• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM014: The Crystal of Courage, Lilie and Rokon!

Yeah agreed! In particular I like the fact that Musashi is yet to command a single move!

I just feel certain that that'll have to change at some point though... Say in a year's time when they start doing boy-and-his-dog episodes with Musashi & Kojiro, surely there will be an episode which involves delving into why Mimikyu is such a little git and some resulting bonding/character development? Because, so far, Musashi and Mimikyu have not actually battled together even once! And surely that cannot continue indefinitely?!

(I guess I just also really wanted Musashi & Kojiro to have equal team sizes again and if K caught Kiteruguma then it would work :p)
I just feel like the writers might want to give them different Pokemon for different situations. I have no doubt they will both have at least two new Pokemon this series since it's what they came here to do. Changing this about Mimikyu would kinda take away what makes it special, besides it still attacks other Pokemon as long as Pikachu is there so it's still doing a solid job for Team Rocket.

It's quite possible that you're right and I'm being very narrow minded. Only time will tell!

Lilie is officially the best companion character this season. And my goodness, Shiron is so cute. I was never that into Vulpix before, but Alola Vulpix is squee-worthy. I wonder if it'll eventually evolve into Alola Ninetails, that would be *puts on sunglasses* cool.

I'm so happy that Team Rocket continues to be great and have decent screen time (for them). And the animation for the episodes seems to be getting better, I think? Knock on wood...

Lilie is officially the best companion character this season. And my goodness, Shiron is so cute. I was never that into Vulpix before, but Alola Vulpix is squee-worthy. I wonder if it'll eventually evolve into Alola Ninetails, that would be *puts on sunglasses* cool.

I'm so happy that Team Rocket continues to be great and have decent screen time (for them). And the animation for the episodes seems to be getting better, I think? Knock on wood...
I'd refuse to have an episode like this be poorly animated.

So right off the bat I'm ticked at Cousin Oak for snatching away the Kanto Vulpix and saying he's going to keep it for himself. The way it so easily interacted with everyone, even pushing Shiron off the table, which was both cute & funny, I was really hoping that when they said about raising them, they would raise them both together. I mean that way they could continue their 'observations' of the two variants & see first hand how they differ from one another. Not just because their personalities are different. Actually, what I was really hoping for was that if Lillie got Shiron, Ash would get to raise the Kanto Vulpix. So I can add this as another reason as to why I'm not terribly fond of Cousin Oak. I bet we see hardly anything of that Kanto Vulpix anymore since Cousin Oak only seems to be a semi-recurring character.

As far as Lillie becoming Shiron's trainer, it does seem as though she isn't entirely afraid of Pokémon, although I still think that's some part of what the issue is for her. And I have to say, it was a rather telling scene in the classroom when she was down on the floor by herself staring at Shiron while behind her the others were having a good ole time talking. That just seemed to really emphasize the separation she feels between how the others interact with their Pokes while she doesn't seem able to. I still hope she is going to show some initiative, now that she has Shiron, to start digging into whatever it was that happened to cause her to feel this way. And the walk & talk scenes were especially nice, I thought. I was hoping that she would be able to communicate to Shiron what her troubles were & I was really glad to see that that happened. I don't care what anyone says, Pokémon can understand what you're saying to them, dangit. It seemed pretty clear to me that Shiron knew pretty well enough what Lillie was saying to it, and when Lillie said "I love you" to Shiron, it brightened up right away at that.

Rowlet was adorably ditzy as usual and its epic fail at finding Lillie reminded me of when Toucannon sent it out in search of fruit and it picked up that wind chime & brought it back. At least Ash's reaction was less violent than Trumbeak's was. Rowlet, you should be glad that you got away from that Toucannon family. I'm just saying.

I really like Mallow a lot and I hope they are soon going to have an episode focusing on her & her family & their restaurant. She's the only one as of now that hasn't gotten her own episode yet. Her dragging Ash off to spy on Lillie was funny. I think in the game Mallow has an older brother, if I remember correctly. I wonder if that's why she takes on the older sister role with Lillie. I mean, Lana has two little sisters, and Kiawe has a little sister as well. Maybe Mallow wishes she had a little sis, too. *shrugs*

Anyway, the end there where Lillie jumps after Shiron and saves it, I didn't feel was too Farfetch'd. When something drastically terrible happens, it is possible to find that you have pushed yourself beyond the limits you thought you had to overcome whatever the calamity is that is facing you. So in that moment, Lillie's focus narrowed down to a pinpoint of needing/wanting to save Shiron regardless of what the cost to her might be. I feel that is why she was able to grab hold of it, and her inability to touch Shiron, specifically, was wiped away. As far as the other Pokémon go....she doesn't have that same connection to them of being the one responsible for caring for them and protecting them and keeping them from harm. Of course, this is just my own particular theory.

As far as Team Rocket goes.... That Mimikyu is just hilarious. It's so consumed with hatred for the Pikachu line that fighting any other kind of Pokémon is apparently beneath it. And Jessie saving donuts for the Bewear was.....interesting. Although in hindsight, since it *appears* as though the Bewear has killed her, maybe that wasn't such a good idea. lol...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom