• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Six Indigo League episodes are now available on iTunes: Pokémon: The Journey Begins! volume ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Six Indigo League episodes are now available on iTunes: Pokémon: The Journey Begins! volume ...

The first iTunes volume to contain six episodes of the first season of the Pokémon anime, called Pokémon: The Journey Begins, is now available in the iTunes stores in the UK, the US, Canada and Australia. The six Indigo League episodes which are included in this volume are Pokémon, I Choose You! (EP001), Pokémon Emergency (EP002), Ash Catches a Pokémon (EP003), Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village (EP010), Charmander: The Stray Pokémon (EP011) and Here Comes the Squirtle Squad (EP012).

Continue reading...

As I wrote in the article this is the first iTunes volume to contain the words "Pokémon Collections" in the logo so I expect there will be more iTunes volumes coming soon with similar logos but this is the only one so far. I hope that EP004 to EP009 will eventually be released on iTunes because they seem to have skipped those episodes in this volume.

I'm really glad that the releases of more Pokémon episodes on iTunes are trickling in; their digital releases has seemed sporadic for so long...some on Hulu, some on Netflix, some (BW and/or XY?) on iTunes.. >_> Thanks to everyone who managed to make the release happen. Here's hoping that the entire catalog for the Pokémon anime (at least 900 episodes' worth, and counting! o_O) receives an iTunes digital release under the Pokémon Collections banner..

It's weird that Episodes 4 - 9 of the Pokémon anime are just skipped like that.. I mean, Episodes 10-12 are classics in their own right, but unless "copyrights/rights" issues are encountered, why not make it sequential? And if you're going to start out with a skipping of some episodes, you might as well include Episode 15 since it helped to kickstart the anime (at least in the United States of America) :LOL:.

On a side-note, the usage of the terminology "Pokémon Collections" as well as "The Journey Begins" at all kind of baffles me.. Why doesn't The Pokémon Company International (TPCI) (or, alternatively, Nintendo and company, considering that TPCI isn't listed in the copyright credits on iTunes as far as I can see) just make the volumes for the Pokémon anime release(s) correspond to the (English) seasons and each "collection of volumes" correspond to the designated (English) series? No need to introduce more weird anime nomenclature/naming schemes.. :confused: And it would be nice to get some official English logos for "Pokémon the Series: The Beginning" and "Pokémon the Series: Gold and Silver"..

On another side-note, whatever font that was used for the word "Collections" in the Pokémon Collections logo is kind of getting overused, in my opinion.. :sick: I mean, Pokémon the Series: XY is already making liberal use of it (for the XY series title logo as well as the logos for all of the XY-based seasons so far), and the logo for Pokémon the Series: Diamond and Pearl had to "borrow" it.. And now, with this collection, portions of the Pokemon: Indigo League season are already making use of said font.. This hope is probably unlikely, but here's hoping that the font gets changed to something other than the fonts used for the words "The Series" in the English logos for Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire, Pokémon the Series: Black and White, and Pokémon the Series: XY. My opinion towards the "The Journey Begins" font is "lukewarm", so to say.. :unsure: It seems different yet generic (I faintly feel like I've seen it used somewhere before)..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom