• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM001: Alola! The Starting Island, the Starter Pokémon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preview
- Ash and Pikachu look out the window of the plane that they are flying in.
- Lana and her Popplio laugh at something.
- Tapu Koko flies through the air.
- Mallow looks back after her Tauros knocks Ash while she rides the Tauros.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpLevihkVh4

I'm really curious what is being said in this preview. And I hope we get more promos like these that have the characters talking with one another. I'd even like to imagine they're reacting to the clips like us.

REALLY?!

He has a Pikachu? Interesting... Can we guess where this is heading?

No, not really and what do you mean? I was referring to the little toy/invention that he had in the artwork, or whatever that thing is.

a. Damn. I too have seen the preview now and yeah.
b. Lol I have no idea what I'm talking about. I thought you meant he had an actual living and breathing Pikachu.

a. Damn. I too have seen the preview now and yeah.
b. Lol I have no idea what I'm talking about. I thought you meant he had an actual living and breathing Pikachu.
Nah, I'm sorry. I should have been more clear. I just mentioned it because I'm surprised that the thing in the artwork is actually being used by him.

Also, I found the video Ash dropping off his Pokemon and him arriving in Alola. Also, I like that Ash's Pikachu imitates a Mudkip.

View: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x51tim7_trecho-s-m-001-pokenchi_tv

That's weird, I saw 5 Pokeballs given to Oak when only 3 should have been given, maybe he had other Pokémon on his team for a while

Greninja is released for good. Goodra is possible to return but doubt it. I don't want Ash's Alola team made up with older pokemon. One good part of Kalos was he used just gen 6 pokemon apart from Pikachu. Ash should at least have the decency to have just gen 7 on his team with Pikachu as exception.

Guess this is where some companion gets a starter pokemon.

Greninja is released for good. Goodra is possible to return but doubt it. I don't want Ash's Alola team made up with older pokemon. One good part of Kalos was he used just gen 6 pokemon apart from Pikachu. Ash should at least have the decency to have just gen 7 on his team with Pikachu as exception.

Guess this is where some companion gets a starter pokemon.
That one clip of the first episode of Sun&Moon already shows the release of Greninja is not, in fact, for good. Ash is clearly shown giving Oak 5 Pokeballs. Shouldn't that be 4, if Greninja WAS released for good?

Aww, Delia, Ash and Mimey excited for their arrival to Alola :) It seems Greninja and Goodra were not released and lol at haters thinking S&M was some sort of spin-off, continuity for the win!

That one clip of the first episode of Sun&Moon already shows the release of Greninja is not, in fact, for good. Ash is clearly shown giving Oak 5 Pokeballs. Shouldn't that be 4, if Greninja WAS released for good?
That was an error on the writers part. We don't another Charizard scenario where it comes to steal the spotlight of his current pokemon like Charizard did in Johto and others. I don't see Greninja returning.

That was an error on the writers part. We don't another Charizard scenario where it comes to steal the spotlight of his current pokemon like Charizard did in Johto and others. I don't see Greninja returning.
Just to ask, but what makes you so certain that it is an error made by the writers? The possibility of it being a hint of Greninja's return later on in the Sun&Moon anime does exist. Unless, of course, you've got something that definitively proves it's not a valid possibility.

Just to ask, but what makes you so certain that it is an error made by the writers? The possibility of it being a hint of Greninja's return later on in the Sun&Moon anime does exist. Unless, of course, you've got something that definitively proves it's not a valid possibility.
Greninja had it's purpose in Kalos so there is no reason for it to be in Alola. Who wants an older pokemon ruining the development of Ash's current pokemon he would have anyway? Greninja is done and gone.

Greninja had it's purpose in Kalos so there is no reason for it to be in Alola. Who wants an older pokemon ruining the development of Ash's current pokemon he would have anyway? Greninja is done and gone.
We have no way of knowing for certain whether or not Greninja really is done and gone. After all, its job of destroying those plants isn't going to last forever. Once that's done, it could return to Ash. After all, Ash never actually released Greninja from its Pokeball in that episode. To me, at least, with that in mind, the fact that Ash gave 5 Pokeballs to Oak clearly hints at Greninja's return in Sun&Moon.

We have no way of knowing for certain whether or not Greninja really is done and gone. After all, its job of destroying those plants isn't going to last forever. Once that's done, it could return to Ash. After all, Ash never actually released Greninja from its Pokeball in that episode. To me, at least, with that in mind, the fact that Ash gave 5 Pokeballs to Oak clearly hints at Greninja's return in Sun&Moon.
I doubt it. The only way I see an older pokemon returning is when Ash challenges the Elite 4 and champion or takes on Battle Tree. That is not a hint to me and never will be in my opinion.

I doubt it. The only way I see an older pokemon returning is when Ash challenges the Elite 4 and champion or takes on Battle Tree. That is not a hint to me and never will be in my opinion.
Well, there is no other explanation for Ash giving 5 Pokeballs to Oak. As I said, if Greninja's release was definitive, it should be 4.

Well, there is no other explanation for Ash giving 5 Pokeballs to Oak. As I said, if Greninja's release was definitive, it should be 4.
I still don't buy it. If it was going to return then it should have joined Ash instead of being left in Kalos. Plus it's job may be more than destroying plants. It is likely there to stop another Lysandre scenario from happening or whatever evil comes across the region. I rather Ash develop his gen 7 pokemon at the moment anyway.

I still don't buy it. If it was going to return then it should have joined Ash instead of being left in Kalos. Plus it's job may be more than destroying plants. It is likely there to stop another Lysandre scenario from happening or whatever evil comes across the region. I rather Ash develop his gen 7 pokemon at the moment anyway.

1. Zygarde itself asked for Greninja's help in finding those plants to destroy them.
2. It's specifically for finding those plants that Zygarde asked Greninja to help with. Anything else, they can handle on their own.
3. It's likely that Greninja will only return after Ash's Gen 7 Pokemon have developed.

It is likely there to stop another Lysandre scenario from happening or whatever evil comes across the region.
Who says there will be another Lysander scenario in Kalos? The anime has scenarios like that wherever Ash goes, so there will be a story in the anime. Since it's more likely for something like that to happen in Alola and every other region Ash visits I find it more possible to come back to him to help him in situations like that than staying forever in Kalos in where nothing may happen. Anyway, because I don't want to get out of topic, I can't wait for this episode to come out. I wanna see how are they gonna handle the whole vacation turns to school thing and how Ash is going to meet everyone else.

Can we please stop talking about Gekkouga's release? I appreciate there's still people sore over it, but there's other threads for that.

As for Satoshi depositing five Monster Balls, he could have easily have been rotating Pokemon in his party during his extended stay in Masara Town. It's not like he hasn't done it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom