• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Single pokemon challenge!

Roulette

The People's Champion
Reaction score
I'm planning on playing through diamond using only my starter. The object of this challenge is to complete the main game (gyms and e4) using only my starter. I'll be keeping a log in my blog documenting the stuff that happens. If you're interested in doing this, post here and tell what starter you'll be using.

Rules:
1. No trading from other games.
2. Challenge must be done on Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum.
3. Hm slaves are allowed in your party, but can't be used to battle.
a. In the event of a fainted starter, you can send in a slave, but it must stall until you lose.
b. All slaves are to be removed from your party for any gym or elite four battles.
4. All items are permitted, as long as they are found/purchased on the game.
5. No hacking devices allowed (obviously).
6. You must keep your starter as your one battling pokemon throughout the game.

Ok, that should cover it. Btw this was typed on my iPhone so sorry if it's choppy. If you have amendments to the rules, just say something.

Amendment 1: Battler must be one of the regional starters of sinnoh.

Current trainers taking part:

Roulette Dares: Starter is Chimchar (Townes), Trainer Log: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blog.php?u=41219

Tricky Kipper: starter is Turtwig, blog possibly coming.

Koop paratroopa: working out the details...

Last edited:
I'm in, already started with my Pearl game I had sitting with a level 6, Adamant Turtwig. :)

I started a Brown run. Yes, it's a bootleg, but it counts..

My starter will be Eevee.

Cool, are you going to keep a log anywhere? I'm thinking about adding a list of everyone taking part to the first post, along with their starters and a link to their log if they have one.

EDIT: sorry, it's gotta be turtwig, chimchar, or piplup. I'll add that into the rules.

Wait, whaaaaat?

Meh, I'll do it and log it in my blog occasionally. May I please do this? I like my retro games, and all of my Gen 4 games except HG are lost or sold..

Well, in order to get an eevee on DP you would need to trade (pre e4), which violates rule one so...

I guess platinum is ok. And yes, you can have as many slaves as you want. Starter? And will you have a trainer log?

Again, I'm using Brown. if you really want me to, as soon as I get my DS back, I'll find Pearl and solo with Turtwig.

That would be preferred. Just post all the info once you get pearl.

Yes lol. Just as long as that's the only poke you use throughout the playthrough

I think I might do this. Though, not sure, because the sinnoh starters are my least favorites. If i get around to this, I will pick turtwig.

Nice! I haven't done much yet, I must admit. Townes (my Chimchar) is lvl 13, and we just beat my rival and are almost to Oreburgh. I'm about to upload my blog, when I do I'll post a link to my info in the OP.

Firered version. Magikarp. Shit ton of potions.

Just to prove I have balls.

Ah, I thought it was a general solo run thread.

And I already did the Magikarp one. Level grinding to the max.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom