• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM010: Will the Z-Move Work! Challenge the Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowlet's definitely not gonna beat Crabrawler, come on now. They can't do that without everyone here calling bullshit. I can see this being all Pikachu.

Nah, I don't think Pikachu should defeat both of them. Plus, Rowlet did pretty well against James's Oricorio and the Yungoos in SM009.

I know it's a bit early in the show, but what if Rowlet evolves during the battle, long shot I know but it can happen

I think one reason for Ash not winning at his grand trial would be that... if he got the Z-crystal, he wouldn't be able to use it. He doesn't have a Pokemon on hand with fighting type moves, assuming his gets the Fightium-Z

I don't understand why not being able to use Fightium-Z would be a reason for Ash losing to Hala. He's not using it right here. Fightium-Z is presumably his reward if he defeats Hala, and the Melemele Stamp, if we go by the games. He doesn't have a Pokemon that can use All-Out Pummeling right now, but I don't see why that's a reason for a loss.

I don't understand why not being able to use Fightium-Z would be a reason for Ash losing to Hala. He's not using it right here. Fightium-Z is presumably his reward if he defeats Hala, and the Melemele Stamp, if we go by the games. He doesn't have a Pokemon that can use All-Out Pummeling right now, but I don't see why that's a reason for a loss.
Probably because he usually loses to one of the first three battles in the region (Brock in Kanto, Whitney in Johto, Brawly in Hoenn, Roark in Sinnoh, Lenora in Unova and Viola in Kalos) and since his battle with Hala is the Grand Trial (and his second battle in Alola), that might be the reason for this theory, but who knows

Pokenchi Preview
- Ash and Hala yell out something and then a VS-esque screen is shown.
- Hala's Crabrawler has one of Ash's Rowlet's wings trapped in one of its pincers.
- Crabrawler waves Rowlet around and then eventually throws Rowlet away.
- Ash is surprised when Hala starts to use a Z-Move.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsVGI1NfpWQ

Poor Rowlet, it gets grabbed, swung around, and then thrown. Watch Rowlet fall and land on someone's head again.

Am I misremembering, I thought that Mokuroh and not Pikachu used the Z move in this episode? (Or am I wrong in thinking that a Z move can be used only once per battle?)

Am I misremembering, I thought that Mokuroh and not Pikachu used the Z move in this episode? (Or am I wrong in thinking that a Z move can be used only once per battle?)

I don't know about the games, but you can use it more than once in the anime. Although, as some have speculated, the Rowlet scene could be from a rematch against Hala, seeing as the sky looks like it could be dusk/dawn, whereas the battle in this episode takes place near the middle of the day, or somewhere near that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom