• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Skarmory Vs Mantine

FatKidLovesCoke

Reaction score
The two equivalents introduced in gen 2, skarmory being the physical tank and mantine, the special beast

Better Design
Who Would Win
Who Would You Pick
Waffles or Pancakes

EDIT: there is multiple choice if any of you were wondering

PANCAKES!!!!! Skarmory for sure. They both have the same stats just distributed differently, but skarmory has waaay better typing.

I've never even had a mantine so...Skarmory.
But I chose all 4 choices anyways :3

PANCAKES!!!!! Skarmory for sure. They both have the same stats just distributed differently, but skarmory has waaay better typing.

It isn't even about the typing. Mantine just doesn't have the stats or the movepool to make full use of it, like Gyarados does. Skarmory's excellent distribution which goes extremely well with its typing and movepool is the very reason why Skarmory is just that much superior.

Not to mention I prefer it aesthetically, too.

It isn't even about the typing. Mantine just doesn't have the stats or the movepool to make full use of it, like Gyarados does. Skarmory's excellent distribution which goes extremely well with its typing and movepool is the very reason why Skarmory is just that much superior.

Not to mention I prefer it aesthetically, too.

YES ANOTHER POINT FOR PANCAKES lol

Skarmory for this one. It's just too awesome not to pick. Second favorite Steel type of mine (right behind Scizor and above Metagross) vs forgettable at best manta ray? Not even a serious question.

Skarmory for this one. It's just too awesome not to pick. Second favorite Steel type of mine (right behind Scizor and above Metagross) vs forgettable at best manta ray? Not even a serious question.

but i can put a gun to your head. would it be serious now?

Better Design Skarmory
Who Would Win Skarmory
Who Would You Pick Skarmory
Waffles or Pancakes Pancakes

Better Design?
Mantine.
Who Would Win?
Skarmory.
Who Would You Pick?
Skarmory.

I like both of their designs, but Mantine has actually been useful to me, whereas I've never actually put Skarmory on a team. Mantine is under-supported here, anyway.

Poor Mantine, he's losing by so much.
Anyway, I have always wanted to have a Mantine but I was always too lazy too catch one. So, Mantine it is!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom