• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Swift be a good move to teach Houndoom? It's not for competetive battling, but mainly for collection purposes and possibly the occasional frotier challange. If not, what other move might be useful? So far i've got Thunder fang, Flamethrower, and Crunch.

Would Swift be a good move to teach Houndoom? It's not for competetive battling, but mainly for collection purposes and possibly the occasional frotier challange. If not, what other move might be useful? So far i've got Thunder fang, Flamethrower, and Crunch.

Pokemon you use for Frontier challenges should be trained as good as Pokemon for competitive battling.

But anyway, if it's for a Frontier challenge, I'd drop Crunch for Dark Pulse, since that's special and better on Houndoom. Thunder Fang is also physical, so that should be dropped too. And I wouldn't go with Swift.
But if it's only for in-game purposes, go ahead, you can teach it anything you want.

By "train for battle frontier", I'm really talking about raising around 50-55 simply for training's sake. If I had to take on a facility, abmitedly, I'd probably use something else. Also I wish Dark pulse-along with many other TMs-were more easily available, so that'd be under real cosideration if I want to use it or not. Thanks for helping anyways.

You're welcome.

If you don't want to waste your Dark Pulse TM on an in-game Pokemon, you'd better stick with Crunch anyway, it's not that bad.

That chart means how much BP you will get off the man in green near the records board.
Talk to him when you accumulate that many wins and you will gain so much BP.

The wins are total, not a streak.

Oh that makes sense. I got 9 on the 50th streak, but I guess that's the 5 + 3 + 1 that I missed to collect.

That chart means how much BP you will get off the man in green near the records board.
Talk to him when you accumulate that many wins and you will gain so much BP.

The wins are total, not a streak.

Does it reset, when you obtain the BP?

Are they one hit wonders, and you lose the ability to get that much once you get them?

Or does it work when you win a 10-win streak, and you can obtain the "total amount" afterwards? So like if you do get 2000+ you can get 51 BP each time you beat a 10 win streak.

The counter doesn't reset when you collect your BP.
The man will tell you your total wins is xx number and you need xx number to gain BP again.

After 2000, I'm not sure how it works. I've never got that high.

1. Where do you get a Shiny Stone?(Other than Iron Island)

2. Can you still have a good team if the IVs aren't at the max?

1. A Pokemon level 41-100 can pick up Shiny Stones if it has the ability Pickup. The higher the level, the more chance you have of picking one up.

2. Yes, you can still have a good team, but of course, having higher IVs is always better.

If i used Pursuit and the other player used protect, Pursuit will go first correct? or does it only go first on a switching out foe?

Protect always goes first. Pursuit doesn't have any speed priority, it just has the benefit of being able to hit pokemon that are switching out.

Thanks, If you could give your opion in my Rate my team would be help full the thread is called "Steel but which one?" thanks again :)

With Shuckle's Rare Candy making, is the time measured by steps (such as eggs) or actual time (such as berries)?

I hope this is the right Simple Questions place to put this...

I have a copy of Diamond, and a copy of Platinum. I've had success before trading between the two games by using my own DS and borrowing my friend's. However, when I recently used my mom's DS to attempt to trade, I got a message saying that the WiFi had to be reconfigured in order for the trade to work, and if that happened, I would lose all my friend codes. My Diamond version was in her DS, and I got the same message when I switched the cartridges. What happened?

I hope this is the right Simple Questions place to put this...

I have a copy of Diamond, and a copy of Platinum. I've had success before trading between the two games by using my own DS and borrowing my friend's. However, when I recently used my mom's DS to attempt to trade, I got a message saying that the WiFi had to be reconfigured in order for the trade to work, and if that happened, I would lose all my friend codes. My Diamond version was in her DS, and I got the same message when I switched the cartridges. What happened?

That's because when you create a friend code for wi-fi, you must use the same cartridge with the same DS. Otherwise you have to change your friend code.

However, I'm assuming that you are doing this on your own with the two DS systems physically in front of you? To get around that, go upstairs (rather than downstairs) in the Pokecenter. and go to the union room. You can trade that way wirelessly without friend codes. That's what I do for my constant trading between Diamond and Platinum, via my sister's DS (because I want to keep my Platinum friend code synched with my DS).

Btw, nice to talk to you again, Edo-Kun. Hope that helps!

When a egg hatches, if the Pokémon is shiny will I see it in the hatching animation? I just don't want to miss a shiny if I'm soft-reseting to get something specific on a Pokémon. (on the off-chance I do get one)

1. A Pokemon level 41-100 can pick up Shiny Stones if it has the ability Pickup. The higher the level, the more chance you have of picking one up.

You can also find one easier by going to that Desert Route between the Resort Area and the Survival Area. You'll need your bicycle. =/

That's because when you create a friend code for wi-fi, you must use the same cartridge with the same DS. Otherwise you have to change your friend code.

However, I'm assuming that you are doing this on your own with the two DS systems physically in front of you? To get around that, go upstairs (rather than downstairs) in the Pokecenter. and go to the union room. You can trade that way wirelessly without friend codes. That's what I do for my constant trading between Diamond and Platinum, via my sister's DS (because I want to keep my Platinum friend code synched with my DS).

Btw, nice to talk to you again, Edo-Kun. Hope that helps!

Yeah, when you use your pokemon game in a different DS, the friend code gets changed. I noticed this when I was attempting to battle someone and used my Pearl game that I used in My DS Lite before and thought the FC would stay the same, but when I put it in my DSi and used it and go no request to battle, I checked the FC and it was changed. It only stays the same if you use it in the same DS over and over, change DS, the friend code changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom