• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sinnoh in the Mega-verse.

WallflowerCanyon

Explore.
Reaction score
How do you guys think the Sinnoh games would have played out in the Poke-verse that has Mega-Evolution? Right now, I'm replaying through Platinum, and I couldn't help but notice how the new elements(Megas, alternate realities, Fairy-type) introduced in Gen 6 could play out in hypothetical remakes of D/P/Pt, if they are to actually ever happen. Here's some points that I've been thinking about:

- Prof. Rowan's specialty in Pokémon research is Pokémon evolution. BOOM. Right there. He would obviously be studying Mega-Evolution as well. I remember the first time playing Platinum, I felt like I was being lead to believe that Rowan's research in Pokémon evolution would somehow tie-in to the Galactic plot(Rowan being ambushed by Galactic Grunts in Jubilife, Rowan suggesting the Lake Guardians having ties to Evolution before being interrupted by the bombing of Lake Valor), but it never really played out in the end. By the time you're trying to stop Cyrus from destroying the universe, you almost forget how Rowan's research into Pokémon evolution would have tied in to it all... or, at lease I did anyway. If we were to ever get Gen IV Mega-verse remakes, I want Rowan's hypothetical research into Mega-Evolution to be actively tied to the Galactic plot. Which brings me to my second point.

- The Red Chain as an artificially-created Key Stone of sorts, and the Lustrous and Adamant Orbs as the respective Mega-Stones for Palkia and Dialga. The Key Stones are implied to represent the bond between humans and Pokémon, and need that bond to actually work. The creation of knowledge, willpower, and emotion on behalf of the Lake Guardians could fit into this wonderfully, since people and Pokémon would need these qualities to have that special bond in the first place. Cyrus' plan to control and Mega-Evolve Palkia/Dialga to their full power would ultimately fail because the Red Chain in this case would be an artificially-created Key Stone being used for the wrong reasons. In order for you, the player character, to Mega-Evolve Palkia/Dialga, the Lake Guardians would step in and help create a natural Key Stone for you to use since the Red Chain would be rendered useless.

- Since the Lake Guardians are based off of fairies/pixies, it would be fitting to make them either Psychic/Fairy or pure Fairy-types. I think the former would be more likely, since I don't think there's been any Pokémon to date that has had their original typing completely removed and then replaced with a different type.

- The entire theme of the Galactic plot is all about creating a new universe. This would be a perfect opportunity to use the "alternate reality/universe" plot-point that's brought up by Zinnia in the Delta Episode. In all three of the original games, Cyrus insinuates that he will never give up, and in Platinum threatens the player that they will wake up in his new world one day. So, how about actually making this happen in another post-game "episode"? In the post-game event, Cyrus actually succeeds and after you defeat the League, you literally "wake up" in the new world he created. And then, you have to travel between alternate universes and complete various tasks and battles to revert things back to the way they were. Also, have Zinnia make an appearance and actually help you in this quest. Delve deeper into her character as well, such as the Draconids and Aster. The Creation Trio are Dragon-types, so have some connection made between them and the Draconids.

Why would Cyrus succeed with his plan all of a sudden? And what is there to "revert" if there are two or more mutually exclusive universes? If anything, Zinnia should be involved in a plot related to the original universe.

The Lake trio's types are fixed now. I assume you're referring to their potential Mega Evolutions.

Knowing Game Freak, they'd probably put something in about Arceus and some special new whizmo that lets it do a thingy similiar to mega evolution.

Last edited:
Knowing Game Freak, they'd probably put something in about Arceus and some special new whizmo that lets it do a thingy similiar to mega evolution.
Arceus badly needs a Mega form. There are five Mega Pokémon whose total base stats are 50 or 60 points higher than it, which doesn't make a huge amount of sense if you consider that Arceus=God in the lore.

I'd also want to see a Mega Regigigas with a new Ability that doesn't make it useless.

Eh Hoenn didn't change much so I imagine it'd be the same basically but with megalution shoe horned in, Rowan mentioning it a few times then giving you a Key Stone or something.

I think the former would be more likely, since I don't think there's been any Pokémon to date that has had their original typing completely removed and then replaced with a different type.

Togepi, Snubble, Granbull drop Normal entirely to become pure Fairy.

Eh Hoenn didn't change much so I imagine it'd be the same basically but with megalution shoe horned in, Rowan mentioning it a few times then giving you a Key Stone or something.

I think the former would be more likely, since I don't think there's been any Pokémon to date that has had their original typing completely removed and then replaced with a different type.

Don't forget

250px-036Clefable.png

Why would Cyrus succeed with his plan all of a sudden? And what is there to "revert" if there are two or more mutually exclusive universes?

To make it seem not so sudden, they could always make the post-game episode as a DLC event and have it take place a few years after you defeat the League. Also, I'm pretty certain that the possibility of Cyrus succeeding would not only affect the game's canonical universe, but all of the other universes as well. By trying to manipulate time and space like that, it's bound to have serious repercussions. Which means that everybody in every known Poke-verse is undeniably screwed.

The Lake trio's types are fixed now. I assume you're referring to their potential Mega Evolutions.

That wasn't what I originally thought, but that could work too I guess.

Don't forget

250px-036Clefable.png

Normal/Fairy. He said a pure type losing it's type for another one, so it doesn't count

Don't forget

250px-036Clefable.png

Normal/Fairy. He said a pure type losing it's type for another one, so it doesn't count

Igglybuff and its evolutions are Normal/Fairy. Clefable is a pure Fairy.

I don't think there's been any Pokémon to date that has had their original typing completely removed and then replaced with a different type.

Actually there are some.

Snubbull and Granbull both became pure Fairy (which I think is dumb. They should've kept normal in a type slot!): Granbull (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Also, Togepi and the whole Clefairy line: Fairy (type) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Togepi (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Clefairy (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Again, idk why Snubbull and Granbull didn't keep Normal in the first slot. They're dogs. And if Jigglypuff keeps Normal, why not them?

And of course several new Megas would be introduced, I assume. Sinnoh starter Megas (I'd love for Torterra to maybe get a Rock typing swapped for Ground when it goes Mega. Just a thought).

Again, idk why Snubbull and Granbull didn't keep Normal in the first slot. They're dogs. And if Jigglypuff keeps Normal, why not them?

I assume it's because, like Clefairy, Snubbull and Granbull's species classification is "Fairy Pokémon," and they wanted to keep that consistent.

Great thread, but... Stop making me more hyped for the eventual Generation IV remake! It is my favorite, but it is too soon to even think about its remake, although after ORAS, I don't think there are any doubts we will get to see the Megaverse version of Sinnoh in a few years.

I can imagine the orbs being used for a type of transformation for Palkia and Dialga, (probably mega evolution). Cyrus would maybe actually get hold of the orb and cause chaos with Dialga/Palkia.

The Gen VII would have DP remakes, There would be some changes from Platinum
Gaspar will not hold an Everstone and will evolve after the trade, registering both Haunter and Gengar's entries
There will be a right to change between D/P and PT clothing
Sinnoh Gym rematches will have 6 Pokemon for the gym leaders
Added Pokemon
Roark: Rhyperior
Gardenia: Leafeon
Maylene: Infernape
Wake: Empoleon
Fantina: Spiritomb
Byron: Bronzong
Candice: Glalie
Volkner: Pachirisu
E4 after Stark Mountain:
Aaron: Dustox/Beautifly
Bertha:Steelix
Flint:Arcanine
Lucian: Gardevoir

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom