• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Sinnoh's New Language

I'm so happy to find this thread. I was trying to decipher it myself but failed.
As a trivia I can say that LGPE uses the same alphabet so it's not only Sinnoh language.

Attachments

• pokemon_lets_go_fortune_teller_natures_lady.png
    pokemon_lets_go_fortune_teller_natures_lady.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
The LGPE alphabet does use the same characters, but because it's based on English they don't have the same meanings. (It also has a problem with gibberish text - the cipher only works on a small percentage of the in-game text.)

Fun fact - so far, I've recorded 15 different translatable language ciphers across the games and anime (also one from the TCG).

Attachments

• pokealphabets070521.JPG
    pokealphabets070521.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 182
Can we? It's still technically not canon, despite it seeming to be very accurate. Isn't there a "fanon" section?
This is exactly why I've avoided making an article so far - the information is present in the core games and anime, easily verifiable, and yet... Pokemon hasn't acknowledged it, so I don't know whether it's 'canon'.

People more familiar with Bulbapedia practices are welcome to weigh in, I suppose.

The laguages are canon, the interpretation would be only trivia, but if you can easily translate them in a meaningful way then it deserves to be noted.

Been a while, hasn't it...?

Just wanted to say that I did actually manage to solve this in a reasonable manner. Too many translations to explain here, so I'll let this do the talking:

Here's the kana chart - it looks like we might be getting a few more translations and possibly more kana in the upcoming Teal Mask DLC, fingers crossed!

_JS8GKnKKegBuv1aU2gHdbOXyTqTjOKS7waEgd8MANrORErI1TBOUgrSqF32_smkKY4GUStkjvjmhegW4vf2BkxuF0QYHqsltGCL8Q3dtVaK_EoVWigrup_Gn19Qs8j3p-BOUL0NzM6mIzwp-h1IRQ

Been a while, hasn't it...?

Just wanted to say that I did actually manage to solve this in a reasonable manner. Too many translations to explain here, so I'll let this do the talking:

Here's the kana chart - it looks like we might be getting a few more translations and possibly more kana in the upcoming Teal Mask DLC, fingers crossed!

_JS8GKnKKegBuv1aU2gHdbOXyTqTjOKS7waEgd8MANrORErI1TBOUgrSqF32_smkKY4GUStkjvjmhegW4vf2BkxuF0QYHqsltGCL8Q3dtVaK_EoVWigrup_Gn19Qs8j3p-BOUL0NzM6mIzwp-h1IRQ
Aww, sad to hear that there's no Ainu references in there... nice work!!

I thought the 4 characters on Canala Bridge meant "Mio Hashi".
Do you know what is written under Turtwig's photograph ? When I use your translation, I find "Hi-U-Yu-Mi-Ka-Sa"
What does that mean ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom