• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM007: The Vagabond in the Market, Nyabby!

I really loved this episode's plot! I really liked the explanation behind Litten's behaviour, and made it more than passing off it as the species' usual behaviour, or the same abandoned story again. The episode really held me at times, specially during Litten's nightmare. You could just feel Litten's emotions at the time (I watched the episode without Subtitles and was able to make out everything).

The only negative point was the animation. I really don't care about the animation most times, but even I could feel it (And I'm not exactly stellar in the field). I really hated how stiffly persian's movements were animated.

Overall, a 99.5/10 for this episode. I don't care too much about animation, so I decided to deduct only 0.5 or that.
(And 10 instead of hundred isn't a typo. I just liked the episode enough to give it 99.5 out of 10.)

I actually like how Sun and Moon looks mainly, but this episode just looked ugly---very ugly. I realize it's a weekly show but this reminded me of how bad it could get during Advanced and DP, I don't recall any episode of BW or XY dipping this low. The animation didn't seem as "fun" either, no crazy faces this time around and the way everyone moved felt choppy. It legitimately bothered me and greatly decreased the enjoyment of an otherwise decent plot.

Thankfully next week looks far better, but I guess the downside of the new style is unlike how "nice" XY was with SM's more loose style episodes that don't have the budget stick out more.

I've finally got around to watching this episode after a hectic week that stressed me out to my limit. Personally, I loved the episode. Persian had a few static moments, but I thought it worked well with its cunning personality. Nyababy's pokedex entry made this pokemon's arc very understandable for why they're taking the long route with this Pokemon. It doesn't trust easily and can take awhile to build it with Nyabby.

Despite many complaining about the art, it was one of my favorites in terms of character designs. Animation-wise, they seemed to be saving a bit of money on this episode.

Nyabby and it's relationship with the older Pokemon was quite well done. I felt for it. With this series and not minding death, I'm sure that soon Stoutland will not last long.

Satoshi and his revenge plan was hilarious to me. Kakui-hakase's reaction to Satoshi's sad sandwich story was funny in every kind of way. "Just make another one." For Satoshi, though, that was his "precious" sandwich. Kiawe, not understanding the situation, was also hilarious upon seeing him chasing the injured Pokemon. "Is this his revenge?"

Capturing Nyabby on this episode would've felt forced and would've ruined the entire thing for me. I like that they're developing their friendship before the capture.

This was probably one of my favorite episodes of this season.

Well, right off the bat I see that Alolan Persian is still as much of an asshat as regular Persian is. I have to wonder if its trainer lady even knows that its 'roamings' are dedicated to making life miserable for the town's other wild/stray Pokies.

I actually had to google 'what is a croquette sandwich' to know what that even was. Anyway, I see Ash's classmates are back. (Yay!) I thought it was funny how Mallow and Lana cooed over how cute Litten is when it walks up to you to get food, and Ash is just like 'Imma get revenge!' Nice to see that Kukui is teaching Ash about cleaning products as they are out shopping. Pay attention, Ash. Maybe Kukui will be nice at some point during your stay and show you how to boil water. From there, you can move on to making toast in a toaster. *snerk*

I see Litten is apparently going to be yet another fire starter that has a sad back story of some kind. I am hoping we will get the full run down of how Stoutland and Litten came to be together. I have a sinking feeling that that poor Stoutland is going to have to pass away before it will be 'free' to join Ash's team. And then, it will have yet more emotional baggage to carry around with it. I thought it was weird that they kept playing Meloetta's song over their scenes.

The scenes where Ash does a 180 regarding his feelings toward Litten is pretty much on par with how we've seen him behave over the years. The misfortunes of any Pokie seem to wash away whatever affront he feels he has suffered from them. So I wasn't surprised to see his stubborn streak, in this respect, surface and him take charge of Litten receiving care whether it wanted it or not. And Pikachu jumping in there as well to help out was just great. Gotta give the little mouse credit. Litten in the collar was just funny, as was it slamming into the fence bars while trying to escape. I think Kiawe must have thought that Ash was the one who injured Litten and then was running after it to get even more revenge on it.

The scenes with them all at home were just too sweet. Sleepy Ash opening the door to let Litten out and then realizing what he'd done was hilarious.
Okay, does that trainer lady not ever lock that stinkin' Persian up? Cripes, that thing just lives to torment other Pokies doesn't it? I like how Ash bent down and talked to Stoutland and explained what had happened. Now that he sees the situation, he has gained some understanding about Litten's circumstances and has backed off of any further action toward it.

Persian's marching/strutting in front of everyone was kinda weird, I thought. Although I guess maybe it was just trying to seem intimidating. I don't know what Stoutland said to Litten, but that fireball was something else. It's a shame that Stoutland & Litten left the house and moved. I wonder did they do that because of Persian knowing where it was? Or because of Ash knowing where it was? I thought it was nice that Ash went back to that old lady at the market to talk to her about what happened. It's a shame Litten backed away and took a defensive stance when it saw Ash. I guess what happened didn't make much of an impression on it.

I liked this episode a lot more than the previous one. I thought this was very informative about what's going on with Litten.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom