• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in RBY, did the Special stat cover both SpA and SpD, or was it just SpA and the Defense stat covered Def and SpD?

Back in RBY, did the Special stat cover both SpA and SpD, or was it just SpA and the Defense stat covered Def and SpD?

Special covers both. In gen2 both Sp.Atk. and Sp.Def. is covered by the same IV stat, if not it would not be able to trade whit gen1.

How do you find out SID? Do you need Action Replay or something like that?

You can use an AR, but there are ways of doing it without hacking devices.

1) You need to download RNG report and either a) 1 random (non-bred, non-chained) shiny, or b) 3-8 chained shinies.
2) Find the IV's or your shinies. If you used the random shinies IV's put it's IV's, and nature, and your Trainer ID into the IV's to PID section of RNG report it will give you the pokemon's PID and your SID
3) If you used chained shinies, to go the Chain to SID box in RNG report and input the nature, gender, ability, and IV's of the pokemon 1 at a time until it gives you your SID, it will take somewhere between 3 and 8 shinies to narrow down your SID
4) There are prolly other programs that will do this, but I don't know them, and I know RNG Reporter's works. There is also a way listed on Smogon of finding your SID by hand with the aid of a random shiny pokemon, a PID calculator, and a calculator that can change between binary, hexidecimal, and decimal numbers... but it's far easier just to use RNG Report.

Berry questions.

1) Those berries that lower the effectiveness of certain types, exactly how much do they lower it by?

2) Micle Berry -- how much is the move's accuracy raised by?

3) Jaboca and Rowap berries -- how much recoil damage do they cause?

4)When an Enigma Berry is held, does the Pokemon still take damage from the supereffective move, or is it damaged and then HP is restored?

Berry questions.

1) Those berries that lower the effectiveness of certain types, exactly how much do they lower it by?

4)When an Enigma Berry is held, does the Pokemon still take damage from the supereffective move, or is it damaged and then HP is restored?

Berry questions.

Good questions, I have some answers:
1) 1/2 basically canceling the weakness, unless your 4x weak.
2)I don't know, I'd guess 1 stage or 33%
3)12.5% or 1/8th
4) absolutely no idea

Question: Do the abilities Hyper Cutter and Clear Body prevent the attack loss from burn?

Last edited:

They take damage first, then heal.

Good questions, I have some answers:
1) 1/2 basically canceling the weakness, unless your 4x weak.
2)I don't know, I'd guess 1 stage or 33%
3)12.5% or 1/8th
4) absolutely no idea

Question: Do the abilities Hyper Cutter and Clear Body prevent the attack loss from burn?

No, they still suffer from the attack being lowered by a burn.

I was thinking....Does a Pokemon with the ability Rock Head (which prevents recoil damage)still get recoil damage from struggle if they run out of PP?

I was thinking....Does a Pokemon with the ability Rock Head (which prevents recoil damage)still get recoil damage from struggle if they run out of PP?

To my knowledge, no, Rock Head cannot prevent recoil from held items and struggle.

I'm trying to catch a Diglett/Dugtrio in Platinum Version, with the ability Arena Trap, to allow me to better catch some Roaming Pokemon. I've been searching on Route 228 for a while but can only find Dugtrio with the ability Sand Veil. Do any Dugtrio with Arena Trap exist in this location, and are they available to catch in Platinum at all?

Do any Dugtrio with Arena Trap exist in this location, and are they available to catch in Platinum at all?

There has never been a species of Pokemon that only has one ability in a certain location. You just have crappy luck.

Mystery Dungeon questions:

1) How are stats determined in a purely leveled Pokemon (no vitamins or gummis)?
2) Is there a limit to the number of gummis and vitamins/stat points a Pokemon may consume/have?
3) Does evolution affect stat points of a Pokemon at all?
4) Can wild Pokemon be buffed up having used vitamins before recruiting them?

or...
5) Why is the 45 golbat lower (in all stats) than my crobat of the same level, when both were recruited in the same place and have not been touched since their recruiting?

If there is a known formula for determining the stats or a list of base stats per Pokemon, it would be helpful to have them (the latter would probably be in the form of a hyperlink, it would be long).

---
A little more information can be found on the now-closed thread on the "Old Games" forum, closed because it didn't fit the topic of gen I-III (although MD threads exist there). I was advised to post here although I would argue that this is not a simple question as MD is grossly underrepresented and the technical data is inaccessible to most. However, my searching may be inferior to others' and the answer may be common knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom