• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM012: The Extracurricular Lesson is Hidoide!?

I've only seen the preview, but I can say: I like the pizza scene, where Turtonator puts the oven on.

C3FuSqdXgAIoYyC.jpg
Today's ep in a nutshell... hope ye all enjoy your sleep tonight. And I'm glad James got Mareaine so he can get attacked even more.

OK, revised: I like the scene in which heaps of Mareanie suddenly come out of the water.

• Dogasu and Arbo is referenced via lures (an in your face to Kasumi?).
  • Mimikyu is great as always. Nyasu literally died and come back to life, similar to Satoshi from OS.
  • Kiteruguma's gag gets old quickier than I expect. It is also annoying to stop Pikachu and Mimikyu's battle everytime they fight.
  • Kojiro X Hidoide is canon.
  • First "Beach episode" since BW. Longest one that showcase it since OS.
  • Matori is acting like TR's boss. Promotion?
  • Suiren is always wearing that swimsuit?
  • Funniest TR episode since DP. Liked their interaction with wild pokemon,
  • Poor Sonansu is hungry yet Musashi didn't give him anything.
  • Mimikyu is actually Zygarde!
    Screenshot_2017-01-26-15-10-55-1.png

It feels like a Kanto episode.

Last edited:
What I Liked About The Episode

-Matori's new design looks pretty good!

-First beach episode in forever..

-The Ekans and Koffing hooks were a great reference.

-Meowth actually dies from shock upon seeing Mimikyu's true form in the beach.. and ressurects??.

-Rowlet doesn't sleep for half the episode.

-Wobbuffet has its own fishing rod.. that's a nice touch.

-James catches Mareanie, thus continuing the gag of his Pokemon hurting him.

-A nice group shot at the end of the episode.

-Team Rocket actually beats Pikachu and Rowlet...

What I Didn't Like About The Episode:
-...only to get taken away by Bewear.

-How does Pikachu beat a gigantic totem Pokemon, but still get its butt kicked by Mimikyu? It's BW all over again.

-No motto used in this episode.

9/10

Last edited:
How come the anime is so good at making nightmarish faces, yet even when it tries very hard it has trouble with funny faces?
Anyway, Mareanie seems actually cute, and I did chuckle when Wobbufet fished that shoe (idk, it seemed funny to me) + the whole Cloyster not giving a damn about TR's attempt at capturing it. And Mimikyu is scary like always, but I'd really wish it didn't make that rusted gate sound when it's walking, it's more grating than scary.

-Matori's new design looks pretty good!

-First beach episode in forever..

-The Ekans and Koffing hooks were a great reference.

-Meowth actually dies from shock upon seeing Mimikyu's true form in the beach.. and ressurects??.

-Rowlet doesn't sleep for half the episode.

-Wobbuffet has its own fishing rod.. that's a nice touch.

-James catches Mareanie, thus continuing the gag of his Pokemon hurting him.

-A nice group shot at the end of the episode.

-Team Rocket actually beats Pikachu and Rowlet...

What I Didn't Like About The Episode:
-...only to get taken away by Bewear.

-How does Pikachu beat a gigantic totem Pokemon, but still get its butt kicked by Mimikyu? It's BW all over again.

-No motto used in this episode.

9/10
Mimikyu's too damn overpowered, it stole Pikachu's amazing skill off XY. :eek:

9/10
Even the TR itself shocked, and indeed, Mimikyu is a strong one, just look at how it battle without intruction

Mimikyu's Disguise Ability I've heard offered as an explanation: normally a T.R mon is vulnerable to a one hit K.O, but that ability absorbs it. Plus some mons just start off crazy strong.

Remember Paul's Ursaring?

Big Pokemon =/= strong Pokemon just like how Small Pokemon =/= Weak Pokemon

Mimikyu's strength being almost if not equal to Pikachu's has been showcased since its debut.
Also, Rowlet also battled the Gumshoos, so it probably tired it out a bit. Pikachu battled Meowth, Wobbuffet and Mimikyu.

Disclaimer: I am caffeinated and sugared and palpitating as I write.
Disclaimer 2: I just read a hilarious thread on Serebii in which some character(s) is (or are) crying salty tears over Satoshi losing today’s battle and it was hysterically funny. Anyone needing a laugh, you know where to look.
Disclaimer 3: This review will include my abbreviated life story encompassing key events pertaining to my experience of the episode.

Firstly, I love the Rocket TRio. You already knew that right?

In 2012, my friends and I bought a 42” TV for £250, which was mostly wasted in us keeping up with the Kardashians and crying over dead Starks. When we parted ways in 2015 we were forced to sell it, though we got an excellent price of £200 for it. Anyway, this weekend I “visited” the new owners and stole it back to furnish my lonely flat.

Last week I finished the most soul-sucking placement and today was the start of a new rotation. After <1hr of work, the boss said “Coffee?” and we, the team, went to the café. In order to pretend that I am an adult, I ordered a latte. At this point you should note that I DON’T DRINK CAFFEINATED DRINKS EVER. In order to make the brown swill palatable, I added 3 sachets of sugar. After almost 2 hours of general chit-chat, someone suggested we get back to work. By now I was decidedly worse for wear - I was tasked with a small job requiring moderate fine motor skills, which I could not complete as my hands were shaking uncontrollably. Then my senior said there was nothing else to do, so why don’t I go home?

So I walk back, deliriously happy, heart singing, hey what’s the time? My goodness, it’s time to watch Pokemon! HEY I CAN WATCH POKEMON ON MY BIG TV!! (If only the effects of that coffee would wear off enough for me to sit still and concentrate but I guess no one can have everything in life.)

And then what happened? Only THE BEST £$%^&*g TR EPISODE SINCE DP.
Truly, what else could I have asked for? When was the last time a piece of tv intended to be enjoyed by someone 15-20 years my junior made me laugh & love as much as this?

I must have watched Kojiro opening the episode at least 5x on the pretence of setting the tv/laptop connection up. He was almost life-sized on that screen! <3 And for all that, it was probably the least best scene of the whole episode.

Who do I praise first? Omode? (I KNOW RIGHT?!) Natsume? The seiyuus? Mimikyu? For starters, whoever inserted the Arbo & Dogas lures can just go directly to heaven now itself.

Kojiro, Musashi and Nyasu, and Sonansu and Mimikyu and Kiteruguma and Hidoide and Satoshi-tachi were just pure in this episode. Pure what? I cannot say right now. It is not possible to hyperbolate (hyperbolise?) enough the way they… were. I might have to return to this later.

Mimikyu’s stunt in the sea was… what is the superlative of funny?

Huge thanks to whoever thought up the wet-hair scene also. If your intention was to take me back to 2009, congratulations: you succeeded.

I promised last time that I would not get caught out by Kiteruguma again. BUT KITERUGUMA YOU DON’T PLAY FAIR. How could I expect it to burst out of the sea after Musashi and Kojiro defeat Satoshi in battle?! It was all so improbable that… that…!!

Hidoide is an excellent addition and darling, you know what, I feel the same as you. Let’s share hmm? Oh you don’t want to? Can I expect some delicious possessiveness/jealousy from you?

Ok I must love you and leave you, but I might be back later to hold forth on the excellences of this episode again.

Didn't care for this episode and I skipped through most of it since it focused on the group of characters I hate the most and a Pokemon I don't like.

I did like the beginning where Lana was swimming underwater with Popplio and Ash and Sophocles playing in the water. I also enjoyed that Mallow continues to be the person to encourage Lillie to do stuff and I was thrilled to see more of Bounsweet. She needs way more screen time. I also got a chuckle out of Kiawe joining the group in their water fight simply because Sophocles
asked him to. I also thought it was cute when Sophy and Togedeamaru were sticking their tongues out at Shellder.

I did catch the part where Mimikyu was out of its cloak and Meowth seemed dead for a bit. That was weird.

Otherwise, I didn't care much fro anything else. Though, I did thoroughly enjoy seeing Rowlet K.O'd and poisoned. The Bewear gag was utterly stupid to use. Not only was Mimikyu seconds away from taking out Pikachu, TR was in absolutely no danger. Ash's friends were no where around and there was no one to help him after Pikachu's presumed defeat. There was absolutely no reason to have that idiotic gag here. Also, I think it was stupid that James caught Mearine in a regular PokeBall. What, did he have no more Luxuray Balls? That only makes the fact that Jessie took and used that one on Mimikyu even more irritating.

3/10 overall. Even those few moments with Ash and friends weren't enough to make this a good episode.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom