• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

PREVIEW: SM001: Alola! The Starting Island, the Starter Pokémon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM001: Alola! The Starting Island, the Starter Pokémon!!
Airs: November 17

Here is a summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

While on a trip, Ash and Pikachu visit the Alola region. The Alola region, which is overflowing with abundant nature, is filled with unknown, fascinating things like new Pokémon, Pokémon that have taken on unique Alola forms, and more. And after Ash has learned there is a school called the "Pokémon School" there where you can learn about Pokémon, he decides to stay in Alola, move in with the schoolteacher Professor Kukui, and attend the Pokémon School.

Last edited:

Max1996

Brutal Pokémon
Reaction score
The first Sun&Moon episode title (probably).
HYPE! :D

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
If this is real, I imagine the first Pokemon they're referring to is Tapu Koko.

Flynn

Reaction score
Summary for the episode from Dephender:

Ash and Pikachu have gone on a trip to the Alola region, which is overflowing with abundant nature! After having encountered Pokémon that have their own Alola forms, the excited Ash then hears there is a "Pokémon School" there where you can learn about Pokémon, and wants to enroll!

Last edited:

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Where is your source?
2ch. They've had real titles posted there without images before and fake ones too. They also say that the four episodes all air on different dates, even though it's been said that there is an hour special for the 17th and 24th, so there should be two episodes each on those days. Unless instead of a second episode on the 17th, it's a special episode and we just haven't heard of it yet.

jonathan keller

Reaction score
2ch. They've had real titles posted there without images before and fake ones too. They also say that the four episodes all air on different dates, even though it's been said that there is an hour special for the 17th and 24th, so there should be two episodes each on those days. Unless instead of a second episode on the 17th, it's a special episode and we just haven't heard of it yet.
Well, no disrespect to you, but if it comes from an unreliable website that's been known to get information wrong. Then why even post it and get people's hopes up? The fact that they say that all the episodes air on different dates is a red flag to me

Kallyle

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
My crappy translation of the summary:

Satoshi and Pikachu have arrived in the Alola region on vacation. Enthralled by the peculiar shape of the Alolan pokemon he meets, he learns about a school that studies Pokemon named Pokemon School, and considers enrolling.

This ep is written by Aya Matsui.
If this is true, then I feel a bit relieved. If the school was Ash's idea, then that makes it less likely for regression. After all, the "peculiar shape" seems to refer to the Alola Forms of the Kanto Pokémon. It makes sense for Ash to want to learn more about these new versions of the Pokémon from his home region. If that's the reason he's going to school and it's not a point of regression into a newbie like BW, then I'll be okay with the school concept just as long as it doesn't last the entire series.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Well, no disrespect to you, but if it comes from an unreliable website that's been known to get information wrong. Then why even post it and get people's hopes up? The fact that they say that all the episodes air on different dates is a red flag to me
Because more often than not, they're right. I think I've only seen one pair of fake titles there in the last few years and that's it. So with this being a high possibility, especially since we should be getting titles soon, since the first two episodes will air in just over a week, I don't see the problem in posting them. And if they're fake, then it'll be deleted or closed. Also, it now seems like the dates might not be wrong. SM003 appears to be the Rotom Pokedex episode and we just don't have titles for SM002 and Sm004, which both air with Sm001 and Sm003 respectively.

Last edited:

JacobYBM

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Weird, Asada Yuuji and Iwane Masa'aki are working with other animators now. I wonder if they'll go back to their usual routine soon?

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Serebii says it's legit, and also a hour long special

jonathan keller

Reaction score
Because more often than not, they're right. I think I've only seen one pair of fake titles there in the last few years and that's it. So with this being a high possibility, especially since we should be getting titles soon, since the first two episodes will air in just over a week, I don't see the problem in posting them. And if they're fake, then it'll be deleted or closed. Also, it now seems like the dates might not be wrong. SM003 appears to be the Rotom Pokedex episode and we just don't have titles for SM002 and Sm004, which both air with Sm001 and Sm003 respectively.
Well, you're lucky. Serebii just confirmed it.

Gard81

Reaction score
And so it begins. And apparently it's a one-hour special. Still not looking forward to its more gag-inclined premise, especially since Satoshi's "funny" faces will more likely haunt my nightmares. But in order to make a full opinion, I guess seeing the first episode is a must. Really not feeling it will live up to the excitement that was the first XY episode, but I trust it will not be boring at least.

Arceus the Dragon

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Ash probably won't catch a new pokemon here. Just a standard start-off episode for the region and series.

HenryBeatz

Reaction score
What about SM2? :(

Hey but this looks like a nice introduction for the Alola saga, can't wait to see Ash ready for his new adventure. :)

Peppermint Phoenix

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
Summary for the episode from Dephender:

Ash and Pikachu have gone on a trip to the Alola region, which is overflowing with abundant nature! After having encountered Pokémon that have their own Alola forms, the excited Ash then hears there is a "Pokémon School" there where you can learn about Pokémon, and wants to enroll!
So he does this school thing on a goddamn whim? Well in this case I can't see it lasting too long then.

Necrozma

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
Episode 2 title was revealed.

Enter the Guardian Deity Tapu Koko! Let Us Attempt To Master Our Z-Move!!

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Well, you're lucky. Serebii just confirmed it.
Couple things. 1. Serebii isn't always a reliable source. 2. I'm not lucky, because if these titles were wrong, it's not like I acted as if they were definitly real, since I EXPLICITLY explained that these titles were not confirmed.

Galar Adventurer

Credit for avatar artwork goes to Masaaki Iwane
Reaction score
The English version of this episode and episode 2 will be airing on CiTV on November 20, 2016 along with SM002.
The dub name for the new series is Pokémon the Series: Sun and Moon.
Source: TV Guide | What's on TV - ITV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.