• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM003: Hello, Roto, I'm the Rotom Pokédex, Roto!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The VA list for SM003 and SM004.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Principal Oak: Unshō Ishizuka

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rotom Pokédex: Daisuke Namikawa

Bounsweet: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

Togedemaru: Mika Kanai

Litten: Chinami Nishimura

Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara

James: Shin’ichiro Miki

Meowth: Inuko Inuyama

Wobbuffet: Yūji Ueda

Nurse Joy: Risa Shimizu

Giovanni: Kenta Miyake

Anime Cheerleading Head: Abareru

Here are two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Ash and Pikachu's new partner, the Rotom Pokedex, makes its debut!

Ash receives a new Pokedex from Professor Kukui. Incredibly enough, this Pokedex is an amazing Pokedex that can speak human language, called the "Rotom Pokedex". Ash and Pikachu immediately go to the forest with the Rotom Pokedex. Meanwhile, the evil organization known as Team Rocket arrives in the Alola region on orders from their boss Giovanni, and...?

PHEW!

I think I'd have had some sort of psychotic event if the Rockets weren't listed here.

...Could that maybe refer to the ending of Sun&Moon?
Deffo not. We already know that the ending is Pose by Taiiku Okazaki.
Why do I get a feeling when I read its name that this one is gonna take the narrator's place?
Honestly a good shout as it would explain why Unsho Ishizuka is listed as Alola Ookido. Not sure how I feel about Abareru-kun as a new narrator though...

The cheerleader will probably appear in the omake segment at the end of the episode.

I hope the Rotom pokedex won't become annoying throughout the region.

Preview
- The recurring Litten walks towards the Pokemon School and it stops when it sees a Komala on top of a tree.
- Pikachu uses Thunderbolt on the Rotom Pokedex.
- A Bewear carries Jessie and James while it walks through a forest.
- Pikachu battles a Mimikyu in a forest.
- A Rotom flies around the room that Ash and Professor Kukui are in.

Last edited:
And the electrify someone at the beginning of the season lives, only that instead of the female companion, it's the Rotom Pokedex who is technically genderless

So that's how Play Rough looks like

PHEW!

I think I'd have had some sort of psychotic event if the Rockets weren't listed here.

I know what you mean dude.

I'm so hyped for this! Team Rocket not having a good time in Alola and its Pokemon is kinda hilarious. Additional question for Ii Kanji. What do you think of Mimikyu and Bewear and who do you think they'll go to?

What do you think of Mimikyu and Bewear and who do you think they'll go to?
I love both. Initially I liked Mimikyu more (how not?!) but after seeing and, most importantly, hearing Kiteruguma today I've decided I really love them equally!

I wanted Mimikyu for Musashi and Kiteruguma for Kojiro (who doesn't want to see him getting glomped by that monster?!) but I think it's more likely the other way around after @Jez pointed out that Mimikyu was held in the same arm as Kojiro in that one screen cap and tbf I'd be happy with that too!

I think we can safely say that Mimikyu's in the bag now, but there's still a little doubt around Kiteruguma and I desperately hope that it is caught and not just a recurrent gag pokemon as has been hypothesised!

I love both. Initially I liked Mimikyu more (how not?!) but after seeing and, most importantly, hearing Kiteruguma today I've decided I really love them equally!

I wanted Mimikyu for Musashi and Kiteruguma for Kojiro (who doesn't want to see him getting glomped by that monster?!) but I think it's more likely the other way around after @Jez pointed out that Mimikyu was held in the same arm as Kojiro in that one screen cap and tbf I'd be happy with that too!

I think we can safely say that Mimikyu's in the bag now, but there's still a little doubt around Kiteruguma and I desperately hope that it is caught and not just a recurrent gag pokemon as has been hypothesised!

I too absolutely hope it's not a case of the ''Snubbull''. I think Bewear fits both Jessie and James, but I think Mimikyu fits better with James. It wants a trainer that loves it and James is the most loving man on the Pokemon planet. Besides I can really see Mimikyu being Meowth's third arm behind Wobbuffet in Pikachu shorts and similar things and I'd like to think they wouldn't give both of those spots to Jessie's Pokemon while overshadowing James.

I can't wait to see the thir and fourth episodes, I Really want to see them, and Glad That The next week will be about special 1 hour also, Really Glad Because I cn't stop, put my hand in my face, and wait until the next week

Is that the new TR motto music playing in the preview? I like it, seems to have some cues from Danka in it.

What a nice surprise! After today's episode, in which they didn't appear (I was waiting for the 17th November hoping that by this day I would know the fate of Inkay and Gourgeist and stuff about their motto), it's nice to have this preview, and that background music is really intriguing!
It does have some clues from Danka, so I also wonder if that is the new motto music. Though it is somewhat different from previous motto themes (it is not as "blasting" as previous ones), so I wonder if maybe the original motto is gone and they are getting a new motto. Though I don't think that the Kanto motto wouldn't fit with this BGM, but it would have a different feeling - as if the heroes were appearing! And I don't dislike that.

If it is the motto music, it's like a halfway point between Danka and the Sinnoh theme (which imo was the least bombastic out of them all), it has really similar instrumentation to the Sinnoh one. After listening to it again I think that while it's almost definitely Team Rocket-related it might not be the motto theme, it seems too lighthearted. Though if it is I agree, they're probably going to have a new motto. I just hope the full Kalos motto theme shows up at some point!! At this point they have the Unova, Kalos, remastered Sinnoh, and Alola motto themes as well as Danka (and that's just from after the BGM reboot), they have so much variety to pick from I hope it's not like XY where the same 2 tracks were almost always used in battles against them.

But regardless of the music I just hope they don't rely too much on stock animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom