• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Skin Questions Thread

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
Have a question? Ask here.

Zekurom

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score
Can we post a thread for each new skin that we plan on making? (With the IDEA prefix, of course.)

*edit* Oops, just read the other thread. Never mind about that, then.

RebornRocks

Do it, like an Animal...
Reaction score
Can users provide a screenshot of what they expect the details to look like?

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
  • Staff
Sure, that'd be helpful.

Zekurom

Reaction score
Can we create our own template skin (on another forum like MyBB) as a preview to what the skin would look like?

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
  • Staff
If you'd like, you can. But again, you don't need to put in a ton of work; remember that we're going to be whittling down the suggestions we get into just the most well-liked ideas. So it'd be a shame for people to put together full mockups. Linking a few colors, though, couldn't hurt.

Der_Neuevenmenschen

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
We need at least one skin with a motif similar to the 503 April Fool's skin, a personal favorite of mine.

RebornRocks

Do it, like an Animal...
Reaction score
And also, to help people who will be making preview images, does vB4's layout look compared to the layout now?

Zekurom

Reaction score
And also, to help people who will be making preview images, does vB4's layout look compared to the layout now?

As far as my experiences with it are, it's completely different.

The front page is no longer the tabular layout that we're all used to, with threads/posts/views getting their own columns. Also, the text is so narrow >_<

RebornRocks

Do it, like an Animal...
Reaction score
As far as my experiences with it are, it's completely different.

The front page is no longer the tabular layout that we're all used to, with threads/posts/views getting their own columns. Also, the text is so narrow >_<

I suspect this is the layout, correct?

vb4sample.png

Sushi-X

Born at a Yung Age
Reaction score
If I make a skin, do I just make a huge background image?

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
You guys don't actually have to make a skin. Just mention a skin idea like "Pikachu's Paradise: a yellow-themed skin with lots of Pikachu" or "Geodude's Garden: heavy on the browns and greys. An industrial look." Or something of that sort.

Sushi-X

Born at a Yung Age
Reaction score
Okay.
So basically just brainstorm and come up with a legitimately good idea.
But where do we put the idea?

White Len

Bloody Melt
Reaction score
Real quick question here: I'm using the World Beyond skin and for some reason, when a blog author comments on his blog, the background of his post is a ridiculous light blue, making the post hard to read with the white text. I was kind of wondering why this hadn't been, well, fixed.

Soulweaver

Reaction score
Real quick question here: I'm using the World Beyond skin and for some reason, when a blog author comments on his blog, the background of his post is a ridiculous light blue, making the post hard to read with the white text. I was kind of wondering why this hadn't been, well, fixed.

As far as I know, this is a problem with blog text color not being customizable in vB3 (and thus it inherits the text color from another place). vB4 handles blog and profile customization differently so we'll see and try to prevent this as well as possible. It probably hasn't been fixed in vB3 since, well, it'd have required modifying the blog modules.

Pokémad

Yo what's up?
Reaction score
Just a question, how do we put pictures of what we want buttons or the like to look like? Or should we just upload them?

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
You don't have to do either. A description is good though. An image is even better but don't work too hard to find one.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Top Bottom