• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Since we know that the levels scale in the DLC, how does this affect your team plans?

It’s a step in the right direction as was stated, but I think they could push it even further. At this point, my Pokémon were all close to level 100 while it seemed like the opponent’s capped out at the low 70s. I would like to see them go even higher.

Plus, I think it’s about time NPCs started using held items other than the occasional Berry or Potion.

^ well that's disappointing

i had somewhat high hopes that maybe game freak would finally make lv 70+ pokemon to make things more challenging, but alas. maybe in future games :c i really wanted to face high lv pokemon, too...

I was going to use a new file to start with a fresh team at a lower level.....but in the end I just used the team I beat the base game with.

Sure I'm over leveled and just stomping the enemy but I don't get the impression that the progression in this dlc would really allow me to build a satisfying team. (it would basically just be either "start a new file, catch Pokemon and then not fully evolve them before the dlc story is over" or "use my existing file, catch some level 60 Pokemon and have them level up a little but not really get attached to them".

It kinda seems to me like this dlc is best suited as a brief stopping off point during the main adventure, to pick up some different Pokemon and then continue with the main story.

It also means I can explore the sea straight away since in the new file I didn't have the bike yet. Also I can add Pokemon to my existing pokedex instead of doing it with a new file and then just having to do it again for my main file later.
Yeah they kind of screwed it up. In future play through this dlc would be better suited around the 5th gym badge. Heres hoping the crown tundra is solely post game since it involves legendary Pokemon

I'm still debating on my team for The Crown Tundra. I ended up just evolving the Scorbunny I was going to bring to the Isle of Armor and got her to level 60 by the time the DLC arrived. I'll probably a team of Level 60s to the Crown Tundra. Rillaboom likely being one of them so my 3 teams can have the three starters. I might also bring an Eeveelution along since I haven't used an Eevee this gen yet). I haven't used an Espeon in a LONG time, and I've never actually used a Flareon, so one or the other. If I don't bring the Flareon and I decide I end up wanting the fire type I'll switch out one of the ones listed below for a Torracat.

As for the confirmed Pokemon for the DLC, I'm thinking of catching and using:

Absol
Walrein
Garchomp
Galarian Zapdos

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom