• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Skin Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
So we've got our first idea in for-real development.

Here's what's going to happen: everyone has the next two weeks to request up to three skins. For each skin, please provide as much detail as possible (what colors, what you're looking for, etc.)

We're going to take all the requests and then put them into a bracket. From there, we'll get the top bunch and put them to a vote. The top bunch of that will be the first skins we plan to develop on vB4, plus a few that we like that don't make the voting process. The exact numbers depend on the total number of submissions.

Use this thread to request skins. Remember, you can only request three. If you have questions, ask in the Questions Thread or drop me a PM/VM.

Since we've had a Diamond/Pearl Skin, what about a Black/White Skin? It would probably use black/dark grey in the background, and white/light grey in the foreground so text can be read easily.

Only 3?? Oh noes...Uhh...

1. Dento Skin (similar to the one I posted here.) Though, the icons could use a bit of work.

(and that's all I have in terms of full detailed suggestions for now. I do, however, would die for a Paul or N theme as well :p)

I want to suggest a few skins.

Gelato Paradise- A theme centered around the Pokemon Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe. The colors would be a mixture of whites and shades of blues. The logo would be the Ice Cream Pokemon with the text "Bulbaparlor Forums" or something cheesy, and the little icon next to "Bulbagarden forums" would be "
Ani583MS.png
".

Jurassic Park- Theme surrounding Fossil Pokemon. Colors would be mostly different shades of green and some browns, like very prehistoric-ish if you know what I mean. The logo would have Rampardos, Cradily, Kabutops, and Archeops with text saying something like "Bulbagarden: Forums before time".

What about a jungle skin.
A foresty green with like a vine background starring mankey, primape, tauros, etc. Basically the monkey bunch of pokemon.
And mabye a cheesy sign like Bulbaforest forums: no monkeying around.

I would seriously love an Iris skin, probably with colors that match her (like purple and yellow) and a really cute shot of her in the corner, similar to Misty's Cerulean Blues and Haruka's Joy.

Maybe a skin similar to the color scheme on Pokemon.com? It'd be a nice work-in.

Ooh, and a Suigmori art skin. :D

Or what about an dragon theme featuring the new dragons with black & white as the main stars but include some oldies also like the weather ones and latios and latios and palkia dialga and giratina with like the yin yang colors.

Well, since we have a skin for every other character besides the main character, I suggest we finally get an Ash Ketchum skin.

And I would prefer to see a nostalgia style skin for Ash.

- Classic Ash (original Ash outfit, which can use his original Pokemon sprites from Kanto and Johto). Colors will be Blue, Red, White, Black, and Green (with Blue, Red and White, and Black as dominating colors, Blue symbolizing Ash's jacket, with Red and White symbolizing his hat, and finally Black relates to his black hair and his shirt). Green is optional.

For the header, how about we use a combination of several Ash pics, for different poses/emotions, etc?

Last edited:
Here are my requests:

1. Dark Illusions

It'll be a Zorua/Zoroark theme. The dominant color would be black, like in the backgrounds and such, and block headers would be red, a certain color scheme that just screams, "Deceit and darkness have never been so much fun". New Post icons could be a Zoroark while No New Post icons could be a Zorua. And the Bulbagarden Forums logo could be artwork of Zoroark and/or Zorua drawn by one of the members here.

2. Industrial Battles

This would be a Steel-type theme, where the color scheme would be gray colors and such, a scheme that screams "Factory that manufactures the best Pokemon Trainers you'll ever battle!" The New Posts icon could be a Shiny Magnemite while the No New Posts icons could be a sleeping, regular Magnemite. The Bulbagarden Forums logo could have artworks, provided by members here, of Steel-type Pokemon, such as Magnezone, Metagross, Steelix, Skarmory, Klink, etc..

3. Celestial Flight

This would be an outer space skin with Jirachi being the main theme. The color scheme would be similar to Return, only the blue parts would be changed to a brighter color, maybe a deeper blue or bright scarlet, to reflect the view on stars. A scheme that would just make this song play in your head when you see it! The New Post icons could be a big blue star and the No New Posts icon could be the rock Jirachi was contained in, like in the film it starred in. The Bulbagarden Forums logo could have a Jirachi drawing flying in front of the moon as the logo, created by a member here, of course. And a neat little thing could be this: a program, similar to Christmas 2009's snow effect, wherein shooting stars would fly across the screen every chunk of seconds. Not all at once, no! XD Like, one star shooting diagonally down the screen every 6-10 seconds or so. Something facinating like that!

Last edited:
Dark-type Pokemon Skin

Featuring Dark-type Pokemon; black forum layout, similar to SPPf's Dark-type Pokemon skin.

Forum markers: Zoroark for new posts, "shadowed" Zoroark (or Zorua) for no new posts. Alternatively Absol.

Banner at the top: featuring multiple Dark-type Pokemon, i.e. Zoroark, Absol, Darkrai, Weavile, Hyderigon, and Houndoom.

One with Mew. There are a few ways it could go down:

1. Typical Mew layout with shades of pink. Extremely basic, nothing special. Least likely to happen. But if we want a basic one, here it is.

2. Mew expedition team travelling through South America. Jungles, explorers, and a playful Mew flitting about. Maybe a mountain somewhere in the background. If possible, the overall background for the page could be a graphic of a map similar to this:
alabama-pirate-map.jpg

3. Deep-sea Mew. Maybe sleeping in that bubble, maybe awake and floating around in it. Could show off some of the new Water-types too, along with a mash-up of Tentacool or something.

Bugs Rule Gen V Skin

Layout: A darker version of Serebii's Bug type skin.
Forum Markers: Genesect's head for new posts, Dimmed Genesect's head for no new posts.
Banner: One of those "Bug Types Rule Gen. V" banners with Shubarago, Denchura and Ulgamoth on it.
Little Icon Next to "Bulbagarden Forums":
632.png

Johto Skin
Layout: Gold and Silver, Probably Silver for the foreground.
Forum Markers: Ho-Oh's head for new posts, Lugia's head for no new posts.
Banner: One with art of all the johto gym leaders with the word "Johto" on it.
Little icon next to "Bulbagarden Forums":
iaza11155026804100.gif

Ash and Sewaddle Skin (Morru posted it on Page 2 and I thought it was WIN)
Layout: Orangey Yellow, Green, Red, White.
Forum Markers: Sewaddle's head for new posts, Ash's dimmed head for no new posts.
Banner: Like this
iaza11155091626700.png
probably using fanart.
Little icon next to "Bulbagarden Forums":
540.png

That's me done.

Last edited:
The only one that I could think of that would be good is a Grass Gym Leader skin with the banner having Erika, Gardenia, and Cilan standing side-by-side along with a color scheme similar to Bulbagarden Classic, but with black and white borders to match Cilan's outfit.

I want a Steven Stone and Red (The character) skin. Like, badly.

The Steven Stone skin could be Silver and white, with a little gold/pale blue.
StevenStone-1.gif
This can be used to be next to the Bulbagarden Forums (or if you want it faster..). If needed, I could make the banner or show an example.

Edit button: Metang
Quote: Metagross
Post reply: Aggron
Multiquote: Beldum
Quick reply: Skarmory

They should be a pale silver-blue colour.
For the Red forum, Red and Black I guess would look good. Overworlds for Red as well. If you want me to make a banner/example, sure. But I'm lazy so you can do it

Last edited:
Bugs Rule Gen V Skin

Good one.

Ash's Sewaddle. Please? I beg of you mods and such. D:

And a Dark type theme would be totally cool. To keep everything "gardeny" (lol), it could use Cacturne and Shiftry.

I will edit this post when I come up with my third.

Since I thought of the idea, I'm obviously going to have some idea's.

Safari Zone: Basically, a mix of dark and bright green colours. Where you see someone's post, I would put a darker green, but not too dark, and for the font colour, a see-able light green, but not too bright. The banner would feature some Pokémon from the Safari Zone, and then a Trainer from one of the games in the middle. The icon next to Bulbagarden Forums would be a Safari Ball, the new post and no new post icons would be bright sugimori Safari Ball, and dull for no new posts.

Quote would have a picture of Tauros when in party view next to it, Multi-Quote would be Chansey, and quick reply would be Kanghaskan.

More ideas to be posted soon, when updated it'll be with pictures.

Grass starter theme. Since this forum mascot is Bulbasaur and I am a fan of Torterra and Snivy, how about a Grass starter (I mean, not only the starters, but can also be their evolved forms) theme? I'd love it.
If that's too much Pokemon, then

Torterra theme. Torterra. Foresty green/dark green combined with woody/earthy brown. Turtwig or Grotle can also come to join Torterra xD
If Torterra is not that popular, then...

Snivy theme. Snivy, without any other Pokemon. Green and light green leafy color. With some Snivy close ups showed. Its cool looking smug has made it its own meme, so why not making it a skin theme now :D

Thanks for reading!

2. Industrial Battles

This would be a Steel-type theme, where the color scheme would be gray colors and such, a scheme that screams "Factory that manufactures the best Pokemon Trainers you'll ever battle!" The New Posts icon could be a Shiny Magnemite while the No New Posts icons could be a sleeping, regular Magnemite. The Bulbagarden Forums logo could have artworks, provided by members here, of Steel-type Pokemon, such as Magnezone, Metagross, Steelix, Skarmory, Klink, etc..
I'd love this one too!

Well, I would LOVE a Skiploom skin, but that's a very limited audience so I wouldn't recommend it. lol

Anyway, like somebody else mentioned we should have a Red theme. With little Pikachu's as the icons next to the threads. The background would be a faded red and white. That would be amazing me thinks.

Although I might request some others later, here is my first:

Looker. After going through all other skins I noticed we don't really have an orange/brown one. And now just look at Looker. His coat, hair, suit and boots are all brown! Not to mention, Looker seems to have become a recurring character in the pokémon universe, making both appearences in unrelated games (in which I mean games that don't have a region in common), and making multiple appearances in the anime in different regions. Plus he's a pretty cool character I guess most people like.

The logo on top of the site would probably be the top half of his official art facing right, the edit/quote buttons could have his overworld sprite, his croagunk and/or his rock costume, and the main colours of the skin would be those in his official art, and maybe a lighter shade of orange too, if it otherwise would become too dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom