• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM014: The Crystal of Courage, Lilie and Rokon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Lillie is able to touch Vulpix in this episode, as it would seem like they would make a good duo

I honestly keep forgetting Brock had a Vulpix as well. It is cool that when giving a current companion the same Pokemon as a prior one, they are choosing one that will look different and be a different type. Alolan forms make it a lot easier to justify using the same one again.

an ominous shadow has its eyes set on Lillie while she's on her way home.
I wonder what this means, it could be the same slandet that we saw when Lillie got the egg or something else.

I'm wondering if the ominous shadow could be Team Skull or Guzma, or perhaps Plumeria if they don't want to introduce Guzma so early.. It may be early to introduce Guzma, especially since we haven't met Gladion yet in person, but besides Nihilego, or the more obvious Team Rocket, I don't know who else the shadow could actually be.

I'm convinced it'll be Salandit again. It makes sense IMO because A. Vulpix is weak to both of Salandit's typings, thus why it wants to hurt it.

I'm convinced it'll be Salandit again. It makes sense IMO because A. Vulpix is weak to both of Salandit's typings, thus why it wants to hurt it.

Actually vulpix is weak only to the fire type part of salandit, because before it evolves it's only an ice type. But yes i agree that it must be salandit.

Here is a bit of new information on the episode, which Dephender translated. There are also new images of the episode.

UOQOfoG.png

A Pokémon has finally hatched from the egg everyone have been taking care of. Lillie is also happy about this, but since she's unable to touch Pokémon, she then ends up getting sad.
What hatched from the egg was a Vulpix. Isn't it cute?
Some people that feel rather ominous for some reason appear. Who could they be?!

People? I wonder if we're going to get our first look at the Aether Foundation...unless of course they're just talking about Team Rocket in disguise in the corner.

Also Vulpix is too cute!

Last edited:
People? I wonder if we're going to get our first look at the Aether Foundation...unless of course they're just talking about Team Rocket in disguise in the corner

Could be...but since when has the TRio ever been considered "ominous"?

(Before anyone bring ups BW, they were hardly ominous because they were STILL being defeated easily, only for a different, even worse reason)

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom Zukan
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Unsho Ishizuka: Principal Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Rikako Aikawa: Ashimari
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Chika Fujimura: Amakaji
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames

Summary translated by Dephender:
Satoshi and the others are really excited about the act that the egg they have been taking care of has hatched. Lilie, who has been in charge of the egg, is overjoyed as well, but she is unable to touch the Pokémon and just gets depressed. And then, a mysterious shadow that has its eyes set on Lilieand the others starts to...?!

Summary:
A Pokémon is finally born from the egg everyone have been taking care of! Lilie, who has been hard at work being in charge of the egg, is of course overjoyed, and so are Satoshi and the others. However, Lilie is unable to touch the Pokémon. She gets depressed, but Satoshi and the others encourage her, and she decides to approach the Pokémon. Will she become able to touch it?

Could be...but since when has the TRio ever been considered "ominous"?
Beats me, but for some reason these magazine previews love to propagate the fallacy that there is something threatening about them!

Beats me, but for some reason these magazine previews love to propagate the fallacy that there is something threatening about them!

There is now, given the power Mimikyu has shown in battle against Pikachu. If the last episode, as of this posting, is indicative of Team Rocket's new power, they have now become an actual threat, especially to someone like Lillie, who only has a newborn Pokémon (which she can't yet touch) as defense.

I should've known better than to fall for something in the episode description. They're always misleading. Oh well.

At least the longer I look at Wobbuffett in that hat and those sunglasses, the funnier it gets.

There is now, given the power Mimikyu has shown in battle against Pikachu. If the last episode, as of this posting, is indicative of Team Rocket's new power, they have now become an actual threat, especially to someone like Lillie, who only has a newborn Pokémon (which she can't yet touch) as defense.

Well she would probably be able to touch Pokemon in a crisis, like how she hugged Vulpix'x egg when Salandit was going to attack/eat it. Plus, she wouldn't really need to touch a Pokemon to battle Team Rocket. Although I do agree that Team Rocket seem pretty strong with the Pokemon they have, especially with Bewear on their side.

OK, Ash really needs to get his A-Game and get to some training or else Team Rocket will beat him down, before Bewear kidnaps them of course

Preview
- The Alolan Vulpix yawns and eats some food.
- Mallow drags Ash by his shirt.
- Principal Oak is holding the normal Vulpix egg and it starts go glow.
- Lillie runs away from Team Rocket.
- The Alolan Vulpix attacks Team Rocket with an Ice-type attack.
- Lillie protects Team Rocket from the Alolan Vulpix and then James's Mareanie attacks the two.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBlxzglWfnA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom