (I have met at least two opponents with half their team of shinies, I assume they are hacked since non-legendary shinies are not that common IMO)

(Moved??? oh well... now I will never have answers...)

If you get their friend pass you'll be able to catch the obvious ones but it shows that its hack check isn't very good. I've seen pokemon revived from the museum that aren't fossils, pokemon caught in places they shouldn't be, blastoise in a master ball... but if you don't get a pass I guess there's no way to tell other than their moveset.

As for shiny being an indicator that they cheat: it's not. I have more than enough shinies to make several functional teams if I bothered to train more of them and I keep a shiny quagsire on the team I use in PBR, none of these shinies were hacked. On top of rng abuse (the easiest way to get shinies and not actually hacking because the code is not altered but some disagree about whether or not it's hacking) there is chaining, breeding foreign pokemon, soft reseting for not only legendaries but starters and other stationary pokemon. In fact, I think you've got it backwards. It's much rarer to see legit shiny legendaries because soft reseting is a pain and not everyone has the patience to rng.

How do you know when a pokemon's EV's are maxed out?

You pretty much just have to keep track of that. Also, you can go to a person in Sunnyshore in DPPT, or Blackthorne in HGSS and she'll give the first pokemon in your party an Effort Ribbon if it has all 510 EV's, she'll tell you your pokemon needs to work harder if it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom