• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. 88 is 10% higher then 80.

Oh, I came at it in a different direction... Now I feel stupid! XP

This is what I was thinking: i.e. Toxic has 85% accuracy, so 10% accuracy addition raises it to 95% accuracy.... Would you believe I was in Honors Algebra 2 last year? I seriously feel really stupid... XP

I assume Dark Void's accuracy is 80% (bulbapedia is playing up).
If it is, Dark Void's accuracy would be 88% with a Wide Lens.

Just making sure... Because I feel like it became a 100% Accuracy... Thanks any way...

Oh, I came at it in a different direction... Now I feel stupid! XP

This is what I was thinking: i.e. Toxic has 85% accuracy, so 10% accuracy addition raises it to 95% accuracy.... Would you believe I was in Honors Algebra 2 last year? I seriously feel really stupid... XP

No worries, anyone could have made the mistake.

Now my math question. If I have an Ambipom with Technician holding a life orb, what will Fake Out's power be?

^ it will be ^

40 base
x 1.3 life orb
x 1.5 technician
x 1.5 STAB
if im correct, 92 base power

I got 117?

Doing it in my head in 2 seconds. Whatever. I must be tired.

You both are correct in a way. It depends on how the game does the math. I'll show you:

40+(40*.5)+(40*.5)+(40*.3)=
40+20+20+12=92

If it calculates it this way then multiplier is only multiplying the attack itself, and doesn't multiply the other multipliers as well, then adding the results of the multipliers on the base attack together...

However. multiplication is communinitive so it could be calculated like this...
40*1.5*1.5*1.3=
60*1.5*1.3=
90*1.3=117

The latter is how I always assumed the game calculated things. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

^ Yeah, that's how I thought the game worked as well. In fact, that's how Bulbapedia and Serebii does it too.

Anyways, here's a question (yes I'm an EV noob). There's this modest Lucario here, but he's got max IVs in attack. Should I train his Sp.atk or atk? What about speed and defensive stats?

Thing is, I've already got a physical sweeper (garchomp), a special (espeon), another special (zapdos), and now I'm working on lucario.

Never thought pokémon was this complicated...

I'm hardly an expert in EV training, but I think a modest Lucario with Max ATK IVs could make for a pretty decent mixed sweeper with a move like Extremespeed or Earthquake amidst all of his special attacks. Just give it a few EVs in attack so it does a little extra damage (he'll need those to compensate for the attack drop of Modest.) And if he's a sweeper, speed is almost always something you should use

Thanks, I'll consider that.

Also, should I split atk and sp atk EVs? If so, how much?

^ Yeah, that's how I thought the game worked as well. In fact, that's how Bulbapedia and Serebii does it too.

Anyways, here's a question (yes I'm an EV noob). There's this modest Lucario here, but he's got max IVs in attack. Should I train his Sp.atk or atk? What about speed and defensive stats?

Thing is, I've already got a physical sweeper (garchomp), a special (espeon), another special (zapdos), and now I'm working on lucario.

Never thought pokémon was this complicated...

Wow, I just bred this female Modest Lucario with the same case. She inherited IVs in special attack from the mother and IVs in attack from the father. It is crazy because according to the IV calculator the attack stat is not even being afflicted by Modest. The personality description is "Likes to run" which makes it even weirder. I guess it inherited the speed from the mother because I think my female Lucario does have a good number of IVs on Speed. Her defenses worry me though.

You both are correct in a way. It depends on how the game does the math. I'll show you:

40+(40*.5)+(40*.5)+(40*.3)=
40+20+20+12=92

If it calculates it this way then multiplier is only multiplying the attack itself, and doesn't multiply the other multipliers as well, then adding the results of the multipliers on the base attack together...

However. multiplication is communinitive so it could be calculated like this...
40*1.5*1.5*1.3=
60*1.5*1.3=
90*1.3=117

The latter is how I always assumed the game calculated things. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not positive or anything, but after testing it, judging by how much damage it does I'd say it's probably the first one.

Whenver I try to choose a pokémon to trade on the GTS from my box, the game won't let me. The colours are dark and I can't pick it, even though it's clearly that pokémon, is there a reason for this?

Whenver I try to choose a pokémon to trade on the GTS from my box, the game won't let me. The colours are dark and I can't pick it, even though it's clearly that pokémon, is there a reason for this?

Do you have platimun or diamond/pearl?

People can request pokemon of a certain gender, holding a certain item, and of a certain level. If your pokemon does not meet one of these requirements, then you cannot trade it.

Example:
Someone offers a shiny charizard holding a focus sash and asks for a level 90 or higher male Magikarp. If you have a level 89 male Magikarp, then it will stay black and you can't trade it.

I don't think it allows you to see the level requirements, which is kind of weak sauce.

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, what are the G Machines used for?

Does Soul Dew have any effect in the Battle Frontier/Tower?

Could somebody with Platinum please upload a video to YouTube for me?
The vid's code is: 54-24022-38959

(I think what I'm asking is possible.. I'm not really sure though..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom