• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM011: Satoshi Visits Kaki!

I have one question. Do Sophocles, Lana and Lillie appear in this episode? I only saw Mallow, but I don't see the other three.

Really brilliant episode, honestly Kiawe's such an interesting character. Really great development for him. As for Team Rocket though they've been sitting on their asses wasting their valuable time, time for them to get some development next week.

Really brilliant episode, honestly Kiawe's such an interesting character. Really great development for him. As for Team Rocket though they've been sitting on their asses wasting their valuable time, time for them to get some development next week.
They haven't did anything worthwhile since SM006, Jesus Christ.

Anyways, the episode looked decent. I will have to see it in subs soon to fully review it.

• Well hello there...Lychee's foot?
  • Itadakumasu isn't count as praying before lunch?
  • That boy doesn't sound like a boy at all.
  • Kaki is obsessed with the little girl (sister?).
  • Suddenly Mao, out of nowhere.
Screenshot_2017-01-19-15-27-35-1.png
Screenshot_2017-01-19-15-50-56-1.png
Screenshot_2017-01-19-15-49-47-1.png

This episode was decent! Sophocles, Lana and Lillie don't appear in this episode, so why are they listed in a page of SM011 in Bulbapedia, anyway? Kiawe has a nice family. Team Rocker was so cute in this episode sleeping together with a Bewear!

Alright, so it's been confirmed that Bewear is Jesus. This episode confirms that Rowlet is Moses. XD
Ash finally understands TR and what it feels like to be "blasting off again."
Someone said this as a Youtube comment, and I agree with this: Can we rename the series Ash's Bizarre Adventures?

My god is Kiawe overprotective of his little sister, Hoshi.
There has to be another episode on Kiawe and Hoshi, I hope.

Just like how SM006 made me like Sophocles and SM008 made me like Lillie, this episode made me like Kiawe more. It was quite weird, but nice how he acted towards his family before he was about to take off for another round of deliveries with Ash. The Pelipper's voice was pretty cute. I enjoyed learning a bit more about Kiawe and his relationship with his sister. It kind of reminds me of Clemont's and Bonnie's relationship, but it's still pretty different on its own.

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. It was nice to see more of Kiawe's personality.

First things first, I thought it was weird that Ash had the Normalium-Z in pocket and not on the Z-Ring. I mean, does he not notice that it has several slots for multiple Z-Crystals? I'm totally serious. It's not like Mega Stones where there's only one slot in the Ring/Bracelet for 1 stone, there are like 6 empty spots for Z-Crystals. I just thought that was weird. Anyway, I wasn't a fan of how the Z-Move training was just watching a stock footage Breakneck Blitz that looked nearly identical to the one shown last week, with the only difference being switching out Pikachu for Rowlet. I did however like that they showed how Z-Moves are so powerful that they exhaust the Pokemon using it, so that was nice.

I feel so dumb. Even after reading that Kiawe lived on a farm and playing through both Sun and Moon, I totally forgot about the fact that he actually lives in the ranch land of Paniola Town. I don't know how I didn't think of that, but whatever. It was nice to see a bit of Akala Island before Ash actually travels there. Though now I'm wondering when he's going to travel there. I mean, he's done with his Melemele Trials, I guess all he needs to do now is actually graduate the school. Hopefully that'll happen soon.

Damn, I though Kiawe was tall, but seeing him next to his parents...my gosh. And what the hell is up with Kiawe freaking out every time his sister tries to do something. I get that she's young, but c'mon. And I can understand the first freak out since she was literally trying to carry the milk herself, but she had a cart the second time. Well, that was funny to see.(But these moments did make me think of Clemont and Bonnie and I started missing them even more :cry:) It was even funnier with the fact that he screwed up and smashed Pikachu's tail the second time. But seriously, I did really enjoy seeing more to Kiawe's personality aside from being the super stoic guy he normally is. Particularly in the scene where Ash got kicked by Mudbray and Kiawe was just super calm about it.

I really wasn't a fan of how pointless Team Skull was. They actually went out of the way to bring back the same trio from episode one, only for them to get blasted away with Gigavolt Havoc, which was also just complete stock footage. That was so boring. I was happy to see Team Skull again after not seeing them in so long, but this was just so unnecessary. Well, at least it wasn't TR. Actually with that said, I'm so glad TR was barely in this episode :)

So overall, this was a really nice episode. The stock footage and pointless Team Skull appearance were annoying, but everything else was pretty great. I'll give it a 9/10.

Kiawe has just become my favourite character from this arc. He's cool and reliable, but also a total goof with a powerful onii-chan instinct. This look at his family life really brought out a side of his character we might have never seen otherwise.

The comedy was on point. Kiawe warning Ash what not to do after the fact, his overprotective behaviour around his sister, Pikachu carrying hay on a tiny rake, Ash leaving Kiawe's dad hanging because of ice cream and so on. The glimpse into Kiawe's background with his grandfather looks interesting. I also liked the small bit of worldbuilding where Kiawe's family paid respects to the volcano before a meal instead of the usual. Culture clashes like that make the region feel distinct from the all the others.

I'm enjoying these character episodes. They make me feel at home in the Alola region.

I've got a feeling Z-moves will mean we see a lot of stock footage.

I hope Team Skull isn't just blown away by a single Z-Move every time they appear...

These character episodes have all been some neat stuff, Lana got a personality, Sophocles and Togedemaru got development, Lillie made Pokemon progress with the egg and established her family does exist, and now Kiawe is the cool but deep hearted guy of the group... nice.

I don't care how long we must wait... that Mallow episode will come and it will be gorgeous

I don't know why they always push Mallow down our throats. She appears even when she has no business. Is her VA really famous or something?
Other than that nice episode.

Considering, with this episode, it's established that travel from island to island is really easy, there won't be any travel episodes.
I don't know why they always push Mallow down our throats.

She's got no episode for herself.

This pretty much went down just as Lana's and Sophocole's individual episodes. Yeah there was some backstory to the character (okay... classmate) of the day but that didn't stop the episode from being mostly boring and forgettable.

This pretty much went down just as Lana's and Sophocole's individual episodes. Yeah there was some backstory to the character (okay... classmate) of the day but that didn't stop the episode from being mostly boring and forgettable.

IKR?

I'm always up for a companion--now classmate--getting focus and development...but surely they can do better than standard issue plots that play like updated OS episodes...
(these guys and Clemont should form a support group)

I want to like this episode more than I do. I really do. Kiawe got some nice development, we got Olivia foreshadowing, some training for Ash, and Team Skull continuing their march to break Team Flare's record for most appearances by a Non-Rocket Team.

...and yet it was still rather uneventful and unimpressive. Heck, even TS loses points for being fairly random. Also, the TRio is back to making "What the *beep* are you doing here?" appearances like in AG and DP :(

Like SM5 and 6, I'm really not quite sure how to feel about this one...:cautious:

What is it with Satoshi having Pokemon vomit on him this series? Today it happened for the second time in so many episodes.

Kali was probably my least favourite of the current cast till now, but once again his episode has made me like him! I really liked that they tried to show how hard farm life really is (it was so refreshing to see Satoshi struggle with it!) and put Kaki's stoicism into perspective. Needless to say his family are awesome, especially Hoshi!

Pikachu and Pikapi's competitiveness to win praise from Kaki and Hoshi was priceless.

You know which other scene I really loved? When the Kanto-eyed boy gave his mother that ugly/cute Mokuroh cake and she was crying with joy! The realism/small joys and life/loving families aspect of SM is a treat.
Also, the TRio is back to making "What the *beep* are you doing here?" appearances like in AG and DP :(
It's pretty obvious foreshadowing to next week don't you think?

It's pretty obvious foreshadowing to next week don't you think?

It'll be two episodes at once: one will about the TRio and Mareanie while the other will be a little sumthin' for the lolicons in the house.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom