• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Slots be gone in European Platinum

It's that a joke?! i'm Italian and I have Platinum [european version] and when I have read what you says about the slot machines I was so angry 'cause we have just the version that is complete only in the 80% [cause the method to obtained leggendary Pokémon with the events it's giving you the Pokémon but don't give you the access to their islands or place, we've got the pokémon just going in a Poké Market...]

So, is it actually possible to get TM64 now in European Platinum or not?

Yes. You can either choose to buy the coins or simply check the machines every day to get a random amount.

Actually, it's probably easier for us to get it, I dunno about anyone else, but I never really had any luck on the slot machines - since it's possible to get well over 100 coins a day simply by checking the machines, it wouldn't really be too hard to put together the dough for any of the prizes after a while.

I thought you needed a 10 combo winning streak thingy or something to get it though? I didn't think that it was a TM to buy? Is this not correct?

I wasn't aware of that (I only ever played the slots in Diamond/Pearl once and never knew anything about a Clefairy mini-game >>) - but it would seem that - according to Bulbapedia - it's available for the same price as Giga Impact, TM 68.

It's not in my game though... maybe it requires beating the Elite 4?

Hmm...I think we may not have it available. Unless, as you say Doctor Oak, it is post E4. Boo!

According to Bulbapedia, TM64's only available as a Game Corner prize in the European version of Platinum, for 20000 coins.

From the article Game machine

"As playing slot machines is integral to obtaining TM64 in all other versions, European versions of Platinum will occasionally reward the player with the TM while talking to the Game Corner's receptionist."

I'll confirm this later when I get out of Stark Mountain.

I can confirm that they will give you TM 64 sometimes.
I approached the receptionist today and the message was something like
"We're having a special on Technical Machines, here"
Then I recieved TM 64.
Not bad, I suppose. But I love playing slots. :(

Well seeing as the TM is confirmed to be free and it seems that you can get it multiple times, it will be useful for trading purposes to those who aren't good at the slots.

I guess the removal of the slots isn't as too bad as I thought at first yet it still is a precedent for changes between the regions and that worries me.

Well at least it is still available. I must admit the slot machines was something I was never good at/enjoyed doing in games. I was just concerned that it was effectively removing TM64 in Euro Platinum. As mentioned by Iteru, the region change is a worry for the future.

This makes no sense at all. Due to the gambling the rating would have to have gone up. May I ask why the hell then it wasn't done in DP? Dick move ninty dick move.

May I ask why the hell then it wasn't done in DP? Dick move ninty dick move.

I wish I asked that when I did the mailbag feature on pokemon.com asking about the removal of the slots.

Doubt they will answer it though, or be like "You get free coins be happy!".

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom