• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can twin needle still give the chance to poison a steel type or has that been removed since Gen II?

Just wondering if anyone thouhgt this was a good moveset for a sceptile, I was thinking of breeding one to get this moveset and wanted opinions:

Leaf Blade, Grass whistle, Focus Punch, Earthquake. I thought Grasswhistle and Focus Punch, need a speedy sceptile for this to work.

One last thing, I was EV training my snorlax with graveler, would EV training my snorlax with mostly graveler and one or two geodude before it levels up, mess up the EV training? Just wanted to ask becuas geodude and graveler are in the same evolution line. ALso, what does EV training with graveler do to EVs?

Does mold breaker stop regigigas's slow start or are its stats still halved ?

Graveler gives out 2 Defense EVs, while Geodude will give out 1 Defense EV. It shouldn't mess it the EV training up unless you don't want your Snorlax to have any Defense EVs.

Thanks, that's what I thought, I wanted defence Evs for my snorlax as its defence is a little lower than other stats.

I know this is probably not true, but if your pokemon is poisoned or burned, and its defence and sp defence stats get cut in a battle, does the burn or poison do more damage or is it just the same no matter what happens to the defences of your pokemon?

It loses 1/8 of it's maximum hit-points, so it won't be affected by its defense. It depends on the total hit points of that pokemon.

I was gambling the other day, trying to get a TM 64. I know I don't want to get replays when the moon is red, and I should get replays when the moon gets white. But does getting a lot of replays affect Clefairy, no matter what color the moon is. And is there a difference between the Clefairys (there's some difference in appearance). And why does Pikachus appear on the screen sometimes when a bonus round is over?

How come on the Platinum GTS, it doesn't show the level of the pokemon someone wants like it did in DP? For example, I was looking for Garchomps and someone offered one for an Eevee, but I couldn't trade my Eevee for it and when I went to check it on Pearl, it showed that the person wanted a high leveled Eevee. Is it normal for Platinum's GTS not to show the levels?

Does getting a lot of replays affect Clefairy, no matter what color the moon is. And is there a difference between the Clefairys (there's some difference in appearance).
What I think is that the faster you match the directions, the less tired Clefairy gets for holding its arms up.(just a personal thing, once you get the first 2, you know the last) And there are 3 kinds of Clefairy: Ditto, Normal, Shiny. These effect the number of rounds you can get to, less to more rounds, respectfully.

Forgive me if this has been covered again and again, but can anyone clarify which pokemon aren't available in Diamond/Pearl when one has access to say, Fire Red and Ruby....

So far I've noticed Shuckle is only available while using Emerald or something.... and Mew doesn't seem to be available anywhere....

Basically, I just wanna know which games I need to complete my Pokedex in Diamond/Pearl (as you can probably tell, I haven't bought a copy of Diamond/Pearl yet, so I don't know much about the global trading station and what not)

Forgive me if this has been covered again and again, but can anyone clarify which pokemon aren't available in Diamond/Pearl when one has access to say, Fire Red and Ruby....

So far I've noticed Shuckle is only available while using Emerald or something.... and Mew doesn't seem to be available anywhere....

Basically, I just wanna know which games I need to complete my Pokedex in Diamond/Pearl (as you can probably tell, I haven't bought a copy of Diamond/Pearl yet, so I don't know much about the global trading station and what not)

If you mean national dex then...

Both D/P games as each have pokemon other does not, if you have platinum, it helps, but it does not have some pokemon that diamond does, stunky/skuntank and murkrow/honchkrow being two of them. Emerald for a lot, FR/LG if you can, can get you lugia/ho-oh, mewtwo and deoxys, mewtwo being catchable in game as one roaming dog per game and 3 legendary birds. Rest need a ticket to go to islands in sevii to catch lugia and ho-oh.

Get a Johto starter for completing Hoenn dex and celebi is only hard one to obtain without GTS, as might be Jarichi and Mew and others in FR/LG if you can't get to other islands in Sevii, one being birth island.

I remember hearing somewhere that going underground in Diamond when you're connected with someone underground in Pearl, it'll make the rarer items in Diamond like moonstones more likely to appear. Is this true or am I misremembering?

In DP, to get the best trainer card, is it 5 stars? I have 2 (League, Dex) and can think of 2 more (Contests, 100 Tower) - so what's the fifth one for?

To get all 5 stars you need this, I have 4 except flags:

Beat all contests at master rank
100 Wins in Battle Tower
National Dex completed
Beat Sinnoh League
Capture 50 flags in Underground (Unless you have another game and DS to use it with or know someone who has a D/P game, this won't be easy)

Completeing the National Dex requires catching them all. Except for Mew, Lugia*, Ho-Oh*, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

*(Not too sure about Lugia and Ho-Oh.)

Completeing the National Dex requires catching them all. Except for Mew, Lugia*, Ho-Oh*, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

*(Not too sure about Lugia and Ho-Oh.)

Think is still applies if you don't have Lugia and Ho-oh, you still complete national dex.

OK, this might sound stupid

I was in the Great Marsh, and talked to a man. He said that bait made pokemon more likely to flee. This didn't make sense. Is this an error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom