• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM002: The Guardian Deity Kapu-Kokeko Appears! Challenge, Our Z-Move!!

DP262.jpg

I'd ship it.

And now I'm going to forever see Togedemaru as hamster wheel power. I have a Z Ring now, did I mention that? DO NOT DISTURB THE DRAGON. Kukui...what are you up to? That's odd, how could Tapu Koko have given him a crystal that can't handle the awesome bond power?

There's more interesting things going on here than what one would have expected. Team Skull is not playing around and Kukui is very suspicious. The slapstick is what it should be: comic relief. I am intrigued, perhaps I will stick around.

And now I'm going to forever see Togedemaru as hamster wheel power. I have a Z Ring now, did I mention that? DO NOT DISTURB THE DRAGON. Kukui...what are you up to? That's odd, how could Tapu Koko have given him a crystal that can't handle the awesome bond power?

There's more interesting things going on here than what one would have expected. Team Skull is not playing around and Kukui is very suspicious. The slapstick is what it should be: comic relief. I am intrigued, perhaps I will stick around.
i believe kuawei said it's because ash have'nt took proper island challenge, so you can say that he use it illegally

Last edited:
soo... to those who have watched it, is this a new incarnation of Ash or still the badass XY Ash?

soo... to those who have watched it, is this a new incarnation of Ash or still the badass XY Ash?
Ash is definitely enjoying himself more than he did in Kalos and the series is reflecting that by having Ash make lots of expressive faces, however it is still the Ash we know and love: he loves Pokemon, he loves battling and he loves being a trainer.

He once again restates his goal is to be a Pokemon Master and is still super competent - he blows through the Skull grunts with no sweat at all and actually battles Tapu Koko in the second episode on Tapu Koko's request. He masters the Z-move pretty quickly as well. If you want more concrete evidence of it being the same old Ash, he mentions his Tauros and the flashbacks show Ash dropping off 5 Pokeballs at Oak (probably belonging to his Kalos Pokemon, aside from Goodra).

tl;dr

It's still a badass Ash, but not the boring type of badass like he was in XY.

The same Ash. He pulls a lot more comedic faces, but that's probably because there are reasons to pull the faces. He seemed pretty cool when he battled against a Team Skull Grunt and against Tapu Koko.

Ash is definitely enjoying himself more than he did in Kalos and the series is reflecting that by having Ash make lots of expressive faces, however it is still the Ash we know and love: he loves Pokemon, he loves battling and he loves being a trainer.

He once again restates his goal is to be a Pokemon Master and is still super competent - he blows through the Skull grunts with no sweat at all and actually battles Tapu Koko in the second episode on Tapu Koko's request. He masters the Z-move pretty quickly as well. If you want more concrete evidence of it being the same old Ash, he mentions his Tauros and the flashbacks show Ash dropping off 5 Pokeballs at Oak (probably belonging to his Kalos Pokemon, aside from Goodra).

tl;dr

It's still a badass Ash, but not the boring type of badass like he was in XY.

So he didn't take Pikachu's ball then?

The five Poke Balls were most likely Greninja's, Talonflame's, Hawlucha's, Goodra's and Noivern's. I doubt he'd leave Pikachu's Poke Ball with Professor Oak.

it was goodra's ball, he kept it even after he had released goodra.
I don't want to be that one guy, but that for the time being is a theory, we'll have to wait and see if both Goodra and Greninja will eventually return to them, but we'll see, hopefully they will

Lol we all know what happened with Pigeot in Kanto. He was left to clean up Ash's mess from episode one, the excuse being that the other Pokemon need it's protection. lol. We'll probably never see Goodra again, but Greninja will be the new Charizard, showing up whenever they need a badass fight.

I loved this episode. One thing that was a big difference was the lack of extreme drama that often comes in the first two episodes. There was a bit of mystery but also a lot of character building. I also liked that we saw a lot of where Satoshi's personality comes from, seeing his mother and him react similarly to situations.

It was amazing to see Ash learn and gain the Z-Ring from a Pokemon, and I'm hoping we'll get to see that Pokemon later... and maybe why it chose Ash the way it did.

All in all, it makes me excited for this season.

Well, I saw both episodes. Feelings are mixed. On the one hand, it doesn't seem like Satoshi is "fully" reset, so that's good. Battling seems decent as well. On the other hand , still not used to the animation style, and I still cringe when Satoshi makes exaggerate faces, they're not funny and they seem really unnecessary. I did like this whole setup with Tapu Koko and Z-moves, that certainly got me intrigued. Also, no Team Rocket for 2 consecutive episodes, a new record. Overall, I can say that I did enjoy it, at least enough to give it a chance. I'll probably never change my stance on the animation style, but I'll just focus on the good parts.

Didn't BW go more episodes without Team Rocket? I'm pretty sure it did, but I may have forgotten.

I was actually waiting for Team Rocket to show up. I'm wondering why they end up there... lol. I view them as part of the main cast too.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom