• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SM001: Alola! The Starting Island, the Starter Pokémon!!

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Lol, i just stated one up as well, look's like it's gonna be a War of The Threads at this point.

Necrozma

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
Already off to a good start:

- CONTINUITY!!!! In the flashback we see Ash dropping off 5 Pokeballs with Oak - probably the Pokeballs of his Kalos Pokemon. Ash also mentioned his Tauros which is very nice!
- Ash being competent and kicking ass.
- Ash being so entertaining the whole damn time.
- Z-moves looking AMAZING.
- Ash being chosen by Tapu Koko for some reason.

I'm hyped.

Max1996

Brutal Pokémon
Reaction score

- CONTINUITY!!!! In the flashback we see Ash dropping off 5 Pokeballs with Oak - probably the Pokeballs of his Kalos Pokemon. Ash also mentioned his Tauros which is very nice!

I'm hyped.
Me too. :D

jonathan keller

Reaction score
The opening song animation just spoiled ash getting a grubbin. It looks like ash is finally getting another electric type besides pikachu. Yes indeed, the hype is real

The opening song animation may have just spoiled ash getting rockruff, rowlet, and litten as well

SandyBoi

Sand Demon
Reaction score
Do you have a link? I can't seem to find the episode on youtube. I wonder where else we can watch it
The first 1hr special finished like an hr ago. Will have to wait a while before both episodes are out on YT.

I'm hyped.
I know right. I'm enjoying it already :D

Max1996

Brutal Pokémon
Reaction score
The opening song animation just spoiled ash getting a grubbin. It looks like ash is finally getting another electric type besides pikachu. Yes indeed, the hype is real

The opening song animation may have just spoiled ash getting rockruff, rowlet, and litten as well
Why Rockruff?

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Actually, Litten seems to be walking along the walls instead of with the gang. My guess is that unlike the other starters, it's going to remain a wild Pokémon for quite some time.
Yeah, maybe, but Kiawe's Turtonator isn't exactly near him and it might just be more cluttered if if were near Ash. Maybe it's implying that it's wild, but it will later go to Ash.

Necrozma

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
Professor Kukui is there and Rockruff is no where near him in that shot.
Also remember that in the second poster for SM anime, Rockruff is shown with the group's Pokemon and Kukui is nowhere to be seen.

SandyBoi

Sand Demon
Reaction score
Actually, Litten seems to be walking along the walls instead of with the gang. My guess is that unlike the other starters, it's going to remain a wild Pokémon for quite some time.
Yeah I think so too. It may travel alongside them for a while, like Krookodile and then join Ash's team later perhaps.

Jaypom

Reaction score
Also remember that in the second poster for SM anime, Rockruff is shown with the group's Pokemon and Kukui is nowhere to be seen.
Its possible Rockruff is Kukui's but it takes a liking to Ash, if Rockruff is confirmed as Kukui's.