• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Sinnoh Middle-form starters VS. Unova Middle-form starters

Startmirca

CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!!
Reaction score
388.gif
391.gif
394.gif
VS
496.gif
499.gif
502.gif

Battle of the Middle-form starters from Sinnoh and Unova !

Which middle-form trio has the better designs?

Which middle-form trio would win?

Which middle-form trio is cooler?

Which middle-form trio would you prefer?

I prefer Sinnoh's final form starters, but Unova's second form, so I voted for Unova.

I prefer Sinnoh's middle and final forms. So my vote goes to the crazy fire mandrill, the arrogant water penguin and the lolwut grass tortoise.

Isshu's only ahead because people are riding the B/W wave of favor. I personally think that the Sinnoh trio would win in a battle.

Sinnoh has better design, and are more useful in their games, so I vote for them.

Sinnoh has the better design, minus Prinplup, and Dewott's design is epic IMO. Everything else, I prefer Unova's.

I prefer Grotle of the Sinnoh trio, but Dewott and Servine of the Unova trio, and the Unovian trio has a somewhat more streamlined design, so they get my vote.

Unova won simply for Dewott. That little guy's amazing. I personally didn't like the Sinnoh middle forms that much, but the finals were good.

I don't particulary like any of them, but Prinplup's animated sprite in B/W looks cool so I voted for them.

Unovas are better due that they have been designed to each have a different cultural style.
Servine - European(Western) style
Pignite - Chinese style
Dewott - Japanese style
This makes them unique compared to the other middle starter forms ;P

Heres the inverview

Grotle & Prinplup are "meh" in my book. Monferno in my opinion has to be one of the most ugliest middle starter forms. Even its B/W sprite animation doesn't do it any justice for me. Im pretty sure they used the same hideous D/P sprite to make it look stupider. Or maybe its just me :/

Last edited:
Very tough.

On the Sinnoh side, Grotle's my favorite starter form in the whole series, yet I'm not too keen on the other two.

On the Unova side, Pignite's right after Grotle, but I hate Servine and he's probably my least favorite Starter form ever...the antithesis of Grotle, if you will.

Dewott's cool though, so he gives the win to Unova.

All three Sinnoh starters look ugly in their second stages, so I'll go with Unova, although I only like Dewott.

Unova starters middle stages wins this again for me. I actually like all three designs for them whereas the only middle stage starter from Sinnoh I like is Prinplup, the other two are both ugly (mostly Monferno) and boring looking imo.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom