• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Singing Pikachu distribution announced: "Can You Name All the Pokémon" promotion ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Singing Pikachu distribution announced: "Can You Name All the Pokémon" promotion

Because I want an event Pikachu that's a complete sweeper that can beat anything in its path, making it OU worthy.
You said this Pikachu wouldn't be good for "serious" battling, I battle online. This Pikachu would be useful. I really think you should try online battling, to get a feel for what it's actually like. Because this Pikachu would be great.

Re: Singing Pikachu distribution announced: "Can You Name All the Pokémon" promotion

No, it doesn't.

Oh, that's only on Raichu, so I got nothing. I guess Pikachu will forever be a pathetic Pokemon who doesn't deserve the mascot title.

Oh, that's only on Raichu, so I got nothing. I guess Pikachu will forever be a pathetic Pokemon who doesn't deserve the mascot title.

It's the mascot because it's cute, strong, and well known and sales a lot of merchandise. People know it and people like it especially the ones that watch the show. It's staying that way like it or not. I seriously don't understand the point of you arguing this and talking about Pikachu if you don't even like using Pikachu.

Last edited:

@Ghetsis-Dennis Pretty much. It'll forever rely on Encore (and LightningRod now).

Still, I was interesting in making this very situational but effective set.

Aim for the... ear?
Modest / Light Ball / LightningRod
- Agility
- Thunderbolt / Electro Ball
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power (Fire / Ice)
6 Defense / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed

Come in on a Choiced or Encored Electric attack and get the Sp. Attack boost, then use Agility on the switch. With that, Pikachu's Speed hits 558 and its Sp. Attack hits 654! The moves are selected for the best coverage.

Last edited:

My thoughts are similiar to gotpika's. Pikachu might be in the lower tiers, but kids who love the anime and anything Pikachu don't always act all competitive like us and go, 'OH MY GOSH, HE'S LOW TIER, HOW PATHETIC HE SHOULDN'T BE THE MASCOT!' So therefore, he will be the mascot.

Eh, I'm not so sure about this event. Yeah, it's a Pikachu, and a gimmick Pikachu on top of that, but I don't know why all the hype about it. Sing? Teeter Dance? I suppose that could be helpful in keeping it alive, but it's a Pikachu.

I dunno, it's a cool idea, but I don't think it'll be anything of note for a while. I mean, it's doesn't induce an "OMG PIKAPIKAPIKAPIKACHUITSGOTANEWMOVEITCANHAVEIWANT!!!" like a Surfing/Flying one would. Or is it the ability that draws people to it?

So, would it be fun to have Arceus as the mascot? An ugly god-thing Pokemon a majority of the casual player will never even hear off.

@Flareth: Pretty much. Considering the ability is much better than Static, and can be bred onwards, we could see some improvements in Pikachu in general.

I just hope that someone happens to get to the event and will start breeding the ability to everybody through GTS.

I find it funny how Ghetsis wanted a more competitive Pikachu. This is the most competitive one can currently really get (Especially if we go breeding it further), which makes it "more competitive". Doesn't have to mean it's actually good or anything.

Because I want an event Pikachu that's a complete sweeper that can beat anything in its path, making it OU worthy.

The problem is that Pikachu doesn't have the proper stat distribution and typing to be used in competitive play. A slightly powerful, electric-type Pokemon with poor overall stats will get you nowhere in OU as well as pretty much any other tier.

@Flareth: Pretty much. Considering the ability is much better than Static, and can be bred onwards, we could see some improvements in Pikachu in general.

Ah, OK.......

"OMG PIKAPIKAPIKAPIKACHUITSGOTANAWESOMEABILITYITCANHAVEIWANT!!!"

It has been said. I now ant this Pikachu. If only because I'll get a Light Ball, breed the thing, and make me another Raichu.

Catch a Mewtwo.

Name it Pikachu.

Now you have a Pikachu that sweeps everything.
@Ghetsis-Dennis Pretty much. It'll forever rely on Encore (and LightningRod now).

Aim for the... ear?
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Come in on a Choiced or Encored Electric attack and get the Sp. Attack boost, then use Agility on the switch. With that, Pikachu's Speed hits 558 and its Sp. Attack hits 654! The moves are selected for the best coverage.
Since you have Agility, what's the possibility of giving it an Electro ball?

Last edited:

Well, I suppose Electro Ball's viable, especially against those slower Pokes. (An accurate, STAB'd, drawback-free, 150-power move from 654 Sp. Attack? Yes, please!) I prefer T-bolt for consistency, but Electro Ball's definitely worth consideration.

Aim for the... ear?
- Agility
- Thunderbolt / Electro Ball
- Grass Knot

Even if it were to into an opponent's electric type, it'll just use a non-STAB move to OHKO it before/after it uses agility since smart players aren't dumb enough to switch a Pokemon who has other moves to use.

"Wailord vs. Ampharos"
"Players switches Wailord for Pikachu"
"Ampharos used thunderbolt, but lightningrod absorbs it"
"Pikachu used agility"
"Ampharos used HP [Grass/Ice]"
"Pikachu fainted"

Hence my mention of coming in on Choiced or Encored Electric attacks. In that situation, the attacker will only be able to either boost Pikachu again or switch.

As a DW ability collector I like new DW abilities that can be breed being released. I just wonder how long it will be before female DW Eevee and Pikachu start showing up in the US....

Singing Pikachu distribution announced: "Can You Name All the Pokémon" promotion ...

IMO< I just find it a reference to "The Song of Jigglypuff". Didn't Ash's Pikachu sing in that episode?

As a DW ability collector I like new DW abilities that can be breed being released. I just wonder how long it will be before female DW Eevee and Pikachu start showing up in the US....
They're officially known as "Hidden Abilities" in the game's coding, they're only called DW abilities because up until now, they've all been acquired through the Dream World.

IMO< I just find it a reference to "The Song of Jigglypuff". Didn't Ash's Pikachu sing in that episode?

It was stated to be based on the ending on the Japanese Pokémon website linked in the article.

When it comes to Event Pokemon getting moves they can't normally learn, Pikachu is the most pimped out Pokemon out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom