• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Sinnoh Underground/Secret Bases

Perfect Chronology
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
  • Staff
What are your expectations? The same as DPPt but with QoL adjustments (wifi, etc)? What would you like to see?
-
I'm not expecting a lot of drastic changes, just wifi capability and expanded secret bases akin to ORAS (bring back Blissey bases!), but that's about it. I wouldn't mind a reworked Odd Keystone sidequest to make it more convenient to capture Spiritomb.

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As someone who always loathed the Sinnoh bases as a literal pale imitation of the vibrant Hoenn bases, the screenshots so far suggest a much more atmospheric environment. I'm resigned to the fact that we're likely to be stuck in caves again, but at least they'll be far prettier caves.

Reaction score
Yeah, i also always saw Sinnoh's secret bases as a big downgrade from Hoenn's secret bases. I'm hoping they add stuff like vegetation and other stuff to make the secret bases and really the whole Underground have more variety than just brown caves and brown corridors..

Ghost maniac
Reaction score
I hope they expand on it. Like RSE/ORAS secret bases were good, I hope they build on that

Someone. Maybe.
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/Her
I never really played with the Underground much as a kid, so it's a bit hard to say for sure what to expect, but I am kinda excited to actually play around with it in the remakes. I'm expecting QOL updates and for connecting to players around the world to be fairly easy. Maybe making it possible to get more items (exp. candies maybe?) through the mining mini games and whatnot.

I miss secret bases so I am looking forward to those returning. Hopefully they update those like others said because I remember I really didn't enjoy them as much as I did in Hoenn.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
I would like for the drop/discover rates of items to be increased - finding spheres over and over turned me off from the feature as a kid. That or allow players to exchange spheres for evolutionary stones, plates, fossils, etc.
IIRC, things get better in the post-game... Well, either that or I just didn't have good luck playing there before the League.

Reaction score
I'm expecting the Underground to be pretty much the same as in the originals, but with the online functionality of the Switch it should be a vastly superior experience overall.

Also, if they carry over the ability to make your Secret Base into your own pseudo-Gym from ORAS, then that'll be another huge plus IMO.

Last edited: