• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM001: Alola! The Starting Island, the Starter Pokémon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM001: Alola! The Starting Island, the Starter Pokémon!!
Airs: November 17

jczfTx9.jpg

Here is a summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

While on a trip, Ash and Pikachu visit the Alola region. The Alola region, which is overflowing with abundant nature, is filled with unknown, fascinating things like new Pokémon, Pokémon that have taken on unique Alola forms, and more. And after Ash has learned there is a school called the "Pokémon School" there where you can learn about Pokémon, he decides to stay in Alola, move in with the schoolteacher Professor Kukui, and attend the Pokémon School.

Last edited:
Summary for the episode from Dephender:

Ash and Pikachu have gone on a trip to the Alola region, which is overflowing with abundant nature! After having encountered Pokémon that have their own Alola forms, the excited Ash then hears there is a "Pokémon School" there where you can learn about Pokémon, and wants to enroll!

Last edited:
Where is your source?
2ch. They've had real titles posted there without images before and fake ones too. They also say that the four episodes all air on different dates, even though it's been said that there is an hour special for the 17th and 24th, so there should be two episodes each on those days. Unless instead of a second episode on the 17th, it's a special episode and we just haven't heard of it yet.

2ch. They've had real titles posted there without images before and fake ones too. They also say that the four episodes all air on different dates, even though it's been said that there is an hour special for the 17th and 24th, so there should be two episodes each on those days. Unless instead of a second episode on the 17th, it's a special episode and we just haven't heard of it yet.
Well, no disrespect to you, but if it comes from an unreliable website that's been known to get information wrong. Then why even post it and get people's hopes up? The fact that they say that all the episodes air on different dates is a red flag to me

My crappy translation of the summary:

Satoshi and Pikachu have arrived in the Alola region on vacation. Enthralled by the peculiar shape of the Alolan pokemon he meets, he learns about a school that studies Pokemon named Pokemon School, and considers enrolling.

This ep is written by Aya Matsui.
If this is true, then I feel a bit relieved. If the school was Ash's idea, then that makes it less likely for regression. After all, the "peculiar shape" seems to refer to the Alola Forms of the Kanto Pokémon. It makes sense for Ash to want to learn more about these new versions of the Pokémon from his home region. If that's the reason he's going to school and it's not a point of regression into a newbie like BW, then I'll be okay with the school concept just as long as it doesn't last the entire series.

Well, no disrespect to you, but if it comes from an unreliable website that's been known to get information wrong. Then why even post it and get people's hopes up? The fact that they say that all the episodes air on different dates is a red flag to me

Because more often than not, they're right. I think I've only seen one pair of fake titles there in the last few years and that's it. So with this being a high possibility, especially since we should be getting titles soon, since the first two episodes will air in just over a week, I don't see the problem in posting them. And if they're fake, then it'll be deleted or closed. Also, it now seems like the dates might not be wrong. SM003 appears to be the Rotom Pokedex episode and we just don't have titles for SM002 and Sm004, which both air with Sm001 and Sm003 respectively.

Last edited:
Weird, Asada Yuuji and Iwane Masa'aki are working with other animators now. I wonder if they'll go back to their usual routine soon?

Serebii says it's legit, and also a hour long special

Because more often than not, they're right. I think I've only seen one pair of fake titles there in the last few years and that's it. So with this being a high possibility, especially since we should be getting titles soon, since the first two episodes will air in just over a week, I don't see the problem in posting them. And if they're fake, then it'll be deleted or closed. Also, it now seems like the dates might not be wrong. SM003 appears to be the Rotom Pokedex episode and we just don't have titles for SM002 and Sm004, which both air with Sm001 and Sm003 respectively.
Well, you're lucky. Serebii just confirmed it.

And so it begins. And apparently it's a one-hour special. Still not looking forward to its more gag-inclined premise, especially since Satoshi's "funny" faces will more likely haunt my nightmares. But in order to make a full opinion, I guess seeing the first episode is a must. Really not feeling it will live up to the excitement that was the first XY episode, but I trust it will not be boring at least.

Ash probably won't catch a new pokemon here. Just a standard start-off episode for the region and series.

What about SM2? :(

Hey but this looks like a nice introduction for the Alola saga, can't wait to see Ash ready for his new adventure. :)

Summary for the episode from Dephender:

Ash and Pikachu have gone on a trip to the Alola region, which is overflowing with abundant nature! After having encountered Pokémon that have their own Alola forms, the excited Ash then hears there is a "Pokémon School" there where you can learn about Pokémon, and wants to enroll!

So he does this school thing on a goddamn whim? Well in this case I can't see it lasting too long then.

Episode 2 title was revealed.

Enter the Guardian Deity Tapu Koko! Let Us Attempt To Master Our Z-Move!!

Well, you're lucky. Serebii just confirmed it.
Couple things. 1. Serebii isn't always a reliable source. 2. I'm not lucky, because if these titles were wrong, it's not like I acted as if they were definitly real, since I EXPLICITLY explained that these titles were not confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom