• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM008: Who'll Be in Charge of the Egg?

I have been pretty neutral about Lillie till now, but how could you not feel all warm and fuzzy when she hugged the egg?!

Mao also I've been a bit apathetic towards but I dunno... she's just such a nice person and genuinely doesn't seem to play favourites!

Yatomori coming for that egg, presumably with the intention of eating it, was scary as hell. Props to the anime for pushing the boat out about horrible things like this, last episode's death dream .etc.

I really enjoyed this episode. Probably the most well-written episode of this season. Lillie, Mao, and James were really awesome. Random but I really love Rotem saying, "I'm not a normal pokedex, I'm a Rotem dex!" when Satoshi was trying to convince her to be able to touch him. lol. I kinda miss TRio, but this episode would've not worked with them in it.

Mao is so sweet in how she tries to have Lillie very involved in everything.

Can't wait for the next episode in two weeks since the show said it'll be taking a break next week.

I know this is minor but did anyone notice the car's steering wheel is in the left side. This hasn't been done in Unova and Kalos despite being based on places that have the driver's seat on the left.
Interesting that it wasn't in Unova, considering both Unova and Alola are based on states in the US. Most cars in the US have the steering wheel on the left side.

I was hoping the Salandit was working for Team Skull, I want to see more of them.

Glad to see they didn't nerf Ash's battling skill again (I doubted they would but confirmation is nice), I thought it was weird how Oricorio's dance affected Ash though.

The pacing of this one seemed a bit odd to me but overall I liked it.

I was hoping the Salandit was working for Team Skull, I want to see more of them.

Glad to see they didn't nerf Ash's battling skill again (I doubted they would but confirmation is nice), I thought it was weird how Oricorio's dance affected Ash though.

The pacing of this one seemed a bit odd to me but overall I liked it.

Well it was aimed at him.

I know people say a lot about Best Wishes/Black & White but one good thing that really came out of it was proof to the animators that they DON'T need to cram Team Rocket in every episode. The trio is always nice but it's equally nice to have episodes without staple pointless battles against them that give more time for battles, region exploring, and character development. It's one of the things that worked so well in X&Y because when the trio did show up it usually felt welcome since there'd be an episode or two often enough without them. Best Wishes was a major experimental point in the franchise to break the usual formula before that and I think it paid off well on a number of fronts. We're once again in an experimental phase without gym battles and though I still have my criticisms and would like to see a lot more region exploring, this episode and last episode I feel are on the right track.

A few others mentioned this but the animation and art were a huge step up. If all episodes can stay around this quality I think I can get used to the new designs.

This was a fun episode. Lillie was adorable and it was good to see her able to hold the egg in the end. I half expected her to be like "WAAAH" *faints/flings egg*. Also, I was hoping that we would have an eggspert who would have an idea of what kind of egg that is, thank you @Alola. I wonder if that pokemon will be what helps her regain her memory.

When I saw salandit I was hoping for Team Skull too, but oh well. The battle was good although I think James was the highlight for me. He initially seemed kind of reserved so I was not expecting that from him :LOL:.

Unless the way it is said kills this thought, I could see the title fitting if it was meant to be a "wait, who?" type of question.

Hi, Lumisine and Gradius! Really didn't expect you so soon! :D/:eek:

I know it's just a picture, but at least we have confirmation they exist instead of spending about a year wondering. At least this means they'll show up sooner or later.

Last edited:
Lillie is nothing more than a spoiled rich girl.

Imagine if she wasn't so fortunate to live in a mansion with butlers coddling her at home and ash and co to enable her childish whims at school.

That fear of pokemon would go right out the window.

Another thing I thought that is pretty interesting is that Lillie had that battlefield in her backyard made specifically for Ash due to his love for battling. That's pretty generous, and heartwarming, considering they've met only recently. It also makes me wonder if battles/training at Lillie's mansion will become a recurring thing.

I'm pretty sure James just says that they're tending to the battlefield, and since Ash happens to be there, Lillie tells him he can use it to battle.

I'm pretty sure James just says that they're tending to the battlefield, and since Ash happens to be there, Lillie tells him he can use it to battle.
He does say that. However, he fully says they're tending to it for Ash to use. Given that and Lillie's comment after, it appears the battlefield is seeing renovation period because of Ash. However, I admit that it's perspective and may well not be the case.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom