• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM008: Who'll Be in Charge of the Egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The preview narrations are getting more and more non-sequitur as time goes on... thumbs up from me!

James looks amazing. Who is animating this episode?
Maiko Katsuki and Satoshi Murata. Maiko seems to be pretty new to Pokemon, but Satoshi was an animation director for SM001 and SM002.

Have we seen the case used for the first egg?

Edit: Yes, we have. It's pretty lazy that it looks exactly the same even though this second egg is said to be from Alola rather than Kanto.

Maybe it's same egg after all? Found on Alola, send to Okido for research, then send back.

I think having Lillie in this episode and the whole series is pointless. She is not a trainer and too scared around pokemon.

And people said the egg wouldn't contain an Alolan Vupix :rolleyes:

I'm more excited for Ash's battle with Lillie's butler, though. It's his first proper match since arriving in the Alola region and we get to see Rowlet in action!

I think having Lillie in this episode and the whole series is pointless. She is not a trainer and too scared around pokemon.

So, if a character isn't a trainer, their entire existence is pointless? A narrative full of only one type of character with no personal hurdles, such as her fear of Pokemon to overcome would be rather dull, in my opinion.

So, if a character isn't a trainer, their entire existence is pointless? A narrative full of only one type of character with no personal hurdles, such as her fear of Pokemon to overcome would be rather dull, in my opinion.
Agreed, you don't have to be a Pokemon Trainer to be important to the series.

I don't think she is that inportant to the show.

I don't think she is that inportant to the show.

We're less than 10 episodes into a series that is likely to span into the hundreds and she has yet to even get a focus episode, like they seem to be giving to the primary cast. Personally, I think writing off her worth entirely to the show at this point is rather premature.

We're less than 10 episodes into a series that is likely to span into the hundreds and she has yet to even get a focus episode, like they seem to be giving to the primary cast. Personally, I think writing off her worth entirely to the show at this point is rather premature.
Especially since Mallow, Sophocles and Kiawe didn't receive such episodes yet (That I Know of) and this one might be Lillie's

Pokenchi Preview
- As Lillie goes to reach out one of her hands to touch Pikachu's head, Pikachu sticks his head forward to touch her hand and Lillie gets frightened.
- Lillie says something in a determined voice.
- A Salandit jumps at LIllie and she jumps towards the egg, protecting it from the Pokemon.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Le-gxQ4kGQ

Why on Earth would Pikachu press his head against Lillie's hand like that when he knows about her fear? That was so ooc...

To grow as a character/person, you've got to confront your fears! People can't remain scared forever, it would make sense for Pikachu to assist her on her way to becoming a more well rounded person; he's nice like that.

To grow as a character/person, you've got to confront your fears! People can't remain scared forever, it would make sense for Pikachu to assist her on her way to becoming a more well rounded person; he's nice like that.
Yeah, Lillie might not even have gone through with it if Pikachu didn't help out. Pikachu was just giving it that extra little push, too bad it backfired though.

Lillie is vary brave protecting the egg from a Slandit that would most likely eat it.

Scaring her even further isn't a good way to help her confront her fears. He should have let her go at her own pace like he's done with other Pokemon fearful characters before. It seemed really out of character for him to do something like that.

Scaring her even further isn't a good way to help her confront her fears. He should have let her go at her own pace like he's done with other Pokemon fearful characters before. It seemed really out of character for him to do something like that.
Well, he did lose against a beginner's Snivy before, even after all his experiences, so you can blame the writers.

Then again since Ash is his trainer, he can be shown to being impulsive sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom