• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me get to the Sky Pillar in Ruby? I tried using the map on Bulbapedia of Route 131 but it's inaccurate (there are rocks where I should be able to Surf, and vice versa). Also, where the Pillar is, there's just a huge Dive spot.

Can someone help me get to the Sky Pillar in Ruby? I tried using the map on Bulbapedia of Route 131 but it's inaccurate (there are rocks where I should be able to Surf, and vice versa). Also, where the Pillar is, there's just a huge Dive spot.

You have to beat the Pokemon League first before you access the Sky Pillar.

itaria pikachu (italian airline event)- ot itaria-20034

That is all i came up with on Google. If someone knows more about this EVENT please let me know.

Is there any way to find your SID without randomly finding a shiny, or chaining 4-8 shinies? I want to start RNG'ing but I can't because I haven't found a shiny on my game yet.

Which pokemon will have higher stats? Both are the same species.
Pokemon A with 0 IVs and a corresponding nature or pokemon B with 31 IVs and a neutral nature
Also, Pokemon A or Pokemon C with 31 IVs and a bad nature?

That's weird, Bulbapedia says you can access it before that.
I had to get this from the cache so the formating is a bit off, but...
eos1z.png

In Heartgold, I got 2 choice scarves and 2 focus sashes through mother's savings. However, after that, I haven't received anything except for type-weakening berries. Is there something like you can't get non-berry items after you beat the elite four or something?

In Heartgold, I got 2 choice scarves and 2 focus sashes through mother's savings. However, after that, I haven't received anything except for type-weakening berries. Is there something like you can't get non-berry items after you beat the elite four or something?

No, it has nothing to do whit that, after you have gotten all the stuff from your mom she will begin to only give you berries.

No, it has nothing to do whit that, after you have gotten all the stuff from your mom she will begin to only give you berries.

Dang, and I thought I could skimp on BP, too.

I'm trying to make a Timid Roserade with Extrasensory and Max IV's in Special Attack and Speed. Normally, I wouldn't mind about IV's if the nature was ok, but seeing that I have the resources to accomplish this, I thought that it would be good to try. Anyways, I wanted to know what the quickest way is of breeding such a Roserade. The resources that I have are:

Timid Ditto
Jolly Roselia, female, max Spd
Timid Budew, female, max SpA
Jolly Budew, male, max SpA & Spd, knows Extrasensory
Jolly Budew, female, max Spd
Timid Nuzleaf, male, max SpA
Timid Nuzleaf, male, max Spd

I have the required breeding items to do this (Rose Incense, Power Ankle/Lens, Everstone), but I don't know exactly how to. What makes this problematic is that Budew learns Extrasensory as an egg move, but not Roselia.

whats the best place to level up my ampharos for Clair the dragon gym leader

Considering Ampharos is only good against Gyarados, I'd recommend something else.

But you can use Route 47 and 48.

Egg move question:
How do I get Grimer to learn egg moves Explosion, Shadow Sneak and Curse at the same time? When you breed it with Dusclops you can get Shadow Sneak and Curse, while breeding with Koffing you can get Explosion, but how do you get three moves at the same time?

Thanks

Egg move question:
How do I get Grimer to learn egg moves Explosion, Shadow Sneak and Curse at the same time? When you breed it with Dusclops you can get Shadow Sneak and Curse, while breeding with Koffing you can get Explosion, but how do you get three moves at the same time?

Thanks

There's no way to breed all three of those moves onto a Grimer unless you already have a male Grimer or Muk with those moves. You'll have to teach it Explosion through TM64 (I think).

Two questions.
Is it possible to breed sucker punch and Endeavor onto a Kangaskhan?
Which matters more, IV or nature?

There's no way to breed all three of those moves onto a Grimer unless you already have a male Grimer or Muk with those moves. You'll have to teach it Explosion through TM64 (I think).

Well, that's a shame
Thanks a lot RyeKew^^

Two questions.

You can breed Endeavor but not Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch is just a move tutor move.

Usually, IVs matter more than nature.
Bulbasaur, Bashful, Lv.100 - HP: 200 (0/0) | Atk: 103 (0/0) | Def: 103 (0/0) | Sp.Atk: 135 (0/0) | Sp.Def: 135 (0/0) | Spd: 95 (0/0) | Hidden Power: , FIGHTING | Format: stat (IV/EP)
Bulbasaur, Bashful, Lv.100 - HP: 231 (31/0) | Atk: 134 (31/0) | Def: 134 (31/0) | Sp.Atk: 166 (31/0) | Sp.Def: 166 (31/0) | Spd: 126 (31/0) | Hidden Power: , FIGHTING | Format: stat (IV/EP)
Bulbasaur, Adamant, Lv.100 - HP: 200 (0/0) | Atk: 113 (0/0) | Def: 103 (0/0) | Sp.Atk: 121 (0/0) | Sp.Def: 135 (0/0) | Spd: 95 (0/0) | Hidden Power: , FIGHTING | Format: stat (IV/EP)
Bulbasaur, Adamant, Lv.100 - HP: 231 (31/0) | Atk: 147 (31/0) | Def: 134 (31/0) | Sp.Atk: 149 (31/0) | Sp.Def: 166 (31/0) | Spd: 126 (31/0) | Hidden Power: , FIGHTING | Format: stat (IV/EP)
As you can see in the above example, a Pokémon with a neutral nature an 31 IV will usually have a higher stat than a positive nature with a 0 IV.

Two questions.
Kangaskhan learns Sucker Punch through level up, so there's no problem to get the moves, but no you can't breed the moves on it, becase it's a female only spices. However you can get a Kangskhan whit both moves. Simply get a Kanga, level it up to level 46 and use the Move Tutor in Pt/HG/SS to learn it Endeavor. Or breed a Kanga whit Endeavor, if you think that is better, Rampardos learns Endeavor at level 30.

Nature matter 10% of the stat total, IV matter 32 points of the given stat, 0 IV is 0 points, 31 is 31 points.

Here is the formula:
Stat = (((2 * BaseStat + IV + (EV / 4)) * Level / 100 + 5) * Nature)

So if you have a Mew at level 100 whit +Sp.A nature, max Sp.A EV and 0 Sp.A IV it will be like this:
((2*100+0+63)*100/100+5*)1,1 =
2*100=200
200+0+63=263
263*100/100+5=263+5=268
268*1,1=294,8, which the game reads as 294.

If you have another Mew at level 0 whit a neutral nature, max Sp.A EV and max Sp.A IV it will be like this:
((2*100+31+63)*100/100+5)1=
2*100=200
200+31+63=294
294*100/100+5=294+5=299
299*1=299.

That's a difference of 5 points, not very much really.
Even further, IV is more important if the Pokemon have very low basestat of that stat, say Shuckle have 5 Speed BS, even whit max EV and a positive nature you will get 85,8 speed stat, but whit max IV and EV and a neutral nature you will get 105 speed.

At the same, if the Pokemon have a very high stat, nature are more important, Ninjask have a Speed BS of 160, whit max IV and EV and a neutral nature you get 419 speed, but whit a positive nature, 0 IV and max EV you get 426,8 speed.

It all depends, but overall I will say that nature are more important.

@RyeKew, Bulbasaur have low BS, that is way IV matter most for Bulba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom