• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM008: Who'll Be in Charge of the Egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES, it does. It goes from main characters, to the main Pokemon then Team Rocket, to their Pokemon, to other characters and other Pokemon. And no, the less I post of his stuff the better this site is. Mine is better than his, without question.
I'm sure I'm not the only person here who hugely appreciates you posting the info here so we don't have to make those extra clicks to PM/Serebii. But this is starting to sound unreasonable... Adamant is "only" translating - the info and order in which it is presented comes directly from source, so I don't see what benefit there is to modifying that.

I can make no comment about your reordering rationale except that it is patently wrong as per the episode credits.
The order of a VA list is a minor thing.
Not to me it isn't :p

Dephender/Adamant has been very rude to Playerking over the years, so there is some bad blood there.

Let's just leave it at that and move on.

No offense, but you don't get to say that if you use his translations. The order of a VA list is a minor thing.
Um, yeah I do. And I only use them because it's the fastest access. If I could I would use another one and a better one, I would a better one. Besides that, if the VA list is a minor thing, then who cares what order it's in?

Dephender/Adamant has been very rude to Playerking over the years, so there is some bad blood there.
1. I'm surprised you know this.

2. Rude would be a putting it mildly, but lets just say, the Pope wouldn't forgive me for what I have to say about "him".

Did I miss something? What is this, a war within fandom?
I wouldn't call it a war, but nonetheless, don't worry about it.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm surprised Ash's Rowlet share's it's VA with Jessie and Profesor Kukui's Rockruff.

Who thinks that this is just a normal episode with no capture or new move learnt?

I don't know where this image originally came from, but we now know that the egg Lillie will be taking care of is the one from the Opening.

SM008.png

Preview
- Lillie shows Ash around her house.
- Lillie goes to touch a Pokemon egg, which then moves, so she gets scared.
- The egg is resting on a big pillow and shakes.
- Lillie goes to touch Pikachu, as she acts frightened.
- Ash battles's Lillie's butler with his Rowlet and the butler does some dancing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcziqZDGigI

Then maybe the other egg is to show the difference between the two or they're both the same egg and it changed to a normal Vulpix egg when it went to Kanto and now it has changed to an Alolan Vulpix egg since it's now in Alola.

Then maybe the other egg is to show the difference between the two or they're both the same egg and it changed to a normal Vulpix egg when it went to Kanto and now it has changed to an Alolan Vulpix egg since it's now in Alola.
Or that first egg was just an excuse to send Ash to Alola and will now never be mentioned again (GS Ball). That's just as likely at this point.

Or that first egg was just an excuse to send Ash to Alola and will now never be mentioned again (GS Ball). That's just as likely at this point.
It could be, but I hope not and I'd like to at least believe that they would have learnt their lesson from the GS Ball. So, at the very least, it could just be used as a comparison, because once the egg hatched, and becomes an Alolan Vulpix (which seems likely to me), then Ash could wonder what the other egg hatched into. Then Samson Oak can tell Ash that it hatched into a normal Vulpix, which will teach Ash that even Pokemon eggs can look different, depending on where they come from/live.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Principal Oak: Unshō Ishizuka

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rotom Pokédex: Daisuke Namikawa

Rowlet: Megumi Hayashibara

Bounsweet: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

James: Shinya Fukumatsu (Different James)

Here are two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Could the James be the butler that appeared in the preview? Also, it says that there's pokemon such as Emolga, Cubone, Petilil, Misdreavus, Roggenrola, Boldore, Caterpie, Butterfree, Paras, Parasect, Bonsly, Sudowoodo, Trapinch, Cottonee and Psyduck that appear, although I don't see them at all in the preview, I only saw a wild Salandit, also, about the egg, I think it might of just being plain white in the 1st episode just to trick us

Uguu is an onomatopoeia that related to Moe type anime characters.

Yaaaaas, Pom Pom Oricorio is here! I hope it demolishes Ash's bird:)

I wonder if the egg is actually going to hatch in this episode. It was bouncing around quite a bit. Regardless, hopefully Lillie will get over some of her Poke-fears.

Last edited:
Could the James be the butler that appeared in the preview? Also, it says that there's pokemon such as Emolga, Cubone, Petilil, Misdreavus, Roggenrola, Boldore, Caterpie, Butterfree, Paras, Parasect, Bonsly, Sudowoodo, Trapinch, Cottonee and Psyduck that appear, although I don't see them at all in the preview, I only saw a wild Salandit, also, about the egg, I think it might of just being plain white in the 1st episode just to trick us
Yeah, that could be James. Also, those Pokemon are shown in the extra 10 seconds of the preview, where the show's sponsors are also shown, but that section is never uploaded officially. Try checking filb's preview of it, they show the full previews whenever they can.
Yaaaaas, Pom Pom Oricorio is here! I hope it demolishes Ash's bird:)

Blasphemy! How dare you want that cinnamon roll to be hurt.

The preview narrations are getting more and more non-sequitur as time goes on... thumbs up from me!

James looks amazing. Who is animating this episode?

Have we seen the case used for the first egg?

Edit: Yes, we have. It's pretty lazy that it looks exactly the same even though this second egg is said to be from Alola rather than Kanto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom