• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM012: The Extracurricular Lesson is Hidoide!?

Yes, I believe there are people who don't see the fine line between anime logic and real life logic because they try to implement real life or even game logic (battle mechanics from the game have little to no importance in the anime).
I mean, don't theorists and conspirators do that constantly? Unless by real life you mean the games.

So for me, the scenes with Ash & classmates were my favorite. Having said that, that was some field trip to be on. The field trips I went on back when I was in school weren't nearly this fun. Of course I don't live on an island, so whatever.

I'm thinking that the scene where Ash lost to Team Rocket might end up being a 'wake-up call' of sorts for him to get more motivated. He's basically just been goofing around all this time in the school setting & field trips to the beach. I'm not trying to discount the character development we've gotten so far up to this point. I'm just saying that if he really wants to continue with these island trials, then he needs to get serious about going out to catch some more Pokémon & getting them trained up right to take on the other Totems & Kahunas. Two Pokémon does not a team make. That's on you, Ash. If you had at least 3 'mons on hand by now, you might have come out on the plus side of things in that battle.

As for Team Rocket --- that Bewear gag is getting really old since there has not been one inkling of a hint yet so far to explain why Bewear has affixed itself to them. Let's have some flashback scenes writers, please, to explain the reasoning behind Bewear being apparently obsessed with keeping TR on a short leash.

So does this mean Musashi and Matori now have a little rivalry or something going on?
I guess so. Does this mean Yamato and Kosaburo are officially irrelevant now because the rivalry with Musashi was her thing?
Let's have some flashback scenes writers, please, to explain the reasoning behind Bewear being apparently obsessed with keeping TR on a short leash.
I'm getting some Bambi vibes from Bewear. Either it lost it's mother as a cub or it lost three or four cubs to the Aether Foundation or a poacher.
I will admit, it was nice to see a beach episode again, but, the fact that TR was so close to beating Ash did not sit well with me and i cannot for the life of me understand why so many people would think that that was a good thing.

Ash could have been dangerously close to losing his pokemon and this sort of thing implies that he can't defend himself against the TRio without help, how is any of that good?
First,how many times has Ash won? How many times have Team Rocket won? For Team Rocket fans,this may be the closest we'll get to our underdogs finally winning. Second this is not the first time a deus ex machina or a character stopped Team Rocket when they were close to getting Pikachu. I'm not sure exactly how many times it's happened previously but I think it may be equivalent to the amount of times Jessie and James have hugged or held onto each other throughout the series.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom