• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM013: The Big Alola Pancake Race!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if Raichu was at fault?

If you ever notice, they write the story such that Raichu is always at fault. It's rather sickening to see your favourite Pokemon being bashed atleast once every season. I was specially enraged at Sceptile vs Raichu in XY(Z). I'd have preferred Raichu defeating ZardY.

Noah is a girl? o_O
She seems nice, but looks like I was right about Raichu.

EDIT: Hey! It's Ryuko Matoi's seiyuu. :ROFLMAO:

My child! Alolan Raichu is finally here! Of course though Pikachu and Raichu don't get along. They always have any Raichu behave rudely towards Pikachu and it gets tiring seeing them make Raichu look like the bad guy.

Nice to see someone shares my sentiments too! But of course, all Raichu are like my best buddies. If I were in the Pokemon world, I'd open up a shelter for Raichu who were abandoned after it accidentally evolved from Pikachu.
Also, I'd create an evil team, Team Volt, whose mission would be to evolve every Pikachu in existence XD
/HyperMode

They always have any Raichu behave rudely towards Pikachu and it gets tiring seeing them make Raichu look like the bad guy.

images (1).jpg

If you ever notice, they write the story such that Raichu is always at fault. It's rather sickening to see your favourite Pokemon being bashed atleast once every season. I was specially enraged at Sceptile vs Raichu in XY(Z). I'd have preferred Raichu defeating ZardY.

I wouldn't say everyone. What about the one that the old Lady in DP had, the one at the Pokemon Summer Academy, Volkner's and the one that Kay had in Stage Fright? I think there are only a few of them that have had an antagonistic role towards Pikachu and sure Raichu lost to Mega Sceptile and Pikachu and Goodra, but it was the star of the former battle and with Lightning Rod, Raichu didn't really stand a chance. So, that's Lt. Surge's Raichu, which was the start of the trend, which was probably only made as an antagonist to make it and Lt. Surge seem like a big obstacle and as a comparison to how Ash and Pikachu's relationship is like. For Sho there was really no excuse, other than for Ash and Pikachu reaffirming the fact that Pikachu will never evolve. Then there's the one from that first Pikachu Short and again, that one was probably just there to show the rivalry between the two, since Raichu evolves from Pikachu. And that is why I assume Raichu has taken on this role again and since Raichu has a new form, I'm fine with this rivalry appearing again.

Just be happy your favorite Pokemon actually gets a spotlight. People who love Porygon have never gotten to truly see it unless they go online and search for an extremely bad quality animation of its episode that aired ONCE. People have also given you many times Raichu has had good personalities, this is literally the third time it is antagonistic to Pikachu so you shouldn't even be complaining like it happens every freaking generation.

Raichu needed to recharge it Psychic powers with Pancakes, it was totally gonna be here : )

Just be happy your favorite Pokemon actually gets a spotlight. People who love Porygon have never gotten to truly see it unless they go online and search for an extremely bad quality animation of its episode that aired ONCE. People have also given you many times Raichu has had good personalities, this is literally the third time it is antagonistic to Pikachu so you shouldn't even be complaining like it happens every freaking generation.
Actually, Porygon was mentioned in SM001 where Samson Oak uses his Pokemon puns. I guess this is the first time Porygon was mentioned in the series due of that infamous seizure episode that it was banned for good.

Episode 3: Arrive in Alola. Accidentally become Kiteruguma's playthings.
Episode 4: Catch Mimikyu to escape Kiteruguma. Ultimately fail at this.
Episodes 5-12: Play cat and mouse with Kiteruguma; accomplish absolutely nothing.
Episode 12: Get a call from boss, decide to pull selves together & get on with the job. ?Catch Hidoide.
Episode 13: Let's win a pancake race!

Guys, seriously? You really ARE the limit!

Yeah...I think the writers are running (or have run) out ideas for what to DO with these guys. Heck, I almost wonder if they're as tired of them as some of us are...:cautious:

Pancake Race, respectively great. Who cares about battles anyway?
The majority of XYZ fanboys.

Anyways, this episode sounds like a decent filler that won't put me to sleep. *glares at SM005*

SO this is a Pikachu episode!! How wonderful :love:

(Also Mimikyu is racing, DAFUQ, that's unexpected but beautiful.)

Well to be fair, Raichu isn't a Pikachu clone, it's Pikachu's evolved form and Mimikyu isn't similar to Pikachu's design, it's just a Pokemon that wears a Pikachu like outfit. So the only other "Pikachu Clone" here is Togedemaru.

I'm gonna guess that Raichu's gonna be an asshole to Pikachu and he'll lose in the end because why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom