• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Skin Questions Thread

When all the banners are made, will they, like Pokécommunity, have a tagline? If so, I would expect it to be "The Original Pokémon Community".

I don't want to commit to anything that specific at that point, but there should certainly be some uniformity between designs.

Just to play it safe, the banners can't be any official artwork, can they?

Yeah, all banners have to be original artwork from fanartists. Plus, I think that gives it an overall better, more friendly quality. Not so industrial.

Cool. Because I'm sure we can create magnificent poses and effects that official artwork doesn't provide~

Not so industrial.

There goes one of my Skin Suggestions. Just kidding. XD

If you'd like, you can. But again, you don't need to put in a ton of work; remember that we're going to be whittling down the suggestions we get into just the most well-liked ideas. So it'd be a shame for people to put together full mockups.

Oh, don't worry - any rejected designs I create will get used on my own forums ^_^

I'm sure that besides some of the current skins that will be revamped, are there any skins that are guaranteed to be made?

I will sound like a total noob, but are non-Pokemon skins allowed?

Yes, The World Beyond and Return are non pokemon, but they're just not allowed to be about another franchise.

I'm wondering. Is this project gonna be on hold until the upgrade?

Is there going to be an April fool skin this year? Is there going to be a BW skin? Or are these going to be a surprise?

will i be able to change my skin back to "Team rocket returns" anytime soon?

Edit:wait a tick...disregard that. i think i'll be able to when the day is up.

Last edited:
Am I the only one for whom Pika Heaven simply does not load its images?

Yeah, it tries to find its images from a very old server address. Dunno at what point it even appeared onto the available skins list but anyway.

This thread is for new skin questions though. :p

I'd like the black skin used in "Real World" to be available for the rest of Bulbagarden Forums. That way I could surreptitiously browse Bulbagarden in public and not be embarrassed.

OK go HERE. Scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" (it's at the bottom of the page) and then when you see "Forum Skin" find and click on "World Beyond" and then "Save Changes".

So I'm wondering, can we maybe create our own style you know like backgrounds, buttons and banners and assemble them outside this forum doing all the coding needed and then send the xml file to someone who has Admin CP access so that they can upload the style into the forum? :)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom