• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM005: Ashimari, Give it Your bALLoon!

Today's episode was interesting. I would like to say how fast was Bewear to catch TR Trio, it appeared from nowhere. Ash imaging about catching Kyogre was priceless. Slowpoke caught a Sharpedo instead of Shellder since Slowpoke needs a Shellder to evolve into a Slowbro, it's still funny. This episode was all about Lana and her Popllio, it turned out in the flashback that she rescued it from the Team Skull.There is a new segment that replaced holo caster and PokeTV, it's called "Poke Question" that appears at the beginning of the show and at the end of episode. This segment made its debut in SM003-004 as a one hour special.

Welp, the summaries and preview implied this to be a pretty boring episode and well... it was. Some good moments here and there, but nothing really interesting happened and overall probably the worst SM episode so far. Hard to believe this was written by Tomioka. Next week looks even worse. Hopefully things pick up a bit with the Litten ep.

Welp, the summaries and preview implied this to be a pretty boring episode and well... it was. Some good moments here and there, but nothing really interesting happened and overall probably the worst SM episode so far. Hard to believe this was written by Tomioka. Next week looks even worse. Hopefully things pick up a bit with the Litten ep.
You just don't know how it tastes when it comes to an episode that's being boring and worse. It was a little boring, but still worst.

PROS:
-Popplio has a backstory. It seemed real reminiscent to Ash's Lapras in a way
-TR Balloon finally reappears since XYZ!
-Slowpoke catching a Sharpedo caught me there; I thought it was a regular Shellder!

CONS:
-Too slow paced
-Lack of Pokèpuns
-Lack of adorable Litten
-Felt more or less like a filler if you don't include the backstory

THOUGHTS:
-How did Bewear not only RUN THROUGH THE OCEAN, but at the speed of Ash-Greninja? Jesus Christ.

-Will blasting off just not show up again? If not then that's too bad. It grew on me.

-If Popplio can create bubbles that big, then just imagine how much destruction it can cause...

SCORE:
6.5/10

I loved how Bewear appeared out of nowhere and grabbed TR! I was wondering how would they "blast off" this episode, since it seemed impossible for Bewear to grab them since they were by the sea. But somehow it was possible and it was funny! I don't mind if blasting off gets replaced for "Bewear off" as long as the writers keep it funny and a bit non-sense.

This show is WAY different to see once you've been through the game. So we see Lana's siblings. I don't know if those pokemon on their shirts are the same ones they send out in the game, it's been a while since I fought them.

The Bewear gag is amazing---I thought that's what the writers had planned, but I didn't think they'd ramp up the absurdity of it this fast.

I guess he won't actually be caught by Team Rocket like people thought though. I'd like to see James get a Dhelmise then.

THOUGHTS:
-How did Bewear not only RUN THROUGH THE OCEAN, but at the speed of Ash-Greninja? Jesus Christ.
Emphasis on what I bolded 'cause you just answered your own question. :p

This show is WAY different to see once you've been through the game. So we see Lana's siblings. I don't know if those pokemon on their shirts are the same ones they send out in the game, it's been a while since I fought them.
I wanna say they had a Luvdisc and Corsola in the games? Can't quite remember.

Love all those custom lures everyone had, Kiawe's in particular.

So Lillie's got a Clefairy lure and ended up fishing up a Milotic. Hm, interesting.

Wow, I don't think it's a filler at all. In fact, it's a really fun episode! I like Popplio's backstory, I was relieved when Lana saved it from Team Skull and took them in. Also, the Bewear gag, I was LOL when it ran through the water just to snatch Team Rocket (again).

BTW, has anyone seen Lapras's face when Pikachu accidentally shocked everyone in Lana's house?

The episode has some funny parts such as Lana's sisters stealing Pikachu and teased him to the point where he shocks everyone and Lapras looks at the house wondering what's going on. I'm starting to like the Bewear stealing Team Rocket gag since it's funny that he comes out of nowhere and then steals them while avoiding all kinds of logic such as running on water.

I actually quite liked this episode. It was a nice introduction to Lana who reminds me of Mizuno Ami. She's so cute in my opinion. I find myself thinking of this season as an innocent harem. Lol.

Bewear is amazing. Running on water to save the TRio has to be one of the most ridiculous scenes ever, in the best way possible. His children were endangered by those pesky children and Pikachu so he had to come and save them.

The Litten scene after the ending credits was hilarious. It's such a typical cat, scratching the water bubble then running off after getting wet.

Next week's episode looks like it'll be much more fast paced and interesting to watch.

Did anything even happen?

I was so bored watching this.

Lana was cute I suppose, and they rehashed and condensed the abused fire starter story with Popplio.

Also Lana lives on Melemele island now? First Lillie, now Lana. All the game stuff is getting thrown out the window I see.

I think it's an episode that would be better appreciated once either subbed or dubbed. Because it wasn't a physical episode with tons of things going on, it was more about developing the characters through their interactions.

No comments about Satoshi being Suiren's BOYFRIENDO? Guys, you have dropped the ball here. I was expecting it to be a named and anointed ship by now.

I loved this episode. I love water pokemon, I love Suiren, I love how relaxed and happy Satoshi & Pikachu are and I love the slice-of-life format. I am 100% on board with Suiren's dream (who wouldn't want to roam the depths of the ocean in a giant bubble?)

My thoughts as Mokuroh Leafage'd the balloon: "I guess the Kiteruguma gag is over before it even bega- WHAT THE EFF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Lol I loved so hard at that moment. Haha... Her little sisters asking about her relationship with Satoshi was great and their evil looks when they were bothering Pikachu. I didn't mention that in my original review?

Hard to believe this was written by Tomioka.

IMO the flashback felt Tomioka and the battling was more tactical than the average TR fight. Pikachu jumping off/riding on Rotom was a nice touch.

The Bewear gag pretty much made the episode for me, holy crap.

Overall too slow-paced for my taste but it had good jokes (wtf @ Ash jumping and getting hit by Milotic hahaha) and I like Lana a lot.

Lol Ash trying to be his DP/XYZ-self in a non-dramatic moment, jumping to get to Lillie then getting slammed by Milotic had to be one of the funniest moments this season. Doesn't he know those kind of moments only work in the most dramatic/needs-to-work scenes. haha...

Just ask Usagi Tsukino... she'd tell you.

Edit:

The subbed episode is out now. People may enjoy it more with an understanding of what's being said.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom