• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the notes on a Pokemon mean anything?: ie "Highly Persistant", "Alert to Sounds" ect.?

Just wondering as I know Natures of Pokemon have an effect. Plus my Swampert whom I got as an egg has "Egg apparently hatched" instead of simply "Egg Hatched" as I have in the notes for my Lucario

Those notes tell which of it's IVs are highest. If my handbook is correct, "Highly Persistant" means Defense IV is it's highest, and "Alert to sounds" means it's Speed IV is high. I'm pretty sure the bulbapedia page on IVs has a complete list.

Those notes tell which of it's IVs are highest. If my handbook is correct, "Highly Persistant" means Defense IV is it's highest, and "Alert to sounds" means it's Speed IV is high. I'm pretty sure the bulbapedia page on IVs has a complete list.

In addition, it gives you an idea of what the second digit of that IV is.

What is the best route to train special oriented pokemon in Platinum? So far I've been using routh 212 north because of the abundance of Speed (Staravia, Pikachu) and SpAtk (Roselia, Kirlia) IVs there, but the levels are rather low. Is there another route where at least some wild pokemon will give Speed and SpAtk IVs but none will give Atk IVs? I don't care if there are or aren't defensive IVs.

Why do Detect AND Protect coexist? So far the only difference I can find (other than type) is that they have different PP amounts. Are there other differences I'm not aware of?

What is the best route to train special oriented pokemon in Platinum? So far I've been using routh 212 north because of the abundance of Speed (Staravia, Pikachu) and SpAtk (Roselia, Kirlia) IVs there, but the levels are rather low. Is there another route where at least some wild pokemon will give Speed and SpAtk IVs but none will give Atk IVs? I don't care if there are or aren't defensive IVs.

Lower-leveled pokemon I find are better to train since you have to KO more before a level up, giving more EVs (correct me if I'm wrong), but I train speed/special in the Trophy garden, which mostly has Pikachu (2 Speed), Pichu (1 Speed), Staravia (2 Speed), and Roselia (2 Sp. Atk), and the only interference is the occasional daily Pokemon, if you've beaten the Elite Four.

my Plat team is:
Monferno
Torterra
Prinplup
staraptor
eevee

would Mamoswine be a good 6th pokemon?

if eevee doesnt evolve before lvl40 (its 35 ) would houndoom be a good dark pokemon instead of umbreon?

my Plat team is:
Monferno
Torterra
Prinplup
staraptor
eevee

would Mamoswine be a good 6th pokemon?

if eevee doesnt evolve before lvl40 (its 35 ) would houndoom be a good dark pokemon instead of umbreon?

Well, Mamoswine is okay, low speed but good defenses, and having an Ice-type in the team (or at least someone who can handle Ice-type moves decently) is good for all those Garchomp lovers, as well as any other Dragon users. I'd go for it. Glalie is also a good alternative.

As for Houndoom, I haven't really tried training this guy seriously (yet), but I would prefer it over Umbreon, especially if you're after an offensive Dark-type, as Umbreon is more defensive in its stats and moveset. My alternative for you here would be Drapion.

Why do Detect AND Protect coexist? So far the only difference I can find (other than type) is that they have different PP amounts. Are there other differences I'm not aware of?
One is Fighting Type, the other is Normal. I am betting that one of them is supposed to symbolize say, Hitmonlee, detecting the Foes Moves and dodging it, while protect is the pokemon physically protecting itself.

Well, Mamoswine is okay, low speed but good defenses, and having an Ice-type in the team (or at least someone who can handle Ice-type moves decently) is good for all those Garchomp lovers, as well as any other Dragon users. I'd go for it. Glalie is also a good alternative.

As for Houndoom, I haven't really tried training this guy seriously (yet), but I would prefer it over Umbreon, especially if you're after an offensive Dark-type, as Umbreon is more defensive in its stats and moveset. My alternative for you here would be Drapion.

I would suggest Ice Shard as one of it's indefinite moves :)

Thanks Guys,
Mamoswine it is, i'll stick with Umbreon for now.

Another Q, in Pt,where is the place to trade shards for Stones?

I wouldn't go with Umbreon, the main reason is IT'S GOT THE WORST MOVEPOOL I'VE EVER SEEN!!! I'm training a Houndoom and it's fantastic!!! ^^
Can you trade shards for stones in Pt?

Hey.. I have noticed lately that many social groups have been created and then locked.. even by moderators.. is this just a virus? does anyone else notice these.. and if this is not a virus why are they being locked?

Hey.. I have noticed lately that many social groups have been created and then locked.. even by moderators.. is this just a virus? does anyone else notice these.. and if this is not a virus why are they being locked?

They're locked by default, because they're not the actual social groups. You're not supposed to reply in the threads saying "X group was made!" because it's not the actual social group.

I know this the wrong forum for my post but no one would answer from the other threads , seeing as others appeared non communicative.

In leaf green is there a way to sr for entei.

Its based on what starter you choose, you get a different dog for each starter, depending on which you choose the one dog only will appear:

bulbasaur = entei
charmander = suicune
squirtle = raikou

if you choose bulbasaur as starter, you'll get entei, its the same on fire red too.

I remember someone said that saving after something then going to a certain rt or whatever would make the dog show up or w/e.
apparently it works but dont recall what to do?

In FRLG there's a glitch for the legendary beasts to always be doomed forever to have terrible IVs (I believe the glitch is something like.. no IV over 10 or something).. just sayin' if you care about IVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom