• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM001: Alola! The Starting Island, the Starter Pokémon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
English version, does that mean it's official that the US will also a preview as well probably?

In the games, the school is mandatory before you do island challenge. And other trial captains are students too. And also, the school ends if you have beaten all the four trainers of the school and then their teacher. So at least this school thing will lead to the trials.

The VA list for SM001 and SM002.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Turtonator: Kenta Miyake

Bounsweet: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

Togedemaru: Mika Kanai

Rockruff: Megumi Hayashibara

Litten: Chinami Nishimura

Principal Oak: Unshō Ishizuka

Delia Ketchum: Masami Toyoshima

Team Skull Grunt 1: Takaaki Uchino

Team Skull Grunt 2: Sōshirō Hori

Team Skull Grunt 3: Madoka Asahina

Driver: Kazuya Saji

Mr. Mime: Yūji Ueda

Here is a new summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.
While on a trip, Ash and Pikachu have come to the Alola region, which is abundant with nature! There are Pokémon forms they've never seen before there! They also visit the Pokémon School, a school where you can learn about Pokémon. Ash is ecstatic over how everything is so new to him here. And what awaits him next is...?

Here is another new summary, which Locormus from Serebii Forums translated from a French TV guide.
It's a wonderful journey, on the Melemele Island, in the Alola Region. Ash and his mother are on a vacation with Pikachu and Mr. Mime and there are exciting moments. Our heroes are fascinated by all the new Pokémon and during their adventures are led by the cousin of Professor Oak, Samuel Oak, the principal of the Pokémon School. The school grounds are large and beautiful, and the student body are accompanied by Pokémon! While in the company of his new friend Lillie and Professor Kukui, Ash wants to know more about the Alola Region and its traditions, and his interest spikes. When the vacation is over, and his mom goes through the baggages, he decides to enroll in the Pokémon School.

So they really were on a short vacation, only that Ash's on a long term vacation

So Team Rocket doesn't appear in the first episode. That's a new one. Instead, Ash is going to be facing the Team Skull grunts. And if they are anything like the games, they are going to be very hilarious to watch.

I almost feel sorry for Jessie, James and Meowth. Before, they had the villain focus all to themselves from the beginning to the near climax, and remain consistently comedic (except BW) to justify their constant presence. Now, they are losing ground in those two aspects thanks to Team Skull.

Omg the title card is SO CUUUTE
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that. Now I want to see what the title card for the actual episode looks like. The one that is shown after the Opening.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that. Now I want to see what the title card for the actual episode looks like. The one that is shown after the Opening.
Me too (especially after XY's fab ones) and the eyecatches also and the post-episode segments!

Couple things. 1. Serebii isn't always a reliable source. 2. I'm not lucky, because if these titles were wrong, it's not like I acted as if they were definitly real, since I EXPLICITLY explained that these titles were not confirmed.
Why are you getting all defensive? Is it illegal to ask you for a source on important information such as this. Not calling you a liar, just wondering why you posted information from an unreliable website. But they're confirmed so we're good

Thanksfully the brits will get this in english....now if only we had an idea if this would drop early in English

It's official, I fully warmed up to Pokemon Sun and Moon anime. X3

I think I would like the games more than the anime of SM. Whether the first ten episodes live up to expectations is yet to be determined.

I'm glad to see Litten on the VA list!! I think Litten is going to hang about for some episodes as wild, and Ash captures it later, like Oshawott. I'm looking forward to Litten's part of the episode.

So, the new preview kinda confirmed Ash getting Rowlet and that Nurse Joy's partner this time is Comfey, plus Team Rocket confirmed for SM002

So, the new preview kinda confirmed Ash getting Rowlet and that Nurse Joy's partner this time is Comfey, plus Team Rocket confirmed for SM002

Well I wouldn't say it's confirmed yet, but it is likely and I think Nurse Joy's Pokemon was confirmed in that recent magazine scan where it was shown with a Nurse Joy hat. Also, in the image where Togedemaru was shown running on that running wheel, you can see the Pikachu that Sophocles has in his official artwork. It seems to be getting power from Togedemaru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom