• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Skincare

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I always enjoy discussing skincare with others, so let's chat!

Do you have a skincare routine currently? This can be something simple - like just cleansing at night and applying sunscreen in the morning - or something a little more complex. What types of products do you use? I currently use a cleansing balm, moisturizer, eye cream to help with dark circles (though mine are hereditary so it doesn't do much about it haha), and azelaic acid when needed. Only the first two things are pretty much a must-use for me really, the other two can be removed with probably little issues. Oh, and SPF during the day! How about you guys? Or do you not use skincare products much at all? My husband only washes his face with water and puts SPF on during the day so I've always wondered how his skin handles that haha.

I used to use some mild face washes, back when I sold cosmetics for living. Really, though, genetics has been kind to me in this regard - I'll only really use a bit of moisturiser around the eyes when it's allergy season. Face scrubs tend to make things worse, and any more moisturiser is just an invitation for spots

• Staff
I used to use some mild face washes, back when I sold cosmetics for living. Really, though, genetics has been kind to me in this regard - I'll only really use a bit of moisturiser around the eyes when it's allergy season. Face scrubs tend to make things worse, and any more moisturiser is just an invitation for spots
Lucky lucky! I'm prone to acne even now still. But lately I've been realizing I'm reacting uncomfortably to gluten and it's the only thing in my diet I've not tested cutting out yet, so perhaps that will help the skin on top of my gut.

I used to be a lot more into skincare around 2020 during COVID when everyone was at home and I was more interested in exploring other (frankly expensive haha) hobbies but that relaxed a bit a year later. Used to use a face wash, moisturizer, vitamin C serum, snail mucin serum, mugwort face mask, sunscreen, benzoyl peroxide, and probably other things, many on a single day. Got a bit too much for my skin.

ohhhh I needed this thread.

Been having a lot of self image issues lately so I did in fact develop a skincare routine!

eye cream to help with dark circles (though mine are hereditary so it doesn't do much about it haha)
Have any tips or recommendations on what you use despite your burden of genes? My dark circles are my BIGGEST challenge, I’ve been trying to get rid of them for months (maybe I’m in the same boat…). I usually use a caffeine facial mask twice a week because I heard caffeine is good for dark circles, it feels really nice but I haven’t seen any progress.

Same as colours in that when it comes to acne I’m pretty safe, every once in a while I get a pimple but I have pretty good cream for that so they don’t last.

Currently my skincare routine is (as mentioned above) facial masks twice and then ginseng eye cream at night. I really should put it on during the day too, but I always forget. I should get back to exfoliating but I’m so laaaazy…

• Staff
Have any tips or recommendations on what you use despite your burden of genes? My dark circles are my BIGGEST challenge, I’ve been trying to get rid of them for months (maybe I’m in the same boat…). I usually use a caffeine facial mask twice a week because I heard caffeine is good for dark circles, it feels really nice but I haven’t seen any progress.
lol I wish! The caffeine serum I use definitely helps puffiness but not so much dark circles, I expected it since that's what people said online but was still kind of hoping. It's really hard to do much about hereditary dark circles other than cover them up from what I know. ;_; Which I'm too lazy to do haha.

I just wash my face with shampoo (terrible) and I don't do any skincare at all, i don't even put sunscreen (explains why I'm burnt and kind of dry) but i think the key to great skin is a nutritious diet. although i have never had any breakouts or whichever (oddly enough for someone who wears masks on a hot day) I'd say that eating plenty of citrus fruits and fruits people use for a "detox" helps me keep my skin relatively nice, and a healthy amount of sleep.

Had to run to this thread because I just discovered something I can’t live without. Recently tried Lush’s ‘Rose’ eye masks by taking a nap in them after leaving them in the fridge for a day. The way my eyes felt after was INCREDIBLE. I am genuinely wondering if having a steady supply of them will diminish my dark circles like Sheep and I are lamenting. The only downside is they are a bit expensive here, as Lush tends to be, and the only store near me is 30 mins away in a high traffic area.

They don’t seem to be in stock online either… but once I’m able to buy them again I’ll definitely report my results. They definitely felt fantastic though.

I use generic brand deep cleansing face wash while in the shower for my face. I also use Dollar Shave Club Face moisturizer which I usually buy from stores if they're on sale, but it's haven't been at the store I get it from so I need to look from the site, good thing I stocked up. Though I've been forgetting to put it on as of late, it still helps a lot.

I have also cocoa butter that can be used for hands, face (as an aftershave), and most of the body. I also have various hand creams, been using a Dollar Shave Club one recently as well but I also have a Dove one.

I've been meaning to see what else I can get, probably should get something for the dark spots/bags under my eyes since they're pretty noticeable when I have them, though my glasses sometimes cover them.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom