• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM008: Who'll Be in Charge of the Egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to imagine Lillie living in a mansion after playing the games. I know it's not the same character but the displacement is so weird to me.

It's probably set in a timeline before Lillie steals Cosmog.

This egg pokemon probably goes to some off screen trainer or just stays with the guy.

Probably Vulpix, but the egg shown with Lillie in the opening was not the same egg in the first episode...

Two new summaries translated by Dephender:

Satoshi and the other students at the Pokémon School receive a homework assignment from Principal Okido. The assignment is to raise a Pokémon egg and observe it during the process. Satoshi's classmate Lilie is set to watch over the egg at her house at night, and Satoshi comes along to keep her company. Lilie's house is a huge mansion that also has a battlefield, which makes Satoshi really excited. This leads to him deciding to battle her butler.

-----

Satoshi and his friends have been given the homework assignment of raising and observing an egg discovered at Lanakila Mountain from Pokémon School principal Okido. His classmate Lilie, who can't touch Pokémon, ends up having to take care of it during the night. Satoshi accompanies her to her house, and it turns out to be an extremely huge mansion.

If the egg hatches in this episode then I feel sorry for the other students because they will never get to take care of the egg.

So there are two eggs. Well this one will hatch into alolan vulpix and stay with lillie. The other one I guess will hatch into normal vulpix and maybe these two will become rivals

So there are two eggs. Well this one will hatch into alolan vulpix and stay with lillie. The other one I guess will hatch into normal vulpix and maybe these two will become rivals
Or maybe this one was found where it was, it was taken to Kanto by a researcher and then discovered that it should be taken to Alola to Samson Oak, or this is a different Pokemon egg and the one from the Opening.

If this is the different egg from the first episode and is the same one in the opening, what's going to happen to the first egg?

If this is the different egg from the first episode and is the same one in the opening, what's going to happen to the first egg?
Maybe Lillie gets both, or the egg in the Opening is something she happens to hold while it hatches but it doesn't go to her, kind of like how the Opening also showed Ash catching a Grubbin. So maybe the Opening is just giving there own perspective of what the egg Lillie gets will look like, even though it will still probably be the Vulpix, considering it seems to be with her in the series poster.

I feel like its also extremely possible the egg was just to help give reason to go to Alola and will not actually play a part in the anime.

Maybe there is actually three egg?

1. Okido's egg: GS Ball v2.
2. Lillie's normal egg: Vulpix
3. Lillie's shining egg from opening: Cosmog

Ok but the egg in the opening is white and shiny, like an Alolan Vulpix which the promo poster for the series suggested she would have. If the egg in this episode is the same as the one from the opening, its pretty much alolan vulpix and the egg from Oak was just a thing to add to the reason for coming to Alola.

Wait, so there's an egg that was found on Mount Lanakila? I wonder what happened with Oak's egg then. I was certain that egg would have been the one they were watching.

At least it's looking for likely that this is the A-Vulpix egg.

I honestly forgot about the egg from the first episode (they never really talked about it again...).

It'll probably be mentioned again in this episode, then be used as a plot for later.

Alolan Vulpix is found on Mount Lanakila, so the Egg mentioned in the summary does almost definitely contain Lillie's Alolan Vulpix. While the Egg that was given to Ash vaguely looked like a regular Vulpix Egg like it was shown in the anime before, I thought it was weird this Egg had a different color as Alolan Vulpix. It's a complete mystery what the first Egg could be now. It doesn't look like it could contain a Cosmog, as Eggs in the anime always have a certain pattern or color reminiscent of the Pokémon inside.

Hopefully the first Egg at least gets mentioned again in this episode, it would make sense with the focus on Eggs.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Principal Oak: Unshō Ishizuka

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rotom Pokédex: Daisuke Namikawa

Rowlet: Megumi Hayashibara

Bounsweet: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

James: Shinya Fukumatsu (Different James)

Here are two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Let's all raise a Pokémon egg together! It gets decided that the egg will be kept at Lillie's house at night, but since Lillie can't touch Pokémon, she appears to be rather uneasy about this. And when Ash looks at her, he...?!

Principal Oak tells Ash and his friends to raise and observe an egg. However, it's decided that the egg will be kept at Lillie's house at night! Satoshi accompanies her to her house, and is shocked when he sees how big it is! It even has a garden where Pokémon play, as well as a battlefield! An impressed Ash decides to battle Lillie's butler!

@Playerking. Dude. Your reordering of the names makes NO sense when Pikachu ends up 9th in the billing order! Can you not just copy & paste whatever Adamant posts directly?

Hark at the irony of a butler called James.

@Playerking. Dude. Your reordering of the names makes NO sense when Pikachu ends up 9th in the billing order! Can you not just copy & paste whatever Adamant posts directly?

YES, it does. It goes from main characters, to the main Pokemon then Team Rocket, to their Pokemon, to other characters and other Pokemon. And no, the less I post of his stuff the better this site is. Mine is better than his, without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom