• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SM Episode titles predictions & Prediction Reviews

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Anime spoilers up to the most recent episode below

Hi guys. In this thread I'll post my predictions about upcoming SM episode titles and plots in general. Ironically the first post will not be about new predictions, those will be posted sometime next week (and will include league stuff!) as I'm waiting for tomorrow's episode's info about Mohn. Let's begin!

Parhentesis are my original notes when I wrote the predictions.

ERE = Equivalent real episode
-SM062: A mischievous Ultra Guardian! Poipole enters!
ERE: SM068 Shining Love! Spinning Poipole !!
Poipole joined the Ultra Guardians on his own episode, but it did so 6 episodes later.
-SM063: Flex your muscles! Bewear vs Buzzwhole!
ERE: SM061 Set Off! Our Ultra Guardians!! (which was already announced when I did the entry).
Bewear vs Buzzwhole happened on the UG debut, which is something I should had seen coming.
-SM064: Sophocles' wish! Minior of the 7 nights!
ERE: SM079 Minior and Poipole, the Promise that Disappeared into the Starry Sky!
This idea as almost spot-on, as while Poipole bonded with Minior, Sophocles' bond with one was pivotal to the episode.
-SM065: Guzzlord's menu!
ERE: SM100 The Lighting Bolt that Severs the Wind! Its Name is Zeraora!!
Guzzlord debuted 35 episodes later, in a surprisingly serious episode.
-SM066: Kiawe is a clown? It's Blacephalon!
ERE: SM078 Ultra Beast Clash! The Great Crackling Rumble Operation!!
Blacephalon debuted 12 episodes later, Kiawe wasn't the focus of its appearance.
-SM067: The tale of princess Celesteela! (This could also feature Malie City, Kartana and Litten's evolution. It could even be a two-parter)
ERE: The Shining Starship Celesteela
Celesteela debuted 2 episodes later, and Kartana hasn't even appeared.
Litten evolved 4 episodes earlier.
I was right that it would involve references to the Japanese folk tale.
-SM068: Poipole gets sick? Burnett's mision! (filler)
ERE: None, or SM084 The Shape of Family, Poipole's Feelings!
Poipole and Burnett didn't bond, but Poipole did bond with a woman from the games 16 episodes later which explained that something was off with it...so it kinda counts.
-SM069: Enter Nanu, Acerola and the shy Mimikyu!
ERE: SM074 The Big Old Thug is an Island King!?
Nanu, Acerola and Mimikyu debuted 4 episodes later and met Ash 5 episodes later.
-SM070: Lillie's trial! Vs Xurkitree! (So, Acerola bonds with Lillie and convinces her to prove herself, she ends up battling Xurkitree in the Holukani observatory)
ERE: SM078 Ultra Beast Clash! The Great Crackling Rumble Operation!! or None/SM080 Sandshrew's Storm! Ice Cave Double Battle!!
Lillie kinda got her own Ulaula trial 10 episodes later. Xurkitree debuted 8 episodes later.
-SM071: Get the Ghostium Z! Pikachu vs Mimikyu!
ERE: SM076: Super Decisive Battle! Pikachu VS Mimikkyu!!
Pikachu battled Mimikyu as Ash's trial 5 episodes later, but there wasn't any reward.
-SM072: A new Grand Trial! The spirit of Ulaula! (Dub title: Trials and judgements)
ERE: SM 077 Nanu's Grand Trial! Lycanroc Awakens!!
The grand trial happened 5 episodes later, the dub title was wrong.
-SM073: Team Skull's home! Save Stakataka! (Poor UB Assembly, it's filled with graffities from Team Skull...)
ERE: SM085 Leap and Climb, Stakataka!
Po Town appeared 42 episodes later and the group hasn't visited it. They haven't been involved with any UBs. Stakataka debuted 13 episodes later.
-SM074: Ultra Guardians forever! Naganadel vs Guzma!
ERE: SM115 Emperor of Destruction Guzma!
Guzma appeared 41 episodes later, and didn't battle Naganadel. But it did battled Ash....
Poipole didn't evolve.
-SM075: A new threat! Necrozma and Nebby!
-SM076: All Ultra Beasts together! Do it for Nebby!
-SM077: A new light begins to shine! The Ultra Space closes!

ERE: SM087 A Crisis in Alola! The Darkness that Devours Radiance!! , SM088 Lunala VS UB:BLACK! A Full Moon Battle!! , SM089 The Prism of Light and Darkness - Its Name is Necrozma!! and SM090 Connect to the Future! The Legend of the Blinding One!!
-As the poster suggested there was a Necrozma story coming, but it happened 12 episodes later than what I suggested. It involved Nebby being kidnapped and that was the main reason our heroes chased Necrozma, but the other UBs weren't involved. The Ultra Space didn't close as not all UBs were caught at that moment.

-SM082: Team Skull's Ultra Beast! It's Stakataka! (Semi-recycled idea from my last blog, TS adopts Stakataka and fills it with graffities)
ERE: SM085 Leap and Climb, Stakataka!
Team Skull haven't been involved with any UBs, but they came back 4 episodes later on SM086. Stakataka debuted 3 episodes later.
-SM083: Music battle! Kommo-o vs Dugtrio! (DJ Leo comes back and Ryuki appears, both participate in a contest)
ERE: None
None of both characters have appeared recently, but Ryuki could appear soon. I'll update this if that happens.
-SM084: Graveler and Golem, Pirates of Alola!
ERE: SM095 Wela Volcano, Graveler, Golem, and the Mountaineers!
This ugly Alola forms got their own filler 11 episodes later. They weren't pirates, but they were involved with a profession so...yay?
-SM085: Bewear's mission, Team Rocket's reunion!
Bewear got her own plot on SM096 11 episodes later, and coincidentally it followed the Golem episode. But the plots are too different for it to count.
-SM086: A Kahuna's coronation! The Ruins of Hope! (Poni Arc begins, Ash and Kukui watch Hapu's coronation by Tapu Fini)
ERE: SM104 Poni Island Research Project! Search for the Kahuna!! and SM109 The Birth of a Kahuna! Ash's Grand Trial!!
Hapu's coronation was seen and happened in the Ruins of Hope, but it happened right before Ash battled her.
The Poni Arc began 18 episodes later.
-SM087: Mina's Trial! Get all the Petals! (Akala was the island of Ash and his friends and Ulaula was the island of Ash and Team Rocket, so maybe Poni could be the island of Ash and Gladion. Both have to go on a scavenger hunt around the island looking for the petals, but...)
ERE: SM084 The Shape of Family, Poipole's Feelings!
Nope, Mina hasn't returned and her trial wasn't shown. She did appear 3 episodes earlier, so I'm going to count that.
-SM088: Gladion's pride! Silvally vs Pheromosa! (...a Pheromosa appears, and Ash and Gladion have a debate about if it's good harming UBs or not. Fridge Brilliance because of Pheromosa representing Gladion's mommy issues)
ERE: SM114 Beauty and Meowth! and SM105 Decisive Lycanroc Battle! Ash VS Gladion!!
Pheromosa appeared 26 episodes later, but Gladion didn't battle her. And no UBs appeared during the Poni Arc. However
-SM089: Nebby, are you OK? (Ash visits the Altar of the Sun, but founds Necrogaleo...)
-SM090: Alola's new threat! Team Rocket's Blinding One Operation! (part 1)
-SM091: Alola's new threat! Team Rocket's Blinding One Operation! (part 2)

ERE: SM087 A Crisis in Alola! The Darkness that Devours Radiance!! , SM088 Lunala VS UB:BLACK! A Full Moon Battle!! , SM089 The Prism of Light and Darkness - Its Name is Necrozma!! and SM090 Connect to the Future! The Legend of the Blinding One!!
This arc began 2 episodes earlier, and involved Team Rocket as was expected from that scene with Nanu and Giovanni. It didn't interrupt the Poni Arc.
-SM092: A new Grand Trial! Ash vs Hapu!
ERE: SM109 The Birth of a Kahuna! Ash's Grand Trial!!
Ash battled Hapu 17 episodes later.
-SM093: The promise between Ash and Gladion! (reused title from SM020, but it sounds cool. Arc finale.)
ERE: SM105 Decisive Lycanroc Battle! Ash VS Gladion!!
Gladion did appeared and battled Ash, playing a role during the arc. Their battle happened 12 episodes later.
-SM094: The world inside a bubble! The water tribe and Primarina!
ERE: SM106 We Have a Sea and We Have a Valley! Great Intensive Pokémon Evolution Training!!
The water tribe did came back 12 episodes later, during the Poni Arc rather than later. They showed Primarina then.
-SM095: Let's Go, Ilima! Pikachu vs Eevee! (shameless game promotion...I mean, league training)
ERE: SM099 Eevee, Where Are You Going? To Go Anywhere to Meet Up!
In order to promote the games, the writers decided to introduce another Eevee rather than increasing Ilima's role. The new Eevee appeared 4 episodes later.

-SM092: Let's Go! Pikachu vs the Lazy Eevee! (Ash catches Eevee)
ERE: SM099 Eevee, Where Are You Going? To Go Anywhere to Meet Up!
Lana caught Eevee instead of Ash, 7 episodes later.
-SM093: Special training! Eevee´s secret moves! (Sophocles, Lana and Mallow teach Eevee its LGPE moves.)
Lana's Eevee, battling? (laughs).
-SM094: Fishing with Mantine Surf! (Lana's father debuts)
ERE: SM102 Alola at Alola! Brock and Misty!
Mantine Surf appeared twice recently, one in the second episode of the Eevee series (which aired with the real SM094!) and another one 8 episodes later. Lana's father appeared 5 episodes later.
-SM095: The most delicious Malasada! Hau and Dartrix!
ERE: SM097 Dartrix the Artisan!!! Sleeping Rowlet zzz
Hau appeared 2 episodes later.
-SM096: A cute Stufful is Team Rocket's new friend?
ERE: SM096 Team Rocket and Stufful!
Nice, I nailed the number and the title mentioning both characters.
-SM097: You can do it Sophocles! The great Charjabug mechanism! (Charjabug evolves)
ERE: SM106 We Have a Sea and We Have a Valley! Great Intensive Pokémon Evolution Training!!
Charjabug evolved 9 episodes later.
-SM098: Origami Panic! Kartana the samurai!
Kartana has not appeared as of writing.
-SM099: The mysterious Nut! A giant magnet! (The class befriend a nut)
ERE: SM112 Arrival in Alola! Dripping Metal Panic!!
When everyone was expecting Meltan to appear in the movie, I had the vibe that it would get his own arc and I was right. It began 13 episodes later.
-SM100: Po Town! Let's save Nut!
Meltan hasn't been caught by any villain outside Team Rocket. Po Town however appeared 15 episodes later.
-SM101: Megaevolution and Z-moves! Big brawl in Po Town! (Misty and Brock come to help!)
ERE: SM102 Alola at Alola! Brock and Misty!
As said above, no Team Skull doing something evil 2-parter thus far.
Misty and Brock appeared one episode later to the least serious stuff possible.
However, something interesting is that my title made a reference to SM043, and the real title made a reference to SM042.

-SM104: Wobbuffet joins the twerps?
The next TR episode was about Meowth.
-SM105: Munchlax's order! Mallow's most demanding guest!
The next Mallow episode was about her mother.
-SM106: How to be a samurai! Kiawe and Lillie! (Kartana and/or Golisopod debut)
Kartana hasn't appeared. Golisopod appeared 9 episodes later though.
-SM107: Across the sea! Next destination, Poni Island! (I've changed my opinion about Poni. Instead of being about Ash & Gladion, I think it will be about Ash & Lana, because of Eevee. In this episode, the water tribe will take Ash & Lana to Poni and Lana will learn more about them).
ERE: SM104 Poni Island Research Project! Search for the Island King!! and SM106 We Have a Sea and We Have a Valley! Great Intensive Pokémon Evolution Training!!
Sophocles, Kiawe, Lillie and Mallow went there too and they went there in a normal boat.
However, the water tribe reappeared 1 episode earlier and the arc began 3 episodes earlier.
-SM108: Tapu Fini and the New Kahuna!
ERE: SM104 Poni Island Research Project! Search for the Kahuna!! and SM109 The Birth of a Kahuna! Ash's Grand Trial!!
Hapu's coronation was seen and Tapu Fini chose her, but it happened right before Ash battled her.
Tapu Fini did got her own episode on this exact number.
-SM109: The 7 petals! Symbols of our friendship!
-SM110: The strongest Hydro Vortex! Popplio vs Toxapex! (While looking for the petals, Lana battles a Totem Toxapex -which has yet to debut in its normal coloration-and Popplio evolves)
Popplio evolved by wanting to, no trials were involved, 4 episodes earlier.
-SM111: Our Final Trial! Ash vs Hapu!
ERE: SM109 The Birth of a Kahuna! Ash's Grand Trial!!
The trial happened 2 episodes earlier.
-SM112: Fossil research! Omanyte's secret!
ERE: None.
A Water-type Kanto Pokemon got its own filler 1 episode later though.
-SM113: The Beauty and the Ultra Beast! Lusamine and Pheromosa!
ERE: SM114 Beauty and Meowth!
Pheromosa appeared 1 episode later, but Lusamine wasn't the protagonist. However, she was paired with someone, Meowth.
Both titles made references to Beauty and the Beast!
-SM114: The Clockworker and Magearna! (All legendaries + Marshadow and Zeraora have been covered, so it wouldn't hurt them to complete the group)
ERE: Lillie and the Secret Mechanical Princess!
YES! Two episodes later Magearna appeared!
-SM115: Dewgong in the mist!
ERE: None.
A Water-type Kanto Pokemon got its own filler 2 episodes earlier though.
-SM116: Shocking discovery! Sophocles and Meltan!
-SM117: Battle Royale! The prize is Meltan?
(Maybe we could see a small arc of Meltan appearing in random places)
-SM118: Blush Mountain! Too many Meltan! (Charjabug evolves while attempting to stop the Meltan outbreak, but...)
-SM119: Melmetal rises! Ultra Beasts, lend us your power!
ERE: SM111 Arrival in Alola! Dripping Metal Panic!! and SM112 Discovering a New Species! Get, Meltan!
The Meltan arc started 5 episodes earlier. It didn't bond with Sophocles but with Ash (what a twist!).
All Meltan debuted at the same time in the series.
As of writing there hasn't been news of Melmetal's role.

That's all for now, I hope you liked it. If you spot any other similarity between my titles and the real episodes, let me know! :D

Prediction 2019 #1
First prediction of the year!

-SM121: Meltan's first battle! Electric Surge field! (Hau comes back with Alolan Raichu)
-SM122: Thank you, Shaymin! Fly towards the future! (Shaymin is released and Mallow gets a Z-ring and crystal)
-SM123: Royal Mask vs Tadpole girl! (Lana helps a Poliwhirl to get confidence. I had the idea before SM120-which is a Lana episode-was revealed, but I want to post it anyway in case there's a Royal Mask episode around this number)
-SM124: Final battle with Tapu Koko! Our 10 million Thunderbolt! (Ash wins the Pikashunium Z legally, he needs to do so before the league.)
-SM125: Ultra Forest! Kartana and Mohn! (Kartana two-parter. The group uses Nebby to go there. Meltan's evolution could happen there)
-SM126: The bond between father and daughter!
-SM127: A small detour! Let's start from a new today! (Poipole returns while the group comes back home)
-SM128: Survival in Poké-Paintball!
-SM129: Everyone participates! The exciting Alola League begins!
-SM130: Smart battle! Lillie vs Sophocles!

That's all for now, I apologize if it's smaller than the last ones but I don't want to go further until more about the league is revealed.

Prediction 2019 #2, SM final episodes
Hi guys, it's time for the final SM prediction. :cry: But don't worry, they'll come back as soon as info on the new series is shown.

-SM134: Road to the semifinal! Guzma's ambition!
-SM135: Ultimate rival battle! Lycanroc advances!
-SM136: Full battle in the finals! Give your all! (Ash vs Guzma, but the titles might not want to spoil it)
-SM137: Alola's first champion rises! A match of honor!
-SM138: Chaos in Manalo Stadium! Melmetal appears!
-SM139: A Soul Heart! Lillie's determination! (Lillie revives Magearna, finds her father and beats Melmetal. Kukui may expose himself as Royal Mask)
-SM140: Kukui's dream! A battle between teacher and student!
-SM141: Thank you, Shaymin! Fly towards the future!
-SM142: An Alola of Goodbye! Pokemon School Graduation!
-SM143: Party at Oak's Laboratory! Choose your adventure! (All past companions come back! Ok, no, only Misty, Brock and Tracey)

Hi guys, it's time for the final SM prediction. :cry: But don't worry, they'll come back as soon as info on the new series is shown.

-SM136: Full battle in the finals! Give your all! (Ash vs Guzma, but the titles might not want to spoil it)
-SM139: A Soul Heart! Lillie's determination! (Lillie revives Magearna, finds her father and beats Melmetal. Kukui may expose himself as Royal Mask)
-SM143: Party at Oak's Laboratory! Choose your adventure! (All past companions come back! Ok, no, only Misty, Brock and Tracey)
Where would you put ash vs koko? 142 would fit, mirroring the end of vanilla SM. My question would be why lillie would fight melmetal

Where would you put ash vs koko? 142 would fit, mirroring the end of vanilla SM. My question would be why lillie would fight melmetal

Maybe Tapu Kuko will ask to be in Kukui's party as his final Pokemon, it would kill two birds with one stone. If not then on the graduation episode.

I would fuse the Melmetal and Magearna plots together for convenience too, there isn't much time left, and both are Steel mythicals so it makes some sense.

Review #2
Now that the series is over, it's time to review my other 2 predictions.
ERE: Equivalent Real Episode
-SM121: Meltan's first battle! Electric Surge field! (Hau comes back with Alolan Raichu)
ERE: SM 118 Aim for the Top Floor! The Explosive Dragon Gym!!
Meltan did have its first battle against a male character from the games 3 episodes earlier, but not in the conditions I predicted.
-SM122: Thank you, Shaymin! Fly towards the future! (Shaymin is released and Mallow gets a Z-ring and crystal)
ERE: SM 121 Mallow's Valiant Effort! The Forest Pokémon Café!!
Mallow did have focus one episode earlier where she obtained her Z-ring, but it was in an adventure unrelated to Shaymin. Shaymin itself was released 24 episodes later without any focus.
-SM123: Royal Mask vs Tadpole girl! (Lana helps a Poliwhirl to get confidence)
Royal Mask episodes stopped after SM092, but Kukui got focus 2 episodes later and Lana wasn't involved.
-SM124: Final battle with Tapu Koko! Our 10 million Thunderbolt! (Ash wins the Pikashunium Z legally, he needs to do so before the league.)
ERE: SM 144 Alola's Strongest Z! Tapu Koko VS Pikachu!!
Ash battled Tapu Koko during his exhibition match with Kukui and used the Z-move, which again appeared out of nowhere 20 episodes later.
-SM125: Ultra Forest! Kartana and Mohn! (Kartana two-parter. The group uses Nebby to go there. Meltan's evolution could happen there)
ERE: SM 124 Perfect Sharpness! Kartana has Arrived!!
All Kartana got was a filler one episode earlier.
-SM126: The bond between father and daughter!
ERE: SM127 Gladion and Lilie! Chasing a Father's Phantom!!
The Mohn subplot when unsolved, and he's apparently on Poke-Earth because of plot contrivance. We didn't visit the Ultra Space again, but Ash did it off screen with Solgaleo 20 episodes later. However there was a Mohn episode around this number and I'm gonna count it since the title relationship got focus.
-SM127: A small detour! Let's start from a new today! (Poipole returns while the group comes back home)
Poipole returned as Naganadel 13 episodes later, it went to Poke-Earth itself, but the episode wasn't about that.
-SM128: Survival in Poké-Paintball!
Sports and competitions episodes stopped after SM119.
-SM129: Everyone participates! The exciting Alola League begins!
ERE: SM 128 The Curtain Rises! The Alola Pokémon League!!
My prediction was one episode later, close enough.
-SM130: Smart battle! Lillie vs Sophocles!
ERE: SM 130 Mallow and Lana! Super Full-Force Friendship Battle!!
I didn't predict the Battle Royale, but who would have? There was a companion vs companion battle in the first round and on the same episode number, so I'm going to count it.

ERE: SM 134: Everyone's Fully Powered! The Road to the Semifinals!!
NAILED the episode number, part of the title, and that it would be about Guzma destroying someone. Yeah!
EREs: SM138 The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!! and SM 139 Birth! The Alola Champion!!
I got the order wrong, Ash battles Guzma in the semifinals and Gladion in the finals. Well, at least I predicted the ultra obvious thing that the doggos would beat the sh*t out of each other.
EREs: SM 136 Rising Fire! There's More Than One Rival!! and SM 137 Undefeated Emperor Guzma!
Again, wrong order, and no full battle.
ERE: SM 139 Birth! The Alola Champion!!
Well, at least I nailed the finale lasting two episodes. The league ended 2 episodes later though, nobody expected it to last that much.
ERE: SM 140 Akuziking Invasion! The Great Z-Move Battle!!
A crisis indeed happened after the finale, and was partially solved because of a special Pokemon showing up on its evolved form. It only lasted one episode though. Melmetal debuted on this episode number!
Again, the Mohn subplot when unsolved. Magearna awakened 7 episodes later and Kukui exposed himself one episode later. I was right that he would do so during the crisis though.
EREs: SM 141 Final Battle! Ash VS Kukui!! , SM 142 Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!! , SM 143 Conclusion! Incineroar VS Torracat!! , SM 144 Alola's Strongest Z! Tapu Koko VS Pikachu!!
I underestimated how long this battle would be, at least I predicted that Ash would win the league and thus he would battle him.
Shaymin was released 5 episodes later without any focus.
EREs: SM 145 The Sun, the Moon, and Everyone's Dreams! and SM 146 Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!!
The finale lasted two parts, starting 3 episodes later and nobody graduated. Lesson from this series, quit the school.
EREs: None
No Pallet Town episode for us. My final episode count was wrong by 3. Oak returned 5 episodes earlier though.

That's all for now, I hope you've liked my predictions. See you in my PM predictions!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom